Mr. Green Gaming

zs_destroyedbasin

Hi again guys.

I was bored so decided to stard a new map. I called it zs_destroyed basin. The game is in destroyable building, which was a basin before. It's full of holes, where plants took control of. I was planning to cal Pufulet to help me with zombie spawn design (not currently showing it, there is nothing to show actually for now).

So the phrase for this map is: "Watch out! Its falling on us!"

Things to be done:

-Change lightning

-Add env_cubemaps

-Fix the leak (Water, you see? its water.)

-Add env_soundscapes

-Do some more rooms&corridors for the map (E.g. Restrooms, Hall, outdoor)

And some more stuff. The first thing I need to fix - is the leak.

Hope you like the first results.

Edit: Fixed.

post-126-129666932071_thumb.jpg

post-126-129666933066_thumb.jpg

post-126-129666982317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Darkness
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but it looks like basin of crap. Also, since you're mapping for ZS, I suggest using Garry's Mod and not Counter Strike Source. Makes sense...

PS: If you really want a map on the server, it must impress me... (even the idea!)

Edited by Deluvas

I know it looks like basin of crap xD

I was planning to change it after. But who knows. Maybe it was built for crap? :V

Note: I use css, cuz my gmod loads for damn long time. So I firstly look at it in CSS version.

PS: If you really want a map on the server, it must impress me... (even the idea!)

NOU

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Come on, we got maps like Pub on the server.

^this

Why did you apply those? There are alot of maps like crap.

Well. Ill continue with my map anyway tomorrow. Maybe ill even change the basin itself.

But first I'm gonna do the whole geometry.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Ok. So I edited it now. I fixed the leak. (The map had holes everywhere!)

I added some effects. There is 1 secret thing to get up on supports. (But i require to stay on your place instead, you can fall! The supports are old!)

Fixed:

-The leak;

-Some properties of the falling blocks of wall;

-Deleted microbrushes (those shits are annoying when using clipping tool);

-Lights corrected a bit.

To be done and added:

-Soundscapes for the atmosphere;

-Rainy atmosphere;

-More Mr. Darkness' special effects :D;

-Make more parts of the supports to able them fall;

-More locations (For now only outside (basin), Inside (basin), and shower done;

-Ask Pufulet to help me with zombie spawn :3 (pic #5)

Now the pics: (And again, I prefer using Css first and only then compile it to Gmod)

Note: I didn't use noclip.

post-126-129673465802_thumb.jpg

post-126-129673470238_thumb.jpg

post-126-129673470853_thumb.jpg

post-126-12967347426_thumb.jpg

post-126-129673474964_thumb.jpg

post-126-129673475561_thumb.jpg

well once ur done with it I can have a look at the vmf if you want :D

OK :)

I will give it to you tomorrow maybe. But not sure about the time. Because I am going on lessons for GIA (google it if you dont know what is it).

Btw.

Was lazy to do some easy stuff. I have just done 1 more room which goes to men and women dress rooms.

Holy @ Pufu aint stealing maps. I know him too well :)

As i aint stealin anyone's other maps. (btw, i helped alot of people, when they were giving me their maps)

Edit: [attentionwhore]I got some problems with marks. My mom wants to disconnect me from Internet until I will correct them.[/attentionwhore]

Edited by Mr. Darkness

No offense, but it looks like basin of crap. Also, since you're mapping for ZS, I suggest using Garry's Mod and not Counter Strike Source. Makes sense...

Impressing you is impossible

Ha

- Sizes differ a lot in every environment. Make sure the sizes of the rooms are believable and suitable. Also, there is next to no realism; which isn't all too bad since it's based on a zombie survival gametype.

- You try to get details from props and overlays. The geometry itself is down-right boring. Work on that.

- Very dull use of colour with the lightning. It looks doesn't look interesting, and the boring lighting accentuates that.

- Unrealistic aspect in terms of thickness of objects, growth of plants and prop placement.

You try to add detail using the same ways you've been using in almost all your maps. It's a brush based engine, make use of it!

Edited by Botervloot