Mr. Green Gaming

Stress-test time

Ywa

THERES NO TESTING ATM

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow (Sunday) 21:00 GMT I need as many people possible to test something (game related) that I work on. It's main (and only) purpose is to stress-test it. See how many players can join without any problems etc. etc.

What do I need?

You need a PC running Windows XP/Vista or 7. Other (important) requirement: NVidia Shader Model 3.0 GPU or ATI/AMD Shader Model 4.0 graphics card (NVidia GEForce 6600, ATI Radeon HD 3000), or better.

And you need around 30 MB of free space + a working internet connection.

What can I expect?

It will be ugly, laggy and shit. We try to gather up as much as possible users. You can play around with a few synchronized physis objects/props and walk around (and see others walk around).

I got a bug

Great! If you, for example, can't run the game. Post your PC specs and engine.log (from the bin directory) in this thread.

If you crash ingame, there should popup a bug report tool. You can e-mail me the exact bug through that system.

Where can I download it?

The download link will be shared on the #limetric IRC channel ( irc.gtanet.com ). If you want to take the lazy road, click on the Chat button at the menu of this forum. Afterwards type in /join #limetric to join our channel.

The link will become available a few minutes before the test starts.

The link will also be posted here!

Why should I do this?

To help me stress-test the networking.

Will there be cake?

Possibly.

Can I invite friends?

Yes! Just make sure they're on IRC so they can stay up to date while we test it.

tl;dr: Join us on irc.gtanet.com #limetric

- Ywa

Ywa, no offence, when I asked you earlier today on Steam, how's work going, you didn't even reply. How is this working.. ? You tell everybody else that you need testers, yet you don't tell the people you work with? ... I'm disappointed, again.

Edited by Deluvas

Ywa, no offence, when I asked you earlier today on Steam, how's work going, you didn't even reply. How is this working.. ? You tell everybody else that you need testers, yet you don't tell the people you work with? ... I'm disappointed, again.

We've talked on Steam and it's sorted out.

Aww man I was waiting for a bitch-fight... ;-(

Aww man I was waiting for a bitch-fight... ;-(

Not going to happen, sorry.

Worked smoothly. Next test you should make the football/soccer field you were talking about, add a ball and jumping abilities. Maybe a kick aswell, to launch an object/player 45° into the air or something.

Maybe add a menu of some sort, just to control the volume, screen resolution etc.

So what kind of game is this? Is this the same one as "Dat Cave"?

No. Completely unrelated. Although Dat Cave models were included in this project, but unused.

I'll see what I can do @ VMR. I want something more original than a soccer 'gamemode', though. Even though it's just for testing.