Mr. Green Gaming

Ghost Mode - CP5 clusterf*cks!

I often find myself frustrated and shouting at the screen when GM turns off on CP5 on a map where it causes a clusterfuck... usually on races where it is flat out, with no obstacles or difficult corners, between the start and CP5... AND THEN on CP5 there's a jump, or the road goes into 1 lane!

I've been told (forgot who by) that "if you're good enough you can avoid the clusterfuck" - but that is nonsense most of the time! and for the most part, these races could be so much better if the GM mode switched off on a more suitable CP.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement a simple system whereby players could suggest an alternative CP for GM to turn off. Something like...

/gmvote 8

where the script would grab the map_name, player_name, current GM CP and suggested GM CP. I don't think you'd even need to advertise it in the server, you could just let forum people know about it to cut down on noobs clogging the system with "/gmvote 100 lol"

Sure, I've seen Bin change a few while we play, but he's not always on the server, etc... and after some time I'm sure certain peoples suggestions would become more trusted and therefore easier to decide whether to change.

So um yeah, that's my idea, what do you think?

Since you created this topic, suggest here on what maps you would want the GM Checkpoint to change.

I may be able to help you then.

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head tbh :/ but isn't that part of the problem? I doubt most players would be able to either.

Surely a simple in game command, similar to /rate, to flag maps in need of a change would be more efficient and effective than having to remember the map, wait til you're finish playing, quit MTA, open your web browser, come here, find the right thread and post a request?

Some maps have a stupid cp5, a straight line with 5 cps for example

Exactly!

I'm not gonna script a command for you just because you're too lazy to type here..

Want any map's gm checkpoint changed? Post here... If not, veni, vidi, vici

Yeah, why on earth would you want to do something that would improve lots of maps for the benefit of ALL players as opposed to leaving it as it is which only benefits experienced players with fast PCs?

If anyone is lazy, it's you - although personally, I wouldn't put it down to laziness, more you being a childishly narcissistic prick! :)

As for "veni, vidi, vici" - lolwut!? i don't think you know what that means, look it up you bell-end.

I'm not gonna script a command for you just because you're too lazy to type here..

Yeah, why on earth would you want to do something that would improve lots of maps for the benefit of ALL players as opposed to leaving it as it is which only benefits experienced players with fast PCs?

If anyone is lazy, it's you - although personally, I wouldn't put it down to laziness, more you being a childishly narcissistic prick! :)

As for "veni, vidi, vici" - lolwut!? i don't think you know what that means, look it up you bell-end.

Fine. I was willing to help you with your problems(ghostmode checkpoint requests), but now I will just ignore you.

It's easy for me.. You want something from me, I don't want anything from you.

Have a good life.

Edited by BinSlayer

Cookies?

C'mon both of you are grown up, don't act like that. Now as I said, you can tell here what maps would prolly need a better gmoff cp. As for that suggestion, maybe yes but i think there is a command which allows you to PM an admin to IRC from ingame. I don't think the idea is bad but its also true you can post them here while that option isnt avaiable (if ever).

If you too don't get along thats fine, Bin isnt the only admin, you have Cookie, Yoshi, SDK (scripter) and Ywa (Scripter) so you can ask them about it as well. You should post your suggestion on the "Green Coin Tournament" post since that thread has become a suggestion topic and then ask what other admins think.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Merry Xmas both

Cookies?

C'mon both of you are grown up, don't act like that. Now as I said, you can tell here what maps would prolly need a better gmoff cp. As for that suggestion, maybe yes but i think there is a command which allows you to PM an admin to IRC from ingame. I don't think the idea is bad but its also true you can post them here while that option isnt avaiable (if ever).

If you too don't get along thats fine, Bin isnt the only admin, you have Cookie, Yoshi, SDK (scripter) and Ywa (Scripter) so you can ask them about it as well. You should post your suggestion on the "Green Coin Tournament" post since that thread has become a suggestion topic and then ask what other admins think.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Merry Xmas both

Cookies :> .

I don't mind clusterfucks, some people are lucky, some people aren't, I got over that a long time ago :yeah:

Fine. I was willing to help you with your problems(ghostmode checkpoint requests), but now I will just ignore you.

It's easy for me.. You want something from me, I don't want anything from you.

Have a good life.

Seriously, what is this obsession you have with this being something "I" want?

This is something the server needs, not me. And the fact that I've seen you change a few GM CPs in game shows that you actually agree with me... but like all bad admin/mods, you put your own pride and importance above that of the needs of the server.

Well done you.

err4.gif

I often find myself frustrated and shouting at the screen when GM turns off on CP5 on a map where it causes a clusterfuck... usually on races where it is flat out, with no obstacles or difficult corners, between the start and CP5... AND THEN on CP5 there's a jump, or the road goes into 1 lane!

I've been told (forgot who by) that "if you're good enough you can avoid the clusterfuck" - but that is nonsense most of the time! and for the most part, these races could be so much better if the GM mode switched off on a more suitable CP.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement a simple system whereby players could suggest an alternative CP for GM to turn off. Something like...

/gmvote 8

where the script would grab the map_name, player_name, current GM CP and suggested GM CP. I don't think you'd even need to advertise it in the server, you could just let forum people know about it to cut down on noobs clogging the system with "/gmvote 100 lol"

Sure, I've seen Bin change a few while we play, but he's not always on the server, etc... and after some time I'm sure certain peoples suggestions would become more trusted and therefore easier to decide whether to change.

So um yeah, that's my idea, what do you think?

1276207055271.jpg

okay...... this thread seems lovely so i'll just post a wild suggestion!:meh:

the entire server gets deghostmoded @ cp 5 , now this is in some maps a clusterfuck i agree. HOW ever if i have to choose between no ghost mode and ghost mode I would choose for no ghost mode..... BUT this thread isnt about that so..... my idea is to set ghost mode in stages now i don't know if this can be done or not so our lovely intelligent scripters need to have a look a this. any ways the server can have up to 40 people so instead of all losing gm at cp 5 why not devide it by 4 so you'll have 10 players losing their gm at a time. @ cp 2 @ cp3 @cp4 and ofcourse at the infamous cp 5. now the amount of players inst always 40 so it must be looked into how many ppl will lose it at a time....

:meh:

Edited by terminator

it's possible but it's a step back for us and gm is actually not a big problem as you think

most of the time if i'm racing seriously, I lose you guys by the 5th CP

Don't make us laugh, you may be a capable racer Bin, but on your way to the first posistion, don't be surprised if u have an "accident" waiting for ya ;) Jokes aside, I think that ghost mode enables a lot of noobs getting into a position where they aren't supposed to be. In the old days I used to take pride in getting out of the initial clusterfuck and joining the top racers at the top positions at the first ten seconds of the race, leaving the noobs behind.

it's possible but it's a step back for us and gm is actually not a big problem as you think

most of the time if i'm racing seriously, I lose you guys by the 5th CP

Don't make us laugh, you may be a capable racer Bin, but on your way to the the first posistion, don't be surprised if u have an "accident" waiting for ya ;) Jokes aside, I think that ghost mode enables a lot of noobs getting into a position where they aren't supposed to be. In the old days I used to take pride in getting out of the initial clusterfuck and joining the top racers at the top positions at the first ten seconds of the race, leaving the noobs behind.

Edited by Accident