Mr. Green Gaming

Stinky map's!

Milan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remove the download, which you would take the maps?

Does it look like your maps follow the requirements? No, they're boring without car mods. And they're too much to download with car mods.

So you need to start working on your mapping skills if you want your maps in the server.. You have to make a map people will enjoy playing, not one you can brag about because it has your name in the <Author> field.

Says what's wrong instead of rejecting all like that - "we can see very well after you have a screen that is rotten your worries, I just have to change the time but hey - 'after ca become too simple.

You are never happy anyway - "!

Edited by Milan

Look at all other topics.. You will see that I upload 90% of the maps sent. So me being 'unhappy with everything' is out of the question.

The bottom line is that you're just not good at making maps. I've tried to help you, tell you what could be improved or what could be better, but you can never get the bigger picture here..

We're beyond reason. The map is just not good/suitable for various reasons

I honestly think that you don't test your maps before you upload them here. If you had, you would have noticed that Loquendo is very bad. A newb player wouldn't even know where to go. The checkpoints are badly placed. Everything is wrong

And I'm not gonna repeat myself everytime I tell you how to improve your mapping skills and then you post another one with the same general mistakes and flaws.

Tip: Everytime you test your map, you need to play it like you're dumb and never played it before. You always need to think "is it possible that someone would make a mistake here?", "Is it possible someone doesn't immediately know where to go here?"

For example in your video of Loquendo:

0:53 - It looks very cool but sadly, if you play the map for the first time, there's no way you can know that you have to land in exactly that spot - so everyone will fall in the water the first one or two times they drive off the thing.

2:02 - You, the map maker, know you have to go through the gate and on the road here. But a lot of racers don't think logicically and may think they have to stay on the terrain. A tip is to put the checkpoint a but further away, so it's clear that you have to go on the road.

2:53 - It is unclear that you have to dive in the water here. I mean it looks really awesome, the invisible road and stuff, but everyone will drive around the first time.

Also, at the end in the carpark, I'd use Rings as checkpoints. Because players can reach the "long vertical" checkpoints like you have now from all levels, meaning they can cheat.

Personally I think it's a good map, especially the first 50 seconds. It's just the little things that make it look less good. Also, dunno if BinSlayer agrees with the things I put here, these are just tips from my point of view.

Tip: Everytime you test your map, you need to play it like you're dumb and never played it before. You always need to think "is it possible that someone would make a mistake here?", "Is it possible someone doesn't immediately know where to go here?"

For example in your video of Loquendo:

0:53 - It looks very cool but sadly, if you play the map for the first time, there's no way you can know that you have to land in exactly that spot - so everyone will fall in the water the first one or two times they drive off the thing.

2:02 - You, the map maker, know you have to go through the gate and on the road here. But a lot of racers don't think logicically and may think they have to stay on the terrain. A tip is to put the checkpoint a but further away, so it's clear that you have to go on the road.

2:53 - It is unclear that you have to dive in the water here. I mean it looks really awesome, the invisible road and stuff, but everyone will drive around the first time.

Also, at the end in the carpark, I'd use Rings as checkpoints. Because players can reach the "long vertical" checkpoints like you have now from all levels, meaning they can cheat.

Personally I think it's a good map, especially the first 50 seconds. It's just the little things that make it look less good. Also, dunno if BinSlayer agrees with the things I put here, these are just tips from my point of view.

I totally agree with what you said.

But don't worry, he'll come up with other bugs anyway

The very basics of creating a good map. Couldn't have said it better.