Mr. Green Gaming

demotion for botervloot

jedabia

i was looking through your ban list, http://bans.left4green.com/index.php, and decided to look through some of the reported bans, so that i may learn how to rejoin this community, after stating i was leaving due to abusive administrators, and play peacefully on this, slightly racist and anti-foreign, community. i decided to go through the different administrators to see if any had weird or wonderful bans, to learn what i shouldn't do, just so that i might keep within the rules, whether they be detailed or a "gray" area. when looking through botervloot, i came across some obviously deserving bans from a while ago, mainly to do with cheating. the newer the bans however, the weirder, and less detailed, the bans became.

the first ban that i would like to raise to attention, although the ban is served and the player is probably happy playing Team Fortress 2 again, is Bon Duell, and he, or she, appears to have been banned for losing a "duel" with botervloot. i know i am new, both to the games and the community, but is it normal for people who are less averse in these games to be banned, just because they aren't as good as the administrators?

the next case i'd like reviewed is, Hakkin, and the given reason the ban is, "advised to get banned". who advised you? and why were you advised? surely you need evidence of a clear rulebreak to ban someone, for whatever length of time, and just an advisory note isn't enough. there should be hard proof that a person is breaking rules, and therefore, has a reason to be banned.

third, and not nearly last, is NEX destroyer, who was banned for "100", and unless this is code for some weird and, oddly ingenius, sort of ruling system, can someone explain it to me, so that i can understand what not to do in order to play on this community in peace.

fourth, would have to be purple hakkin, who was banned for "patience". i'm a patient person, although i do have outbursts of impatience, but should someone be banned for being patient? this ban was in regards to a Team Fortress 2 server, and is the idea not to kill other players, whilst doing another game mode based objective? having the patience to wait for people before killing them, in my eyes, is not an offence worthy of a ban, and if the reason was something else, please explain in a reply.

fifth, is a multitude of bans, of which i won't list names because this post would most likely go over a predefined character limit, where the reasons given are "prolonged inappropriate behaviour". can someone explain that behaviour to me, in regards to being banned for it, and then i might be able to understand why these people deserved to be banned.

sixth, seems to be vegeta7141, who was banned for "fun". isn't the aim of all games, whether they be virtual or in real life, to have fun? why should someone be made unable to continue playing a game, just because they were completing the primary objective of all games? this seems extremely unfair, and if the IRC comments are true, it seems this ban has a deeper meaning to it, with regards to vegeta's nationality being British, which it seems the majority of the community are against.

that seems to be the main list of bans that i'm quering, and that i'd like, either topcrew or, botervloot to explain, and if no explanations are given, then maybe the administrator position should be given to someone else, who is fairer, and "nicer" to the players, rather than banning them for simple things, or for banning them for obscure things, which they then fail to explain.

Oh god.

Inb4 shitstorm.

Let Boter explain everything.

(But ill give my points here)

1. Dont know.

2. Hakkin probably asked to be banned.

3. 100, no idea.

4. Hakkin was banned there for being an annoying bastard, he basically drained boters "patience".

5. None of your buisness to be honest.

6. Vegeta7141 was probably banned for annoying people. (atleast that's what i caught from that).

Also, please, stop, using, commas, like, this and use these mawfakas ->.

Edited by Hundred2

@ the last part:

The TopCrew and/or Botervloot has reason to explain the bans to you. If they say the ban was good it is. There is no(!) way that you can tell them what to do. As i said. The Topcrew and/or Bothervloot does not(!) have to explain anything to you!

i know i am new, both to the games and the community, but

ou

Nuff said.

You don't know °hakkin's° case nor any other case why they got banned. You can't judge a person by those simple ban information.

Also you're missing this : °Admins are always right.°

Jezus christ man, Get your facts straight.

It's quite obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about.

People who play regulary on the tf2 server know who hakkin, destroyer and Balmung are. If you feel like randomly accusing people of stuff you know nothing about I suggest you keep quiet.

Edited by TheGreenGrasshopper

Whaaat :V

Dude

I've only dueled 2 guys

And I don't even know you

Let alone BANNING someone for LOSING a duel, I haven't even banned anyone for over a month

Oh, more bans:

• Hakkin was a prick and a provoking bastard. The "advise" to get banned was given by another (admin?) person, and he was pushing the lines. I'm patient, but he was just constantly provoking me.

• With NEX is messed up the reason for the ban. I didn't knew how the console commands for banning worked, and the 100 is probably mean for the time of the ban.

• Purple Hakkin (see 1) is even more terrible. He's not only a dick, he provoked me outside of the game. Spamming constantly.

• Vegeta was delaying the arena game by "taunting" and "playing around" (having fun) therefor delaying the end result of the game. People had to wait about 5-8 min every time before he was done having his fun, only to start again the next round. Plain annoying.

They all got what they deserved, most of them aren't even permanent bans. A kick doesn't work you see. They just rejoin and start anew. A ban is far more effective.

Edited by Botervloot

I got to agree that the ban reasons as noted there are quite weird, but I think the cases behind it are 100% legit. :V And I've been playing in mrgreen.arena and mrgreen.koth for a long time, and there never was any moment I was doubting Botervloot on his decisions, except for Axon, but he was indeed an asshole.

Although the rule is "Admins are always right", you can still ask questions or be skeptical. In this case however, think it's sort of reckless for a 30-posts-user (with limited knowledge about the server administration/history) to go around accusing admins and demanding demotions.

this seems extremely unfair, and if the IRC comments are true, it seems this ban has a deeper meaning to it, with regards to vegeta's nationality being British, which it seems the majority of the community are against.

Also, you're implying that the community is somewhat racist against other nationalities, specifically British.

I'm a Britfag, I'm an admin.

Corby is a Britfag, he's also an admin.

Darkstar's just a fag, but he's also a global admin!

Carry on.

this seems extremely unfair, and if the IRC comments are true, it seems this ban has a deeper meaning to it, with regards to vegeta's nationality being British, which it seems the majority of the community are against.

Also, you're implying that the community is somewhat racist against other nationalities, specifically British.

I'm a Britfag, I'm an admin.

Corby is a Britfag, he's also an admin.

Darkstar's just a fag, but he's also a global admin!

Carry on.

Don't forget that Vegeta was also an admin for about a week before he stepped down, and he's British as well.

And Pufulet whos British, and is a GMod admin.

Oh I just saw that comment about me you hoe.

Edited by Darkstar

These are some really stupid grounds to call for a demotion. You should look at the ban dates, reasons, length and the fact if you're involved. If not, don't bother. It's our job to analyse admin behaviour and act upon that if needed.