Mr. Green Gaming

Zombie survival gamemode - func_door and other entitites issue

Deluvas

Hi. Have you noticed that zombie survival gamemode deletes doors and other entities ?.(i dont know what they are called). Well, this brings a nasty advantage to zombies. For example : in the map zs_ventilation, the entrance from zombie spawn to the complex itself (where the red button is, near the hp packs) was being sealed by a func_door, that is deleted by gamemode!! This results in massive amounts of zombies cutting from spawn into the building and killing humans like butter. Oh and by the way, if you play ventilation on sandbox, you will see that there are some fans rotating( up and down) , so that if you fall down, they will cut you .

This applies to nastyhouse or whatever the rip off house from hl2 is called, where zombie get through the basement (there was a door there, where the red button is) and slaughter all humans.

In other other words, why is the gamemode deleting these entities...? do they cause lag or what ? if not ..please make a script or edit the gmode to keep them . :P

Hi. Have you noticed that zombie survival gamemode deletes doors and other entities ?.(i dont know what they are called). Well, this brings a nasty advantage to zombies. For example : in the map zs_ventilation, the entrance from zombie spawn to the complex itself (where the red button is, near the hp packs) was being sealed by a func_door, that is deleted by gamemode!! This results in massive amounts of zombies cutting from spawn into the building and killing humans like butter. Oh and by the way, if you play ventilation on sandbox, you will see that there are some fans rotating( up and down) , so that if you fall down, they will cut you .

This applies to nastyhouse or whatever the rip off house from hl2 is called, where zombie get through the basement (there was a door there, where the red button is) and slaughter all humans.

In other other words, why is the gamemode deleting these entities...? do they cause lag or what ? if not ..please make a script or edit the gmode to keep them . :P

They were removed to stop props jamming them/props going into them, spazzing out and killing several people

They were removed to stop props jamming them/props going into them, spazzing out and killing several people

XD .. yes well , you know ... props are now breakable and if you place one in between, it will be crushed. A solution would be to reedit the maps and place func_movelinear ...

if i had permission to edit maps (from maker ofc) i would add some new rooms to increase/decrease the chance of humans/zombies to win. In other words, decompile the map and place an additional door, or some items , make a new room to the maps that are impossible to win .. if not , i would simply replace the func_doors with move linears.

you know what , mister random hobo, it seems that you want to argue with me ... all i want is those maps to be balanced, nothing more...i am not trying to modify the idea of the map itself, just to fix the func_doors by replacing them with other similar entities ; and by the way, "taking someone's work for no reason" -> the reason is to fix the maps for zombie survival mod so they are balanced again. (as the author intended) ; there are like 3 or 4 maps that have func_doors.