Mr. Green Gaming

A quick mapping question...

Spawnpoints.

Am I right in assuming that there is some server script that duplicates spawnpoints to make sure there are enough... I say this because the max spawnpoints I have made in the past is 40, but they are still playable with more than 40 players.

So with that in mind, in theory, would we be able to make maps that just have one spawnpoint? Or do we still have to make 40????

I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

BinSlayer said one spawnpoint is laggy but here's something I have discovered:

1) It's laggy when the vehicle is custom. (That means people have to download it and it has ~6MB graphics on it so they're pretty damn huge and all in one spot cause a huge lag)

2) It's laggy when it's nighttime. (Somehow due to the headlights of the vehicles.. when they collide, it's just a lagfest)

Which leads me to the point that it isn't really that laggy when it's daytime with default vehicles. (I THINK)

BinSlayer said one spawnpoint is laggy but here's something I have discovered:

1) It's laggy when the vehicle is custom. (That means people have to download it and it has ~6MB graphics on it so they're pretty damn huge and all in one spot cause a huge lag)

2) It's laggy when it's nighttime. (Somehow due to the headlights of the vehicles.. when they collide, it's just a lagfest)

Which leads me to the point that it isn't really that laggy when it's daytime with default vehicles. (I THINK)

When you say "laggy" am I right in assuming you actually mean "low fps"?

In which case, yes... custom models lower your fps because I would imagine that they are a higher polygon count to the native GTA:SA vehicle models (I can remember one from yesterday (custom Mitsubishi Evo model) which also had roll bars (extra polygons)... I've seen others with accurately modelled engine blocks!)

Anyway, for me the worst lag happens on motorbike maps... its fine for the first 3 seconds and then it drops to <10 fps. (But I know My PC sucks ass, so....) I never had any problems back in the day with MTA:Race though!