Mr. Green Gaming

NEW GAME MOD FROM A FAIR POINT OF VIEW

Hi all i am back for a bit of games! I have always been a very pacient gamer, enjoying things that take time, like RTS and essentially zombie mod when it i first played it with robo, i was initially vey happy with the new game mod however as som1 who helped populate this comunity i believe i should have my say. Before i rant i will state a few positives.

New "who gets the kill" system is very good and satisfying...

The new weapon supply box type is good.

New howler despite its bad reception i actually like it.....

However, i feel i should let my opinion be known that i am not happy with alot of the "improvments" that has failed to represent the zombie mod's Unique factor.

What has happened to propkills? they are so weak..... There is no fearing props anymore as health is so easly obtainable no1 need to fear a moderate damaging prop, even with its supposed critical hit... Also many people may not know it but the propkilling is a very unique mechanisum that is not present in many games out there. The idea of using a prop to kill has great value in the game as many people will agree... to weaken it is to neglect the very thing that makes zombie mod special... the vast many times a zombie can be creative in using a prop within its surroundings to defeat the enemy is both "cool" and mentally rewarding when playing.

Also as obvious things go... we cannot have bombs that only hurt zombies..... However my point remains solid. we must have the old prop killing system back with all the props that kill such as lamp shades bedside lamps... even barells didn;t kill in 1 hit.. and thats fine... but not 3 hits... pleaaasseeeee....

Playing as zombie is now boring and essentially lethargic with no real element... it seems the new mod has increased the health of zombies so that killing by hand is more common which is lame.... it used to be that some zombie players where so feared that you would just run when faced with them now all are fearless to anyone....

I'm not asking for the new mod back, but i am sorry Props and the use of them in combat is an esential part of enjoying zmod... look at half life 2 with its gravity gun.... i can promise that it was a large part of its success.

Anyway... i hope to see you all playing again soon however for now i am done

Cheers

Frog

Agree that its boring now.

Even zombies from hl2 (coast part) hit the barrels longer.

Classic zombie throws the hatchez not that long. I wanted to touch down the faggots that were spamkilling, but the prop didnt even reach them, the distance wasn't high.

With some updates I would disagree with you.

For example, I killed over 9000 ppl as wraith in new gamemode.

Wraith is also invisible (looking backward at red crossfire >.>).

But gives not a big damage (what a shame >.<).

If you teamwork as wraith + zombie, you can both get the same brain. Like, first one shouts and hits, and another hits (duh!).

You can always win with a good tactic. all games require it (well, pacman doesnt -.-)

But basically it ofcourse needs the prophit update.

Edited by Mr.Darkness

Prop kills are reduced, because pros insta-killing noobs isn't the way it's supposed to go. It gives new-comers more chance to live :/.

well newcomers are stupid why the fuck are you just running around zombie spawn with a lowsy pistol? he just run away with little hp and run back to the spawn and finally he gets a fucking rape weapon and kills all... just wanna prop the bastard in the face

Prop kills are reduced, because pros insta-killing noobs isn't the way it's supposed to go. It gives new-comers more chance to live :/.

well newcomers are stupid why the fuck are you just running around zombie spawn with a lowsy pistol? he just run away with little hp and run back to the spawn and finally he gets a fucking rape weapon and kills all... just wanna prop the bastard in the face

Yes.

I like the new ZS better now, no more maps that keep repeating in a cycle.

But the props shouldn't be nerfed, the only way to improve your skill as a zombie has been murdered D:!

And the best teachers are your own mistakes.

Its a mistake if you let a zombie reach a deadly prop and you dont find cover.

Yes.

I like the new ZS better now, no more maps that keep repeating in a cycle.

But the props shouldn't be nerfed, the only way to improve your skill as a zombie has been murdered D:!

And the best teachers are your own mistakes.

Its a mistake if you let a zombie reach a deadly prop and you dont find cover.

I agree with Sneed.Noobs must be killed.And that's raging that they can just get an uber shotgun just by opening a box while people had to suffer, kill 40 zombies and so on to get a decent weapon.Honestly the challenge is dead, and removing what made the propkills so uniques digs even more the challenge's grave.

There is no noob/pro differenciation at all :/ I remember that I said some monthes ago that ZS turned into a game for casual players.I don't change this (there are no good challenges for hardcore players in the gameplay itselfs, only the noobies seem to be advantaged, not the others).

That's not that I hate the game but it's inequal, you wanted to help noobies by giving them possibilities to be better but on the other side the pros are losing what made their "pro" state.

Guys, i saw really many servers that died out cause of many factors.. main was The noob problem.

Noobs are essential and vital at any servers... without noobs theres no popular servers, how this happen?

Think... Noobs like to play as survivour, and of course noob dont like to die that fast, with that new update they are dying incredibly fast... More they die, less they play, server becomes less popular, when server becomes unpopular regulars quit too (well, sometimes they dont, but max players on server wont get over 10 players), so dont blame the noobs, noobs are vital to every gaming server (even in gmod), the gameplay maybe fun and dynamic right now, but that wont last that long... Lovers of upgrading quit that due to impossibility to lvl up (try on your own expiernce to kill 300 headcrabs with RIFLE, while theres no morron that will spawn as a headcrab, and yes i called a guy a morron cause there is no point in using headhumpers, especially poison ones), as i said b4 game balance has been critically damaged.

Yes but thats all fine i like noobs too they are fun to play with and help, the noobs lern to hide and then find a box they get a nice weapon and manage to kill anyway, noobs arn;t that common , every1 has played css and its unlikly that som1 that has never played css is gonna find gmod anyway. Plus this new system has ppl playing anyway. and look at that haunted house level! theres like 1 little paint pot... there are plenty of levels like that now anyway... at least consider that the poison zombie propkill to kill in 1 hit, that seems in my opinion fair because the poison zombie is even more usless now with its low speed and nerfed propkilling.....

Ah yes.

Note to Deluvas: [DONT READ PPL! OR ELSE BE FAGGOTS! :D]

Deluv, when I said about disable nailing big props, I didnt mean that the big props should become prop_dynamic.

I meant that you JUST cant nail them, not that they will be nailed already at spawning. Lets just look at map zs_greenpub. It abuses the zombies, cos you cant move it.

So deluv, sorry for making it harder. :<

Edited by Mr.Darkness