Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft discussion

Clavus

I'll give a short summary of the planned 'rules' for the next world:

* Only build within settlements

* Only an admin can found a new settlement (by placing a sign with "Settlement - <name of settlement> - Founded by - <admin name>")

* Every building needs to be within a 6 block radius of another building (I won't be going around making sure it's strictly followed, but it's to make sure people build near each other)

* Buildings no higher than 15 blocks / no huge builds in general

* Focus on building lots of smaller houses and public places

* Large mines are public

We won't be building larger structures (castles / churches) until later on, and with an admin around.

I hate the waiting game.

SO who wants to start a village with me with a public mine,library, bakery, etc?

i already have a server running you could join ours/mine (BouweV and another player)

we just had a server restart so to any one who's reading this add me on steam(because the server is on my PC and i don't have it running all the time)

and message me for the ip address.

awwwww i didnt even get a chance to build my castle D: I was planning on having my own small island aswell... thats a let down

It's people like you that ruins it for everyone by taking all the good spots.

I spy Irony. If he didn't take the good spots and instead you took them, surely it'd just be the same scenario?

Notch just updated MC with several fixes, causing SimpleServer to completely break again because of protocol changes. They're pretty quick with updating though so maybe tonight...

Can't wait for official mod support (which Notch said is the first big thing they'll be adding in the beta).

Notch just updated MC with several fixes, causing SimpleServer to completely break again because of protocol changes. They're pretty quick with updating though so maybe tonight...

Can't wait for official mod support (which Notch said is the first big thing they'll be adding in the beta).

Should have been added LONG ago :/

world6-map5-flipped-daynight.png

Loving the new ruleset so far. Everything is much more managed and fun. Plus the fact that people could only join right after restarting the server made sure only a handful of people were walking around at the same time (+1 for community only server :V). We had actual challenges too, since we needed to keep creepers out of the town (lot of people didn't handle them properly). That wall we build was out of necessity!

I'll start the server again tomorrow afternoon. Specific times will be announced.