Mr. Green Gaming

zs_destroyedbasin

No offense, but it looks like basin of crap. Also, since you're mapping for ZS, I suggest using Garry's Mod and not Counter Strike Source. Makes sense...

PS: If you really want a map on the server, it must impress me... (even the idea!)

Impressing you is impossible

i impressed him several times? :V

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. And how then zs_hospital got in maplist?

It hasnt got mostly all of the 'mapping regulars'!

Its rooms and sizes are impossible!

And that goes not just to zs_hospital. There are some more maps I'd like to cross out.

From time to time, sacrifices have to be made to ensure the continuity of the mapcycle...

Just tell me what should I do, and not WHAT IS BAD IN MY MAP.

Look at Left4Dead (2) maps ...

Edited by Deluvas

Well. And how then zs_hospital got in maplist?

It hasnt got mostly all of the 'mapping regulars'!

Its rooms and sizes are impossible!

And that goes not just to zs_hospital. There are some more maps I'd like to cross out.

From time to time, sacrifices have to be made to ensure the continuity of the mapcycle...

Just tell me what should I do, and not WHAT IS BAD IN MY MAP.

Look at Left4Dead (2) maps ...

They dont have any basin maps. Also that they are too opened.

I want to hear YOUR offense on this.

I dont need to copy other ideas.

You sound aggro, bro.

But no, rly. There really are forgotten buildings full of plants like that, but here I want to make a basin example.

...ok.

So here are the plans for what will I add to the map:

-Parking station outside;

-A road that will follow to the Hall of the basin (will be done on windowes side).

-Change lightning (I want to give it a lower brightness first)

-Continue till the dressing room, and then the hall.

Maybe in this case the design problems will disappear.

So this was some kind of the thing I had in my mind, but I wanted to do it's roof heigher. Also I see whats the problem with the pool itself.

That road going down, like I made in my map really makes it look odd.

Gonna work on it a bit.

So what I want to do is some kind of mini swimming pool that has a view of big swimming pools.

And then the main stuff you can usually find in big ones (e.g. The dressing room, hall, etc.)

Oh and probably I wanted to make a concrete type of floor, not like here.

post-126-129689805906.jpg

Edited by Mr. Darkness

tip: in the pics he changed the lightning only for now :V

i gave him the latest file, which I didnt compile yet :V

Also, wanna note the updates to my map: added 2 dressing rooms (thanks pufulet for not showing them yet :3). They are under construction.

Edit: Deluvas @ not really. I saw a smaller swimming pool in size. I will take a few photos later on. The swimming pool was 25 meters long.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Also, wanna note the updates to my map: added 2 dressing rooms (thanks pufulet for not showing them yet :3). They are under construction.

Edit: Deluvas @ not really. I saw a smaller swimming pool in size. I will take a few photos later on. The swimming pool was 25 meters long.

also, the destroyed wall looks really triangle-ish and horrible and non realistic :Z

I might do that next

Edited by Pufulet

also, the destroyed wall looks really triangle-ish and horrible and non realistic :Z

I might do that next

I know :V

I wanted to give it a form, but was a bit too lazy.

Either use 2 env_sprites or 2 point_spotlights. One env_sprite looks unnatural on TL-lights. Also, darkness =/= atmosphere. Light the place up.

Better spotlight. It is more dynamic.

About darkness. I just thought the map should have dark lights, because the place is destroyed, OR a few working lights with flicker effect.

DURRR FLICKER EFFECT

You have no idea how annoying those things are, they make me go crazy. Maps should be lit up properly, so that players can actually see. The map isn't good if players have to up their brightness just to see the zombies properly. Also, dark lights are good, if they are used correctly and in the correct amount.

Edited by Botervloot

Either use 2 env_sprites or 2 point_spotlights. One env_sprite looks unnatural on TL-lights. Also, darkness =/= atmosphere. Light the place up.

About darkness. I just thought the map should have dark lights, because the place is destroyed, OR a few working lights with flicker effect.

DURRR FLICKER EFFECT

You have no idea how annoying those things are, they make me go crazy. Maps should be lit up properly, so that players can actually see. The map isn't good if players have to up their brightness just to see the zombies properly. Also, dark lights are good, if they are used correctly and in the correct amount.

Oh wait. I used flicker in the shoeer only :V

I have 3 lights in swimming pool. They are on brightness of 50.

DURRR FLICKER EFFECT

i have changes those 3 lights to light_spot with a sprite and func_dustmote. I can make them a bit more brighter and give them point_spotlight aswell

DURRR FLICKER EFFECT

i have changes those 3 lights to light_spot with a sprite and func_dustmote. I can make them a bit more brighter and give them point_spotlight aswell

Great idea about the dustmotes like in your map. Cant wait to see my map and keep working on it :D

• 4 weeks later...

Could be a good map.

One thing I think is that the textures used on the metal bars/ beams in the roof don't look very good :/

Yeah, I know. I thought it should be supports, or really like zs_swimmingpool has. But I have my imagination. I was once swimming in a very old swimming pool and it looked pretty much like that one... (But it looked better actually :S)

Thanks for reviving my topic btw. I was thinking on working on thisd map but forgot the file at home, i. e. I am at grandpa's house.

Could be a good map.

One thing I think is that the textures used on the metal bars/ beams in the roof don't look very good :/

Yeah, I know. I thought it should be supports, or really like zs_swimmingpool has. But I have my imagination. I was once swimming in a very old swimming pool and it looked pretty much like that one... (But it looked better actually :S)

Thanks for reviving my topic btw. I was thinking on working on thisd map but forgot the file at home, i. e. I am at grandpa's house.

dont forget I need the zs_glacier back anytime this week

I don't like the supports in swimming pool. They are to 'industrial looking' and raw for the other textures used in the map. Should have been a plastic or something.

Ok.

So I added something more to the map. The basin has darker lights, but has some sort of a place where swimmers rest. Its lighted up as you can see. Also i fixed the clouds in shower not appearing.

Added 2 dressing rooms with mirrors (lags a bit).

Made a hole in a roof (didnt make a screenshot yet).

Gonna work on it some more later on.

Pics:

post-126-129992821175_thumb.jpg

post-126-129992821817_thumb.jpg

post-126-129992822826_thumb.jpg

post-126-129992823555_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Darkness