Mr. Green Gaming

Map Sizes

Yesterday I played a map that was 16mb and today one was 19mb!

I mean, the 19mb map ("custom map Audio Surf" by Benox - i think) had custom roads, vehicles and music - the point being that the music and custom vehicle weren't necessary at all and are just self indulgent rubbish.

When the map started, only 2 people had already downloaded it and everybody else had to sit there, or fell to their deaths (i eventually finished 5th).

Will the admins consider a limit for map sizes (perhaps 10mb...?).

And what does everybody else think?

and map makers repress their criativity because of some dude doens't have a good connection?

that's like saying that gta iv should have bad graphics, just so that you could play it, and think for one second, its very, very rare that you have to donwload >15 mbs maps, you just got "lucky"

Edited by weet

Get a decent internet provider. If your connection allows it, speeds can go up to around 500 KB/s. So a 19 MB file would take 38 seconds to download (only one time).

Our server is connected to several high quality international networks such as Level3. Which ensures good connections and speeds in both Europe and outside of Europe ( PDF ).

All we could do is look into setting up an external file server/location. That would allow us to go over the 500 KB/s limit.

Get a decent internet provider. If your connection allows it, speeds can go up to around 500 KB/s. So a 19 MB file would take 38 seconds to download (only one time).

Our server is connected to several high quality international networks such as Level3. Which ensures good connections and speeds in both Europe and outside of Europe ( PDF ).

All we could do is look into setting up an external file server/location. That would allow us to go over the 500 KB/s limit.

lolwut!?

"All we could do is..."

No, you could also impose a sensible limit on map sizes.

lolwut!?

"All we could do is..."

God, you really are annoying.

Where do these ppl come from? When someone in higher rank than you says something you don't argue it :/

Not only do you do this with Ywa now, but I remember in another topic I say the rating system is not reliable for deleting maps and you come up with some shitass math wikipedia link trying to prove me wrong. :lol:

this ain't no american dream

bin, if you weren't such a fat annoying cunt I might actually care what you think or say :)

As for everybody else who has given their opinions, I can see what you're saying - and although the download pack would be an improvement I can't help but feel that 99% of players would never know about it or even use it if they did!

i still feel that a 10mb limit would work far better, and would take almost zero effort enforcing.

lolwut!?

"All we could do is..."

Where do these ppl come from? When someone in higher rank than you says something you don't argue it :/

Be nice to him. Perhaps he lives in a dictatorship and all he wants is to have a tiny bit of influence and have his opinion heared.

lolwut!?

"All we could do is..."

Be nice to him. Perhaps he lives in a dictatorship and all he wants is to have a tiny bit of influence and have his opinion heared.

lol who the fuck are you anyway!?

judging by your maps, and your sig here, you're either a 10 year old or a fucking paedophile!

Either way you're beneath me in real life :)

lolwut!?

"All we could do is..."

judging by your maps, and your sig here, you're either a 10 year old or a fucking paedophile!

Oh, well, excuse me then. It seems you are more fit to be the dictator yourself.

Yoshi's maps <3

Yoshi's sig <3

Yoshi <3

106msjt.jpg

Well.. wow.

This guy has now basically told 3 admins to fuck off. Not the most sane way to survive in a community, buddy..

Yeah, and you know why?

Was it because they told me off for ramming/blocking? No.

Was it because I was using cheats and they banned me? No.

Was it because I simply took a dislike to them and started abusing them for no reason? No.

It's because I pointed out aspects of L4G MTA that could be improved upon, for the benefit of the whole community, and in return have been met, for the most part, by childishly self-centred admins - who don't have the maturity to listen to the community, but rather decide that they're right in every instance and so why should they listen to anyone... they've made their decision before any real discussion has taken place.

What a great community, eh?

It's sad really that you'd prefer members of the community to just roll over and not say anything when they're dissatisfied, rather than speaking up (where as I pointed out they're met by the "we're admins, we're not listening 'coz we know best" attitude - which I happen to despise to the point that I end up telling 3 admins to fuck off because of it).

Well first of all, I only see you arguing with them and I do not really picture you as a whole image of the entire community. So you should stop using that definition in making yourself look like you actually have a bunch of people behind you.

And I don't really see this as such a big issue to start a fight. This is a minor problem and I do not feel it having a huge impact on our satisfaction towards the game server and scripts. After all, you download a map just one time and it's not like there are 200 enormous maps out there.