Mr. Green Gaming

zs_deadwater_v1

Looks nice on the screenshot, but it's unplayable.

1. func_smokevolume is a really expensive entity, it looks good when used correctly, but if it's overused it causes massive fps issues. While shooting on your map I get a maximum of 30 fps, like always all graphic settings maxed.(I got a fairly good machine and if it lags on mine it's unplayable for the most people here)

2. No round will last longer than 5 minutes on that map considering you havn't implented any possible cade spots.

Edit: Just decompiled your map and noticed some very bad things in terms of level optimization. Never, ever use the skybox as cube around your map, for example the bottom shouldn't have the skybox texture since it's unneeded to render that area at all.

Edited by Holy

Looks nice on the screenshot, but it's unplayable.

1. func_smokevolume is a really expensive entity, it looks good when used correctly, but if it's overused it causes massive fps issues. While shooting on your map I get a maximum of 30 fps, like always all graphic settings maxed.(I got a fairly good machine and if it lags on mine it's unplayable for the most people here)

2. No round will last longer than 5 minutes on that map considering you havn't implented any possible cade spots.

Edit: Just decompiled your map and noticed some very bad things in terms of level optimization. Never, ever use the skybox as cube around your map, for example the bottom shouldn't have the skybox texture since it's unneeded to render that area at all.

so what should I have? Nodraw?

• 4 weeks later...