Mr. Green Gaming

Sniper vs. Sniper gamemode

I know I shouldn't be doing this, seeing the things that are still on my to-do list. But I find this idea too awesome to pass.

A Sniper vs. Sniper gamemode. More like Snipers vs. Snipers actually because it should be more fun with more players.

Features I had in mind:

• Active hunting gamemode, players can jump in at any time. Mostly because I hate waiting for another round.
  • The longer a player stays alive, the higher the 'bounty' on his head will become, giving more points to the player that kills him
  • Large, open yet not too open map (like de_port)
  • Thermo-optical camouflage, barely visible for the human eye.
  • Cyberneticly enhanced players. They have a certain power output, just enough to maintain constant camouflage, but as soon as they route the power to steadying their rifle their camouflage might fail.
  • Ability to route power to muscles allowing fast movement and jumping
  • Very informative HUD, making locations light up when another player fires a unsilenced rifle (this should encourage players to move a.s.a.p after firing
  • Range of different rifles, each having their own merits and demerits
  • Ammo drops, satellite tracking, and all kinds of things to lure snipers out of hiding and to keep them on the move
  • Cash / intel drops that happen now and then. "Possible" locations are marked on the players HUD, but only one location is correct. If you're the first one to find it, are you going to pick it up, or make an ambush for other players?
  • Players that kill a lot without dieing themselves gain extra bounty on their heads.

The feeling I want to create in this gamemode is one of someone that's constantly hunting and being hunted. You take a shot, trying to kill another player and gain his bounty, but also knowing you'll betray your position to other snipers.

Moar ideas:

4-10-2009:

• When the player dies, add some fancy effects like keep displaying the HUD, and show some 'cracks' in his display. Like in FEAR 2.
  • After death, fade screen to black and show some details of your death (by whom and from what distance you were killed, helps tracking his opponent without giving away the position) while a respawn counter counts down.
  • In order to 'capture' intel, you need to be in close proximity to it. You stay invisible. Other see some effects at the intel (colour change / particle effects) when it's being captured, so they know they have to act.
  • Player bounty should be build up so that people killing each other just for the GC gain nothing. Like that the bounty on your head only increases if the player you killed also had a bounty.
  • Attempt to 'visualize' sound some way. Like a vision mode that shows sound.

This is a good idea for gamemode, but what about Infected Wars? I wish you good luck with this one. (and if you start making the gamemode, make sure the player needs more than aiming skill to kill the opponent ...)

Infected Wars is done and over for me. I'm off to new projects ;)

This is a good idea for gamemode, but what about Infected Wars? I wish you good luck with this one. (and if you start making the gamemode, make sure the player needs more than aiming skill to kill the opponent ...)

Btw Clavus I dont know if you know but they done a feature on Infected wars in PC Gamer here in the U.K? Not sure if somehow its not to do with you, but thought just in case you didnt catch it. It was in Decembers Issue -

post-75-1236008890_thumb.png

It even says on the Front cover in the list of features - Zombies With Guns

Btw Clavus I dont know if you know but they done a feature on Infected wars in PC Gamer here in the U.K? Not sure if somehow its not to do with you, but thought just in case you didnt catch it. It was in Decembers Issue -

Oh wow. It certainly looks like Infected Wars.

Oh wow. It certainly looks like Infected Wars.

HOLY SHIT

Ha sorry I didnt post this earlier guys, I guess I just either assumed A. You already all knew or B. It somehow wasnt to do with you maybe! :S

I cant read the usernames, maybe my eyes are real bad- Whos is it ?

Anyhow, heres the front cover I was talking about too... Its small but still I think its pretty awesome your on there.

post-75-1236011937_thumb.jpg

post-75-1236011982_thumb.jpg

Issue 194

Your lucky, I lost this magazine for a while too as I was trying to find it to ask someone here about the article! Just found it today.

WHAT THE FUCK @_@

I TAKE BACK THESE WORDS, INFECTED WARS IS COMING BACK!

Il send it to you clavus, seriously I dont mind. Im not going to use it :) It prob mean more to ya anyhow! I dont know how I would get it to you tho :S

I'll find my own copy somehow, thanks for the offer though :)

Hooray, that means we're getting infected wars server :D ?

Yep. I'll probably regret it once I'm clashing head-on with the crash bug again :V

WHAT THE FUCK @_@

I TAKE BACK THESE WORDS, INFECTED WARS IS COMING BACK!

OMG LOL!!!

:yay:

I mean ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the sniper idea :) .

/me ignores all other posts

same! sounds like it could be intense. sorry to steal its thunder with the magazine!

What? You replaced my little spark with a nuclear EMP blast! :V

Think I'll keep the sniper gamemode idea in the back of my head, it has a lot of potential.

sniper idea sounds good,

although in my mind with the camo and the transferring energy from camo to say jumping ability

it sounds a wee bit like what crysis did

but thats just my thought...

Guess I can't let go of the suit powers idea :P

Nah the sniper gamemode idea will be awesome. With almost every player in camouflage, it'll be a really though job to snipe someone, and eventually sniping will expose yourself.

offtopic: Cool infected wars in a big magazine. Would like to see it again on a server, i like zs more but this was promising to :)

ontopic: i like the idea of hunting and being hunted at the same time. You could also add a knife for the moments you come very close to each other and do a knife battle. ;)