Mr. Green Gaming

CSS Surf server maps

Last updated, 26.2.2011

Yeah, the original surf server map thread is in admin section, so people cant comment.

REMOVAL LIST:

#1, surf_bathroom_final

Always nearly empty, had a lot of complains about it, and it really aint even fun, nor can you even call it a surf map. Needs to be removed ASAP.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

ADDING LIST:

#1 surf_lost_civilization

*Insert positive feedback here*

It's got enough positive feedback for me, I'd like to see it added asap.

Pretty good map. It has my blessing :)

Seems fun, definately worth trying.

http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/154198

Edited by Nobana
  • 4 weeks later...

REMOVAL LIST:

surf_vegetables (v2 or v1)

To be honest i think this map is a Pain in the ass, becouse its pritty hard and most of the people always rtv when possible at this map.

Hell naw, vegatables is the best surf skill map we have. It's just the odd one or two people that have a undying hatred of skill maps that rtv.

REMOVAL LIST:

To be honest i think this map is a Pain in the ass, becouse its pritty hard and most of the people always rtv when possible at this map.

Hell naw, vegatables is the best surf skill map we have. It's just the odd one or two people that have a undying hatred of skill maps that rtv.

I never got past cucumber.

Then again, I can't surf so my opinion is invalid. :gmod:

REMOVAL LIST:

Agreed with Dusty. Though I normally hate skill surf maps and never play them, maybe because I havent bothered to learn them, but still this(vegetables) map is fun.

At the beginning, I couldnt pass some stages at all, now I get through them at first try.

I've changed my opinion about "no skill maps to the server". Its good to have 1 or 2 skill maps, so people occasionally play/learn them.

But the other skill map sucks arse(surf_omnibus?).

Edited by Nobana

REMOVAL LIST:

xD i dont really like that map either.. i think its just booring. I always get to jallapeno and then im stuck.. then i have to wait for the timer to end and get 1 short fight aaannd then you start again and at jallapeno im stuck D:

REMOVAL LIST:

xD i dont really like that map either.. i think its just booring. I always get to jallapeno and then im stuck.. then i have to wait for the timer to end and get 1 short fight aaannd then you start again and at jallapeno im stuck D:

Yeah me too :D, thats why i actully want to be removed. when u die/dont come further u have to wait like 10/12 minutes

but its also a surf map for pro's so i get the people who want the challenge.

• 3 months later...

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/65419

Although quite small, it looks like a fairly good map to play and seems rather fair. it's worth adding

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/7693

A short, slow map. You need some skill to get to the end and then there is an "arena" for a small battle. Not sure if it's server material but it's worth looking into.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/90435

Very fun :D Although, it's in full bright and it kinda hurts the eyes.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/57492

A great arena map, still need to surf which is fun also. Would be great on the server.

• 1 month later...

Three maps added, Bastinator helped me test the buck maps, we came to the conclusion that they're pretty neat. Would be good if you added, been a while since last refresh.

People seem to enjoy all maps, even though I've been quite inactive, so maybe someone knows if some map sucks?

I couldn't play for like 6 months if im right... when i got back at Mr. Green server... i was suprised that the old maps that are the best are all gone... :(

I would like to see those old maps back.... i don't know how those maps are called, but i know that one of them is surf_melons...

Hope you can add them back...

Greetz Conjo

• 1 month later...

A really nice map you've got there Dese.

I really like the spawn area - it's rather unconventional and the weapon choices give a lot of variety.

The other part of the map is also pretty good as it has something for everbody : newer players can stay at the jail area and use cover while better players will have nice dogfights on the many rails.

I also like that the map sends you to jail easily but lets you get out of it easily as well.

Spawn- and Telecamping are also not supported which is another plus.

seal-of-approval.jpg