Mr. Green Gaming

Admin Application [Balmung]

Balmung

As a preface I would just like to say, Yes, I do understand that there are no avaliable positions for now, making this a serious, yet like a pre-Application/Mock-Application of a sort.

Gameserver: Team Fortress 2 - KotH, CP/CTF, Arena Servers

Country of origin: England

Link to SteamCommunity profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Left2Rage

I'm Matt, but usually known online as Balmung or Aksel, I've been a member of the Left4Green community for a while now, and I have been debating with myself whether to post this this early, I really enjoy playing on hte TF2 Servers, and feel that is the time to make an application for admin.

As itself why I think I should be admin, is for players, I think the keystone of any sort of structure is the members, they are what make things tick, but like a clock when left on it's own they eventually stop, or break down, and admins which are needed to replace the batteries and keep the hands from stopping, the same applies through the servers, Members are needed to keep a server running, but let unoccupied there are those who decide to speak against and cause chaos.

The next part I come to is dealing wtih those who speak out, choosing the correct punishment where appropriate is essential, Nobody wants to see permanent bans for a user mkaing oneracist remark, but a more understanding way is, I would carry out server moderating with Empathy, understanding why this persons angry and then choosing the correct way of dealing with it, throwing water onto a fire does not always put it out, it can make it worse. Assessment before Action everytime, Seeign the whole picture and then making the decision from that, this is wat I percieve would be expected of me in-game as a server admin.

Finally I'd like to come onto my site activity, I fully admit that I'm not overly active on the forum, I have and will continue to contribute where ever and whenever I can, whether it be on site or in the IRC's (Which I've finally figured out how to work!) Other than that theres not much else I can say, if anyone has any questions for me about anything I've said, (Or not said!) please ask, I'd also like iy if you pointed out any flaws I'm making, either by people who have played online with me, or they've found by reading this.

Thankyou for reading!

-Balmung

Edit: Almost forgot, Yeah, I'm in a Clan right now, one that I made with R/L friends, The Tag would be dropped from my name if I were to become admin.

Edited by Balmung

I don't think we need more arena admins, but if you are going to play more on different servers, I wish you all the luck you need ;)

yeah i agree with lukkie. please be active on the other servers ass well. arena already got lots of admins. nobody of the other servers know you;-/.so they never contact aether one of the arena guys.

but i wish you good luck

I don't think we need more arena admins, but if you are going to play more on different servers, I wish you all the luck you need ;)

yeah i agree with lukkie. please be active on the other servers ass well. arena already got lots of admins. nobody of the other servers know you;-/.so they never contact aether one of the arena guys.

but i wish you good luck

I was under the impression it was all as a whole, ^_^ But yeah, I do seem to stick to Arena alot, I'll play around on the other serverse, never been a real fan of CP games, but Payload CTF, And KOTH.

And thanks to everyone who has wished me luck and supported me. ^_^

You seem like you'd be a good admin, but I think we really need admins for PayLoad. Not that there is many cheaters on there, but many assholes. There are enough admins for Arena, I think, and, every time I checked, CP/CTF was totally empty anyway.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

You seem like you'd be a good admin, but I think we really need admins for PayLoad. Not that there is many cheaters on there, but many assholes. There are enough admins for Arena, I think, and, every time I checked, CP/CTF was totally empty anyway.

Yeh, I played a bit of PL yesterday and quite enjoyed it, Guess I'll try to be active across all 4 servers.

Edit: Thanks again for all the support.

Edited by Balmung
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...