Mr. Green Gaming

Proposal

In my opinion, the rating system does fail indeed. When a map is rated 0, there is a big chance that it had less bad ratings than a map that's rated 2.56.

The rating-system gives people an automatic prejudice against maps.

Well I would go one further and guess that any map on the server that is rated 0 doesn't have any votes at all... and I would also guess that there would only be 1 or 2 maps like that, so they're irrelevant (no offence yoshi).

Plus I think it's only fair to point out that the thing that mostly influences my rating are the maps itself, not other peoples ratings. If the map is frustrating and has badly aligned roads, or vehicle change CPs in places that make you get stuck in a wall, or they're boring, or use a vehicle like the bright green John Deere tractor that flips and bounces for no reason, or any number of other annoyances - THAT is what makes me vote low, and I would assume it's the same for the vast majority of other players. To suggest that people only vote low because it already has a low rating quite frankly is slightly insulting.

Yeah this idea is pretty unfeasible and kind of dumb. Most people like to play a variety of maps. Nobody wants to play fun maps all the time.

when I see people replay 4 times in a row the same stupid map , I say, yes! there are many people to play only that maps funs.

if we allow only members to vote, firstly, it will force people to register on mr.green, secondly, it would prevent guest564 to rate 10/10 a dinghy falls and 0/10 a skillmap.

The same with toptime , for avoid multitop (sdk ;])

no ??

cookie great idea too

Edited by pondfiller

I understand how averages work. And no, the map rating system is not accurate. I played a map last night that has a rating of 2.76 and there is nothing the matter with the map. While I am the first one to say this is the worlds shittiest map, I still race most of them. Some do make me take a break cuz it is so god awful. Regarding a pro server pondfi1ller...there are a couple out there. SKC has a nice strictly track server and so does -]alw[-. But as some have mentioned, they do get old after a while and really disuade the noobs from playing on a server because they never finish/win those kind of races.

A simple solution to the problem is to not delete the maps, fix some of them maybe ffs, but set aside a time of the day like SKC does for the "most wanted". They take the top 20 maps rating wise and play them from the lowest rating to the highest. That way it excludes the maps with the worst ratings from that block of racing.

Then maybe on the other hand, set up another block with the WORST rated maps and play those. Then offer an honest opinion if it is truly a terrible map or not.

I have to agree with TicToc. Green is not a pro race server. I think it is mostly fun server than race. There are some server where you can play so many quality custom circuit maps (sik, alw, skc, ect).

But I also can understand what you want to say Pond. There are some really bad map on the green server. When I see them I would say "Omfg! 3 years old kid can make better one than this." Mapping is not difficult, but some mapper just put some random objects, cps and they thinks "Hell yeah! I have finished one more map." I want to force them to play dm maps to see how to make good maps. I mean how to put two objects exactly. So mapping is not a difficult science, you just need some time and patience to make good map.

+1 vote for the new rate system

Edited by CsenaHUN

you're all right

i propose a little clean : delete somes maps really infamous. I'll let you choose which =P

: fix the others

we could fix maps together, [its too big for only one person(what Bin would have told)] if other people are motivated. If you give me maps packet of 5-6 I'm willing to give of my time for that .

;]