Mr. Green Gaming

Game Screen Recorder?

Piratebay.org>>>Fraps.Free.

The video's size are too heavy but it's a good tool (hmm, 3 minutes of Age of empire video=3,1 Giga, wat?)

yea when i record with fraps it does tend be be about 1 gb or 2gb. I just tend to put it in movie maker and tell it to shrink it to about 70 or 80 mb

The video's size are too heavy but it's a good tool (hmm, 3 minutes of Age of empire video=3,1 Giga, wat?)

yea when i record with fraps it does tend be be about 1 gb or 2gb. I just tend to put it in movie maker and tell it to shrink it to about 70 or 80 mb

That's because fraps records uncompressed video. It can't compress the videos during the recording because that would hurt computer performance even more.

heres what i use

Game recording: Fraps (full ;))

Deskopt recording: Hypercam 3 (full again)

Editing: Sony vegas 9 pro (full)

effects: after effects (full)

i recommend Fraps, yes it makes big file, but thats why we got over 1 tr (1000gb) harddisks.

heres couple tips with it

1. use 30 FPS. yes it makes your game laggier and IF thats problem, use 50fps

2. IF possible save captured videos to other hard drive than fraps installed, not sure why it makes better, but in fraps forums this tip is #1

3. If game starts lagg like hell suddenly when recording, stop recording -> clear save folder -> try again

And i hardly recommend saving files with movie maker or whatever you use. as an .wav, small file with medium qualitu. BUT if you are going to but it youtube, check tuts from there

Well, when I do it in movie maker, I get a really weird video format. Its contains 5 big letters. No idea how to make an .avi instead of that shit.

• 2 weeks later...

everything is free if you can find the right source but yeah fraps is really good.

EDIT: now that we're talking about recording, how can you record stuff in like MW where you can freely move through the map to see yourself in a different angle (check frag movies to see what I mean)

sry for if this is noobish :P. if you mean CoD modern warfare, you need special mod... cant remember name. in source you can use source TV to see yourself, or ask that server records demos :P

everything is free if you can find the right source but yeah fraps is really good.

EDIT: now that we're talking about recording, how can you record stuff in like MW where you can freely move through the map to see yourself in a different angle (check frag movies to see what I mean)

sry for if this is noobish :P. if you mean CoD modern warfare, you need special mod... cant remember name. in source you can use source TV to see yourself, or ask that server records demos :P

It's probably a command in console.

It's probably a command in console.

i tried it once. commands to console and mod... sry that i cant remember name :D