Mr. Green Gaming

Possibly new Zombie Survival classes

Ywa

After discussing some stuff with Deluvas I came up with either upgrades or new classes for Zombie Survival. Feel free to give comments on them or tell us what new zombie you'd like to see.

=====================
Fire zombie
=====================
> Unique abilities:
- Throws a spit of fire. When the spit touches ground it will create a small fire.
> Looks:
- Poison-zombie model but always on fire (if possible)
- When doing nothing it makes a sound as if a zombie is on fire and screams help and shit.
- Maybe make a reskin of the poison-zombie which makes it more like a burned body?
> Comments:
- Maybe make a recharge timer for the spit.
- The game maybe needs an ability that if a human walks through fire he'll get on fire too for a short time (instead of just 1 time damage when walking through)

=====================
Poison-zombie
=====================
> Unique abilities:
- Always creates a trail of smoke behind him that lasts 30 secs. If a human walks through the smoke it will damage him and blur/overlay his screen with smoke (?)
- Can attack with his claws too.
> Looks:
- Current chem-zombie/poison-zombie model but with smoke around it (and behind him of course :P)
- Reskin?
> Comments:
- None

=====================
Headcrab
=====================
> Unique abilities:
- Can jump on a humans head and control his keys AND/OR blur the players screen so he can't see whatever he's doing (other humans must kill the zombie)
> Looks:
- Current headcrab or fast-headcrab model
> Comments:
- None

=====================
Fast zombie
=====================
> New feature:
- If a fast zombie lands on a human. The human will get dizzy and can barely walk and shoot (making it easier for the fast zombie to attack him)
> Looks:
- No changes
> Comments:
- Only a new feature, no changes

=====================
Howler (new class)
=====================
> Unique abilities:
- Can sing a song with a crappy girl voice and only the humans near the howler hear it. If they dont get away from the howler they get damaged a lot (ear damage).
> Looks:
- A young girl/school girl (zombified)
> Comments:
- Needs a modeller for a new model

Raging about "I DONT WANT THIS" and shit gets ignored or deleted.

Thanks!

the fire zombie sounds cool.

But it needs a crapload of balancing as "forcing players out of their camp spots" may sound good, but current ZS mechanics make it suicide to run out of the room on some maps.

+ its suicidal to run outside as Spawnprotection zombies will rape you with their speedhax :V

Headcrab sounds awesome tho, kinda dangerous near large pit falls and stuff.

fire spitter:+ good thought, make him hit low damage to

- smoke trail = damge? if it stays 30 seconds he could run all over the map which would mean one huge maze of damage

Headcrab: that's what I first thought it would do XD.gif

fast zombie: good idea but would it be exactly on top or just hit the head like you would just jump against him

Howler= jiglypuff <--nuff said

FINAL SMASH, ALL HUMANS FALL ASLEEP.

First thing that popped up :V

=====================

Heacrab

=====================

> Unique abilities:

- Can jump on a humans head and control his keys AND/OR blur the players screen so he can't see whatever he's doing (other humans must kill the zombie)

Thats sounds fun :D

And the girl thing, make it like the behemoth in IW, only one at the time. If its 20 girls singing :S You cant run out of map :P

Edited by Notte

I hope you know that fire zombie was the first Chem zombie (in very old times)?

By the way ,wasn't this one of the ideas I suggested to you Delu?^^I remember I told you about "burning flesh" if humans touch them they're going to lose a bit of life :V

For the headcrabs, why making the screen blurring? D: There are already the friggin wraiths spamming the scream on humans, I think it's enough for blurring/shaking effects :/

Also you should make a sort of limit for those special zombies (fire,singer etc...) otherwise imagine L4D2 with 10 spitters spraying acid everywhere, that would be the same thing, maybe a limit or another system, like it's unlocked at certain times during the game and after it locks etc, maybe a switcheable special zombie selection:

It rotates randomly between the fire-howler-other special class ?

Well let's see if it won't make big unbalances..

Edited by Chikennugget1

I believe it's the best to have 3 standard classes. (Classic) Zombie, fast zombie en headcrab. The special classes (other classes) are assigned to a player when he spawns. And he won't be able to choose between the special classes (the director/game decided what's the best).

Well, I see the things like that:

Normal classes (like the old zs etc) :

-Zombie

-Fast zombie (unlocked after 50% infliction/10 mins)

-Headcrab (15% infliction/5 mins)

-Poison Zombie (75% infliction/5 mins)

-Fire Zombie (which is CHEM zombie, as in old zs; 75% infliction/5 mins too)

Special:

-Burner (your fire zombie): 30% Chance to unlock it every 4/5 minutes, only after the 15 mins cap passed.

-Howler: 20% Chance to unlock it every 4/5 minutes, only after 10 minutes passed. Only 2 players can be Howlers.

-[Add class here]

Also, some classes I suggest:

-Red Crab: He is fast, and each time he is killed, a red acid liquid sprays around his corpse for 6 seconds, any human touching this liquid will lose 1hp/second during 15 seconds and he will get his sight colored in red and a bit blurry.

-Illuminabie: When this zombie touches a prop, if the player right clicks he will take the touched prop's appearance for a few seconds. Has normal damages(as a normal zombie)

-Gargoyle: This zombie can fly for 10 seconds if the map is an opened one (ex: zs_outpost,etc...), he can't fly inside buildings.When he flies, he can spit small spikes which do 1 damage to the target.

After 10 seconds the Gargoyle is tired and must get to the ground otherwise he will fall and die(he dies if he falls from a height).On the ground, he is as slow as a normal zombie but does weak damages.

Another possible one (inspired by the movie Crank):

================
Crank
================
> Unique abilities:
- Claws deal lots of damage (50 hp per hit)
- Run/walk fast
- Loses health every second it doesnt attack and/or stands still
> Looks:
- Custom model? Dont know any current one
- Needs custom/new sounds too. Dont know which ones though
> Comments:
- Special class

totally doesn't sound like the ZS I know but the ideas sound really cool.

illuminabie=spy?

gargoyle+flying? is it like a fast zombie or does it fly all the way to the top in less then 2 seconds

Illuminabie is kinda spy, he can disguise as a prop to hide from players, but he is weak (not a lot of hp)

Gargoyle is not like a fasty, he flies, but for a few seconds, (means you can go where ever you want but for a limited time, and with the convenience of the factor "tired", you have to get fast to the ground once your energy/fly bar is empty.

Does every zombie need to ranged?

In my opinion the fun of zombie survival gamemodes is that they can't attack you from far.

What about one like The Soldiers pickaxe in TF2? Deals more damage when its health is low.

Or a normal soldier, has low health but is immune to bodyshots (and possibly head) due to bulletproof vest.