Mr. Green Gaming

Suggestion to improve PvP Logging Plugin

I was wondering if there was a way to change the plugin so that the player dies when they log out, not when they return. With the current system players can just wait for their enemies to leave before logging in, saving their items. A good example of this playstyle is yorkyork, whom I'm waiting for to log in as I type this. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the plugin so that the player dies when they log out, not when they return. With the current system players can just wait for their enemies to leave before logging in, saving their items. A good example of this playstyle is yorkyork, whom I'm waiting for to log in as I type this. Let me know what you all think, thanks.

I agree that the pvp logging plugin needs to be improved as people either do not log back in unless another faction member is there to collect their items or wait for a server crash so they can log in without being killed. Having it that players die when they log out would be better than the current setup. If that isn't possible maybe has it that when the plugin kills them their power drops to -20 so you could just claim them over.

On another server I've been on there was a similar plugin that left them standing there for a good 20 seconds after they logged. This allowed you to hit them and kill them, even after they had PvP logged. Not sure if that is much help, but there is a way to do it.

Edited by AutomatedMoose

Which faction are you Moosey? Don't be disheartened, your idea is good and something the server admins attempted before, unfortunately as mentioned it caused more problems that it solved.

I imagine its just a matter of finding a stable plug in that works with our set up. Hopefully when Mojang implement their modding API, all of the modding community will become more streamlined and modular, meaning things will work better together without any coding effort.

Until then, /cloak helps immensely (You can purchase it in the green coins shop, and it is valid forever). That way the logger doesn't know if you're there or not. You can then get another friend with /cloak to get to your location. Then you f home, un cloak and then the logger thinks it's safe to come back.

The f home exploit is just plain annoying, but don't think there's much administration could do about that with the current set up.

Keep your eyes open for any new plug ins regarding combat logging, could be a useful one out there.

Making it so you die upon logging out seems, in my opinion, to be extremely detrimental to non PVP loggers. If your one of the few non hacks and rule abiding players on the server then losing all your items everytime you log out seems a poor idea to me.

Clavus how about if you code an additional thingy for MC? :P

Maybe make some sort of timeout for logging out? Something like when player disconnects client-side, his serverside entity still stays there for like 1 sec and when the server tells that the player left when he was hurt by other players the server sends command suicide to the player who logged but only to his server-side entity and with that the server saves his server-side stats after the player logged out (aka when he lost his stuff in combat) and sends the info to the player client-side when he joins back. So his inventory is empty and he is dead.

I made it a bit too complicated, didn't I? :o

Edited by Mr. Darkness

I think what jedabia was trying to say was that previous posts had insinuated that everyone died when logging out. for instance, if i've just found diamonds but have to log off due to it being late at night, then the server would kill me, thus making me drop all the newly mined diamonds.

If either a pre-existing plugin was found, or clavus coded one, that killed people if they had taken damage withi a small timescale or if people near them had caused them harm within a timescale then yes, i'd vote for that. But having it so whenever anyone logs out, they die, IS SHITTY IDEA.

Where did people go wrong on this topic, where the title says "Suggestion to improve PvP Logging Plugin "

Did someone really think we were talking about non-pvp logging?

Edited by Guest

Maybe it's possible to disable /f home for like 5seconds after logging in, that will atleast make them require some more effort to get there stuff back

Best would be killing the player before logout but if no plugins work to bad :(

But 5 seconds isn't going to make that much of a difference because either the plugin doesn't kill you when you log back so you just wait 5 seconds or if there are enemies you can't f home anyway. If it kills you, you will respawn and already be at home so you just go get your stuff which is going to take longer than 5 seconds anyway. However, some extra punishment other than possibly dying is needed.