Mr. Green Gaming

Juggernaut gone mad (ban spree)

Ruff

1. Ruff

2. 25/10/2010

3. Juggernaut

4. The first time he banned me, I typed "Nigger is a word in the dictionary". The second time he banned me, I said "You know how they say "respect admins at all times?" I'm really failing hard at that right now."

5. First of all, Juggernaut got pissed at me for saying the word "nigger" which indeed is just another word in the dictionary. If we would live by his rules, you should also ban people who say "white people", "asian" or even "nazi". God damn ridiculous, if you ask me. The word "nigger" is not banned in any single country as far as I know. And I didn't even use it in any way to make fun of anyone, I just stated a fact.

Secondly, after he banned me a long chat followed, after which he decided to unban me (which he shouldn't have done in the first place). And after my wise words, I for one, did not even say anything directly to him and it was definitely not something worth a ban.

(Extra note: Before me, Palo had already been banned. After he banned me, he also banned 2 more people, making it a ban spree)

I say provoke his status because this is not how an admin acts.

Well, even tho The N word is pretty much offensive to black people. Even tho it isn't banned in your country doesnt mean that everyone you play with is from your country, And might get offended :P Think about your Surroundings.

Edited by Sneed
:) You are the one that is pissed. You saw that I temp banned Palo for the N word and you decided to use it right when I went to talk to Palo about it on IRC. So you got the same. Now I talked to both of you on IRC about this and agreed to remove the temp ban. You continued to be an ass in game so you got your temp ban back.

:) You are the one that is pissed. You saw that I temp banned Palo for the N word and you decided to use it right when I went to talk to Palo about it on IRC. So you got the same. Now I talked to both of you on IRC about this and agreed to remove the temp ban. You continued to be an ass in game so you got your temp ban back.

Read it.

Read it.

Is it really worth a ban?

The first case, mute maybe.

The second case - a kick followed by a mute?

Read it.

Is it really worth a ban?

The first case, mute maybe.

The second case - a kick followed by a mute?

Jesus christ, read the post already

Edited by VMR

Jesus christ, read the post already

I can not see where you're going with this. I can read, that's why I'm saying it's ridiculous. It was an indirect and soft insult. I can not yet see the reason for a ban, even if it's temp.

I also got banned by JuggerNaut for saying the N-word (a while back).

It was not even used as an insult, I was just singing a rap song, written by black people even.

I also never knew I could get banned for it, since a lot of Spanish people have called me Stupid Fucking Gay N00b Nigger etc. in the past. So if he finds it bannable, that's okay with me (although he should warn before).

Edited by BlueYoshi97

The word "nigger" is not banned in any single country as far as I know.

I dont know where you live, but i really doubt you return alive if u went to the bronks or the queens and say "NIGGER" and wait. I sincerely doubt that you would come from that alive. That is a stupid word which shouldnt be on the dictionary because its just racial. Dunno what happend so u to be banned. But i dont doubt any single act from juggernaut, he is a wise admin with responsability.

I shouldn't post here as I'm not involved but, well.

"Saying the N word is an attempt to the dignity of the other(s)".

It's like if you were insulting a guy in a very harsh way, and the anti-racism associations are actually fighting to get some equality and kill racism, and whether you live in China, Bielorussia, Groenland or Zimbabwe you have to follow the server's rules, if you say the N word you're out of the rules.

Even if it's in 987600 dictionnaries it's a not-to-use word.

I let you enjoy my useless intelligent post, time to sleep.

I know it has been solved already but I just want to point this out. The word "nigger" is indeed in the dictionary. Let's see what the dictionary says:

–noun

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive .

a.

a black person.

b.

a member of any dark-skinned people.

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive . a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.

You win, it's in the dictionary.

But the part you didn't read properly was:

Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive .

This is where Juggernaut wins. As you can clearly see, the word "nigger" is described as EXTREMELY disparaging and offensive.

I never heard the excuse "It's in the dictionary so it's okay to say" before, but I can assure you it is absolutely not true.

Anyway, Juggernaut and you apparantly resolved it, so you're off the hook. I hope it won't happen again. If it does, you know the concequences.

EDIT:

Just re-read the OP, and I just couldn't let this go

5. First of all, Juggernaut got pissed at me for saying the word "nigger" which indeed is just another word in the dictionary. If we would live by his rules, you should also ban people who say "white people", "asian" or even "nazi".

No. "White people" is far from racist, just like the term "Black people". Same goes for "Asian". "Asian" is perfectly acceptable, just like "African American". I don't know why you added "Nazi" to the list, because "Nazi" is not a race.