Mr. Green Gaming

Solution for combat loggers

Hey guys , my ign is Ryuushima.

I've played this server for 4 maps now but before that I played a lot of other servers.

There was this one system on a server I played that really worked wonders, and I believe it is done almost the same way as you guys are currently making sure people logging out in combat aren't able to instantly log back in. But that's still way too soft!

What that server had is that when you logout within a certain range of an enemy. Let's say 10 blocks you DIE , no more relogspamming if you die when you logout while in combat.

It's just that I see too many people still abuse logging out and in to prevent dying in combat. ( even 1 guy from our faction did it and so he was instantly kicked 108058 )

Not saying that this is the only way to counter relogging but something is needed to stop people from doing it, it already takes long enough to kill people with how the new armor system works.

Cheers , Ryuushima

Can I just say we have had this problem for a long while now and Clavus has done his best to prevent this. When you re log back in you are un able to attack for 10 seconds. The new armour system has made armour weaker without enchantments so that it make both types of armour different. Also 108058 can stay kicked for all I care he uses x_ray to get into peoples bases and even greified us so his story will not be in my favour, if you re log you are on an instant ban even if you were doing it by accident.

Edited by Luke Nukem

I play on the client. For some reason the browser version has never worked for me. I'd be all for this, but there's the issue of genuine memory error and net issues. Let's say I'm raiding some noob faction like, I don't know Ironleague? I've nearly killed all three of them with a porkchop but then my minecraft crashses. I lose all my gear and they work out fine.

IDK if it would be possible but perhaps if they log say 3 times within 32 blocks of an enemy they're either killed or kicked with a message 'Combat logging is a bannable offence' If they did it again they'd be banned? I think the message needs to be put out there. If you log, you get banned. Perhaps it would disuade people from doing it so often.

So far, I simply type when they log 'IGN, number of times logging' and screen shot it. Usually you'll collect more than 6 of these then post in the ban topic. I'd hope that once enough of these are done people would get the message but. You can't really take anything for granted with our MC community.

Another consequence I'd favour more instead of bans is being kicked from their faction. That way the faction loses their power and helps you with raiding. If it's the leader of the faction - It would be disbanded. This would put more of a responsibility on faction heads to recruit selectively and make sure the dishonest players don't get into any worthwhile factions.

It's a tough one to fix. I don't really see any way to efficiently and fairly stop people from doing it. Just sucks that every person on this server, literally EVERYONE does it when being raided.

Some people do legitimately crash, therefore I never ban on a single combat log, normally I only ban for excessive and blatant intention on the matter. I still feel the old plugin that allowed for temporary attacking of a 'ghost' was the best solution.

Yes, it was wonderfull. You'd get his stuff if he relogged BUT

if he relogged before you could hit him he still had godmode ..

Why cant we make a combination of 2 plugins ?

no rejoining faster then 5 seconds ( which wont be a prob when your mc crashed)

AND the dummy plugin where you can kill him ?

Grtz

Some people do legitimately crash, therefore I never ban on a single combat log, normally I only ban for excessive and blatant intention on the matter. I still feel the old plugin that allowed for temporary attacking of a 'ghost' was the best solution.

Yes, it was wonderfull. You'd get his stuff if he relogged BUT

if he relogged before you could hit him he still had godmode ..

Why cant we make a combination of 2 plugins ?

no rejoining faster then 5 seconds ( which wont be a prob when your mc crashed)

AND the dummy plugin where you can kill him ?

Grtz

Okay, understandable, here. Re-instate this plugin, if they abuse the godmode instant relog, I'll be more than happy to dish out insta bans. As it seems the current method they now use is to stay logged out for a long time to discourage attackers. Atleast if they relog straight away you know they will be getting a ban for sure.

I believe that the 10 second inability to attack is as fair as it should go.

If the opponent that remained on the server is too much of a retarded moron not to back away for a moment,

it's darn straight his own fault if he loses. As far as I know the god-mode remains for only 10 seconds, go figure.

I am really not seeing a way this "instant death on logging in" would work with such an unpredictable game as Minecraft.

Not only is there this crashing issue but also the fact that you can never be fully aware of the enemy presence,

therefore it could be possible to abuse this by just sneaking behind something and waiting for your game to log out.

After that when he logs back in you can just frolic to your newly dead partner's body to loot all that is not-so-legally yours.

Over-boosting the debuff times will be a bitch for everyone: when you log in for the first time in a while and suddenly have to act quickly,

there's really nothing you can do to help your demise.

If anything, we could narrow down the god-mode time to 7. That should give a reasonable opportunity.

...I wonder if I could still cast poisons upon the unexpecting during that time.

i also ran a small pvp server for a short time and i also used CombatTag plugin at that time.

that was probably an older version of it, but i recall that my combattag did this, if you

are within a certain distance of someone you can't teleport [same as in this server] but if you tried to

log out next to someone after being hit/tagged, a split second before you actually quit/logged out

you would die instantly and drop all items, then quit client/log out.

thats the best way to punish it if you ask me.

Edited by Jinrai

Yeh but the problem is, because of current methods, its better for a combat logger to stay logged out. As for when combat tag was around, it was better for them to login/out instantly as they gained invulnerability for a certain period of time. I think the current method however where they cant attack or do anything for 10 seconds WITH combatTag would actually work brilliantly.

• 1 month later...