Mr. Green Gaming

mr.dogshit's Maps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Your script is bugged, most of the time the vehicle doesn't change. Especially when the players are supposed to turn into boats and they stay cars.

That's just objective of me.

Now on the subjective side, pretty shitty of you to try to rip off my map :/ (even the name of the map)

Anyway, the map can still be uploaded if it gets fixed.

Your script is bugged, most of the time the vehicle doesn't change. Especially when the players are supposed to turn into boats and they stay cars.

Now on the subjective side, pretty shitty of you to try to rip off my map :/ (even the name of the map)

I specifically tested it many times and tweaked the vehicle change markers so that they were the same size as the race CPs (again, specifically because I recognised that there was a difference in size - I worked out the markers needed to be 4 sizes bigger), I can only imagine that for some reason the CPs are larger on the server than they are when being tested locally - but I can't know for sure because by the sounds of things you uploaded the map and then took it off the server without giving me a chance to see it working. :(

As for you saying I ripped off your map! lolwut!? are you saying you're the only person allowed to use the random vehicle script?! and anyway i wasn't trying to rip it off, if anything i meant it's a homage to yours because like most people i love it and want to see more maps like it!... "Imitation is a form of admiration". On a personal note, don't be so precious ffs... I mean I could understand if I had totally ripped off your script line for line somehow, or made an almost identical map and uploaded it to another server... but no... seriously, WTF!?

I specifically tested it many times and tweaked the vehicle change markers so that they were the same size as the race CPs (again, specifically because I recognised that there was a difference in size - I worked out the markers needed to be 4 sizes bigger), I can only imagine that for some reason the CPs are larger on the server than they are when being tested locally - but I can't know for sure because by the sounds of things you uploaded the map and then took it off the server without giving me a chance to see it working. :(

About the checkpoints, I've had experiences too with checkpoint-sizes being changed in the server. My original Mona Pizza map had smaller checkpoints, so you would have to go near the doors to 'deliver the pizza'. In the server, the checkpoints just turned so big, people didn't even need to drive in the gardens anymore.

Edited by BlueYoshi97

About the checkpoints, I've had experiences too with checkpoint-sizes being changed in the server. My original Mona Pizza map had smaller checkpoints, so you would have to go near the doors to 'deliver the pizza'. In the server, the checkpoints just turned so big, people didn't even need to drive in the gardens anymore.

Yeah, that happened to my map Monster Mayhem, the CPs turned HUGE!... but not Move! Is there anything specifically that causes it, any fix for it? (I've tried googling for an answer... but cant find anything).

BTW, did you play this map (Never The Same Again)? if so how wide were the first few CPs? (they should have been the default 2.25 size)

EDIT: I found this fix for the huge CP issue

http://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?p=325752&sid=2d691ba9a8e1b282cbcc8ac399cdc476#p325752

But that doesn't seem to be a problem with this map. :/

Edited by mr.dogshit