Mr. Green Gaming

zs_combinal

If you want to make this map good, do this:

- Find leak and fix it

- Add light_env

- env_cubemaps

Those are always used in mapping. IF you've read some mapping teaching sites, you should have know.

If he had a leak the map would be fullbright.

Map looks a bit meh. Repetive and unoriginal texturing. I like the structures, but your buildings are still too blocky. Also, try to find a fitting skybox, this one it too light for the rest of the map.

- Find leak and fix it

- Add light_env

- env_cubemaps

Those are always used in mapping. IF you've read some mapping teaching sites, you should have know.

Map looks a bit meh. Repetive and unoriginal texturing. I like the structures, but your buildings are still too blocky. Also, try to find a fitting skybox, this one it too light for the rest of the map.

It isn't fullbright. Since the textures doesn't use env_cubemaps (not all of them), but the bike does. The bike looks fucked up. So i'm guessing i'm right.

- Find leak and fix it

- Add light_env

- env_cubemaps

It isn't fullbright. Since the textures doesn't use env_cubemaps (not all of them), but the bike does. The bike looks fucked up. So i'm guessing i'm right.

Was talking about the "- Find leak and fix it" part.

- Find leak and fix it

- Add light_env

- env_cubemaps

Was talking about the "- Find leak and fix it" part.

But there is still a leak. Cubemaps cant be build, so there is a leak. So there is proof that you know that theres a leak :P.

It probaly in those mountains.

Few tips from me.

- Make sure all your sides of the textures who are NOT visible from the player to be nodraw texture (that makes the map smaller in mb).

- To find a leak go to Map > Load Pointfile. /// Red line will appear on the camera view pointing to right into the leak.

- Use 'Player Clip' textures to limit the space to the mountains. (maybe you know about that)

- Make all your out sides of the skybox to nodraw.

- Making a 3d skybox:

. place a sky_camera entity in the middle of your main map floor.

. select both of them, the floor and the camera.

. hold shift and drag them away. (making a copy)

. while selected the copy hit ctrl+m.

. a small window will appear on the screen asking you for values.

. select Scale and fill all 3 fields with this number 0.0625.

. after that the floor will shrink, that makes it 16 times bigger in game.

. now you are able to add sky props (simply type 'sky' in your browser)

. close the 3d skybox with a skybox texture. (again make the out sides nodraw)

. and copy your light_environment and paste it in your 3d skybox to bring the same light as your main skybox.

tbh its nice for a first map :>