Mr. Green Gaming

Hellow there ! Ohh and a map =D

Hellow there and nice to meet ! Randomly founded this server and i like it allot :D my desire is to make maps since i heard that individual player maps may eventually get up on the server. ^^ :unsure:

I had a server about the time MTA was launched but abandoned it.

My name on server is Daniek.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Edited by Daniek

about myself hmm... Im 18 years old , from Romania , recently i bumped into the idea of making MTA sa maps... but since I don't got a server , I abandoned it , but I heard from BinSlayer , or something like that , that its possible to request to put player made maps onto the server , Soooooooooooooooo i got tons if ideas of maps , I regret that i deleted my server ( it was verry old err about when MTA came out ). had allot of maps made by me :[ hated most of the default maps it had :lol:

I'm really looking forward into making maps , hoping they get a change to be up :)

Thanks for the warm welcome :P And voila the first problems i encounter while creating a map , Im curious , for example if I place a spawnpoint , and the clone others from that , doe it affect the spawn ? here is a image.

The verry first Humvee ( patriot ) was the 1st placed , and after that I cloned the rest from that verry first one , ran some tests and looks like i always spawn there , Is it because i cloned them all ?

Second issue , I placed about 4 Checkpoints to test it but it seems that the first checkpoint I placed is the last ... When im in Editor mode , i see the rest of checkpoints , but when attempting to test race it only shows the first checkpoint and the finish at same time.

Any drop of help / suggestion is welcome !

How'd you mean when you try?

I mean that i tested it on Race mode inside the editor not on a server

This is what i mean

Here`s the image <- It`s supposed to be the first checkpoint NOT finish one.

Here is the checkpoint while testing it on race mode

And here in edit mode

Teh image

As you can see in edit mode it indicates the next checkpoint while on test race mode it shows the first checkpoint as the finish one.

Any drop of help would be apreciated :lol:

Edited by Daniek

Hey Daniek, welcome to the forums. You're map seems to be nice, just remember to make them big enough for 32 players ;)

EDIT: - Wow it looks like all the maps i try have 1 checkpoint =/ any idea why ! ?

When i try I mean that when i test the map .

Had the problem to, it's a known bug: http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=5246. I fixed it by applying the patch posted there =>

Just extract and replace the files in the attached archive to this map:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\editor_main\server

I hope to see some of your maps on the server :P

fix.rar

Much apreciated SDK ! :lol:

The patch worked 1st time , but now it does same again , don't know why :angry: . Tried replacing them again but still same bug .

hmmm I think i found out why it didnt worked , in the map i tested , THe one im working on has a huge ammount of spawned props , and when trying to place something , for example a checkpoint it will show it after about 5 seconds after i selected it.

And i tried with a older version , where i didn't had that much spawned props , and for surprise all the checkpoints worked now !

Oi and im curious , If i clone a spawnpoint to make 32 does it affect because their cloned? or must I select each spawnpoint to place?

Edited by Daniek

Had the problem to, it's a known bug: http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=5246. I fixed it by applying the patch posted there =>

C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\editor_main\server

I use that two file too, but i had to overwrite in this folders:

c:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\editor_main.zip\server\

c:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resource-cache\unzipped\editor_main\server\

I am completely sorry for bumping.

Here are my problems:

-The directory you provided me with does not exist for me. There is no "editor_main\server" after "resources". Only after "resource-cache\unzipped".

-In MTA 1.0 Map Editor, I am able to open a map that I made in Map Editor from MTA: Race (old), and then I can see the normal objects, but all the pickups, checkpoints and spawnpoints are nowhere to be seen.

-When trying to test that map^, CJ spawns in midair, somewhere near the place where the normal spawnpoints are supposed to be, but not at the right position, but it says "error loading editor_test" and then after 5 seconds it changes into a random map.

-Whatever map that random map is, it always has only 1 checkpoint.

I used a program called Raceconv[erter] to change the format to MTA 1.0 style.

The reason I want to edit a MTA-Race-made map in this one, is because there are some cool features in this one, actually just the settings. For object-spawning, I don't want to use the new Map Editor (in MTA 1.0) because it sucks nasty asses.

Plus I can't figure out how you are supposed to make spawnpoints/pickups/checkpoints in the old MTA style in the new one.

Your patch doesn't work, but that isn't so suprising if you read the listed problems.^

If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one! Does that entice you? (Classic Dimentio line)

Edited by BlueYoshi97

Daniek, Welcome :)

Cloning normally means that you simply add a spawnpoint of the same model. Its just the editor that lets you spawn in the first checkpoint. An older version of the editor ( in MTA race 1.1.1) spawned you on a random place and thats why im not sure about it, but I think cloning is allright.

I think mta saves maps in MODS DEATHMATCH RESOURCES