Mr. Green Gaming

Ghost Mode Transparency?

That hasn't to do with the transparency though. It's just too many vehiclles & actors (player) to render for your PC. It can't handle it properly.

In short: Get a better PC or lower graphics settings

With all due respect, I didn't ask whether my PC needed upgrading, I asked if there was any way to turn of the unnecessary alpha transparency.

Edit: I mean client side, not server side of course.

Edit 2: ^^^^ Fair enough, but surely there's an argument to have it as an optional thing - so individual players can switch it on or off.

Edited by mr.dogshit

Sorry, just realised the tone of my reply wasn't exactly polite. lol

What I meant to say was: yes, my PC is crap but just wondered if there was a command to switch off this effect... but unfortunately not it seems :)

and yeah, I already run it on 800x600x16 (tried it on 640x480 but it was like watching lego lol), PLUS the San Andreas Performance tool (switches off dynamic shadows, etc). :/

That hasn't to do with the transparency though. It's just too many vehiclles & actors (player) to render for your PC. It can't handle it properly.

Are you sure that is it? I'm using a Radeon HD5770 and my frames also drop when there are many players on screen at the same time. I think it's a CPU issue, I'm using an old Athlon 4400 x2 in my system and it seems that the bottleneck lies there.

Are you sure that is it? I'm using a Radeon HD5770 and my frames also drop when there are many players on screen at the same time. I think it's a CPU issue, I'm using an old Athlon 4400 x2 in my system and it seems that the bottleneck lies there.

As usual it's a combination of both. And a 4400 X2 is kinda old yes and relatively slow.