Mr. Green Gaming

Possible Goodbye Mr. Green?

Dear Mr. Green Community.

I'm assuming everyone knows me. If they don't, my name is Johnathan Pewtershmitz.

As of 28/02/2009 I discovered that I might be VAC banned. Reason? Using a Voice Changer program to sound like a 11 year old (for fun).

Now, It's likely that I'll get VAC banned. Who knows? Maybe I won't.

If I do get banned.. I won't be able to enter on Mr. Green, still I'll be on the forums with you guys. Being your companion..

Since I might be banned for such a stupid thing, I might aswell call people to reason. Do not use voice changer programs. If you do, you'll probably end up like me. Either Banned or not.

I doubt people will miss me on Mr. Green since I wasn't 'famous', but I hope my ban serves as a warning to others who are thinking of using a program to change their voice. Don't! Dor your accounts sake!

Well. Guess that's about it. I'll say If I'm banned or not in a nearby future. (since I'm still in Good standing according to steam)

Wish me luck.

A guy got banned for the same reason.

He got banned for using the same program.

You can't be sure about that. They never give a reason with VAC bans. Also, it takes a few weeks for VAC bans to go in effect.

Plus, what game were you playing when using the program? If you were banned in a Valve game the ban won't have any effect on GMod multiplayer.

What the heck, I've had friends who have used voice changers over CS:S and other multiplayer games over Steam, and their VAC status is still intact. :S

Right. So you don't really have to be worried.

Plus, if only used in CSS, it won't automatically affect all Source games, just all Valve games, which Garry's Mod isn't part off.

Plus, if only used in CSS, it won't automatically affect all Source games, just all Valve games, which Garry's Mod isn't part off.

It does affect all Source gamers. As long as the server got VAC enabled. And most GMod servers got that enabled too.

My little brothers can still use RatMan's old VAC banned account to play on the ZS server, or any GMod server for that matter.