⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Constant "Memory cannot be written" error?

So, not to be able to play in my very favourite Arena server for like weeks is quite irritating, trying to find other "good" One is plain impossible.

Anyways, I've been asking about this issue from some people, but they didn't really help it out.

So, I'm getting constant "Memory cannot be written" error every single time i'm in Arena server, (Note, KOTH/Payload doesn't kick me so early but after maybe 1-2 hour, besides there's alot more action in there than in Arena, so it can't be my computer not to be able to handle. Also, whyddya it start NOW instead of the very first times I was playing in Arena?)

I've played on Lokalen servers and they seem not to like it either. Trying out few random servers and all that stuff, works fine.

Yes, I have done everything I can, Verified cache files, Defragged my both discs/TF2, Having latest directx, updating my drivers, closing every single background application, re-installing, removing blob.dll, etc etc.

I've started to overclock my computer by rough 10% And it seems that it has been running alot better, but it still keeps crashing on these servers.

Then I decided to go to the default settings, still crashing. Now I'm quite much still overclocking it due the slowness it gave me in the default settings.

Changed my memory blocks places few times, it ran faster, gave me a rough 20+ fps boost but still keeps crashing.

I have a 3074MB Ram. Which should be enough.

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4830 (Getting a 5770)

I've supported these forums and I want to get the support out of it. I'm not gonna hang in the air and wait 'till I give up?

Besides, I've wandered from server to server, NONE are able to fill it out. These servers are the ones I like to be in, would never leave 'em, unless I must.

So instead of going all "Hurr its your computer, if it would be our addons other people wouldn't be able to play either"

It doesn't work like that. Besides the shop system is bullshit and it sells power, I dislike it, it's like premium account, not as bad, but still. Espically the Ubercharge+/Spy cloak recharge. (and crits)

(Also note, I had "Memory cannot be read" error as well before)

Edited by Lemon!

memory cannot be written seems like there is an issue with tf2 not being able to write in the memory anymore.

Is there still enough room on your hard disk where steam is on? If there is enough try elevating your virtual memory a bit and see if that makes a difference, maybe that is the problem although it should specify that it's virtual memory.

Did you do anything (think settings and memory) since the last time the game had no problems?

is it read or written? try running it all as administrator.

Edited by TheGreenGrasshopper

memory cannot be written seems like there is an issue with tf2 not being able to write in the memory anymore.

Is there still enough room on your hard disk where steam is on? If there is enough try elevating your virtual memory a bit and see if that makes a difference, maybe that is the problem although it should specify that it's virtual memory.

Did you do anything (think settings and memory) since the last time the game had no problems?

is it read or written? try running it all as administrator.

Yes, I still have rough 134GB (HUUGE CLEAN) space which should be enough, no?

It's already ran as adminstrator.

How can it be my Ram, no other servers/games are doing this.

Still written.

No, I haven't done anything since the last time, it just popped up.

Edited by Lemon!

Could be, but the addons have been around for quiet some time now. Although the shop items have changed recently but that's clavus part so I can't say anything about that.

...And I've had this issue recently.

Edit; Whenever I lose my connection to steam, I'm able to play.

Sohh, re-installing steam.

Yep, works.

Edited by Lemon!