Mr. Green Gaming

Hacking Someone's Minecraft

So this is RedGander, the leader of Looters. I had invited a new member nymphsys and bigbadwilly. These players were dupers and I felt it was necessary to kick kill them. However, this whole time faction members were telling me that those two could "hack" your account and control you. One member Standepan states that the chat broadcasted a message under his name that he didn't type. I would like to know, is this hacking of your account really possible, and if so what is the extent? And how to protect against it maybe?

Why is this not possible Sacrevy? I've got a friend that can hack your account whenever I say so. He'll be done in 15 minutes.

I agree with wessel.......

If you'd actually read the post, you would notice that he's wondering whether some people would be able to hack into your account and control it while the account's owner is logged in and playing, which even you can realize to be nigh impossible.

There is a way to do this yes. Two ways in actual fact, you won't find either of them in public however, they are only available to underground hacking communities. The first method is hijacking someone's name by spoofing the server. This was seriously easy to do back in the old days of minecraft however it requires a lot more now to do so. The second is by using session ID's to seize the logged in minecraft account. It resets once the person logs out however. But the true owner on the account will be kicked once the hijacker takes over and won't be able to log in until they exit their account.

Again, you can try looking for something similar but they're isn't a public version available, for either.

Obviously we don't support anything like this here though.

Well they can just hack your computer and take control over it, but in that case just pull your internet cable out and remove the control.

Hacking a computer isn't easy and herp derping some lines of code on C++.

It requires linking your computer with the target somehow then using a (more often than not custom made) program to take control of their computer while bypassing all anti-viruses.

Well they can just hack your computer and take control over it, but in that case just pull your internet cable out and remove the control.

Hacking a computer isn't easy and herp derping some lines of code on C++.

It requires linking your computer with the target somehow then using a (more often than not custom made) program to take control of their computer while bypassing all anti-viruses.

I know folkes that dont have anti-viruses

There is a way to do this yes. Two ways in actual fact, you won't find either of them in public however, they are only available to underground hacking communities. The first method is hijacking someone's name by spoofing the server. This was seriously easy to do back in the old days of minecraft however it requires a lot more now to do so. The second is by using session ID's to seize the logged in minecraft account. It resets once the person logs out however. But the true owner on the account will be kicked once the hijacker takes over and won't be able to log in until they exit their account.

Again, you can try looking for something similar but they're isn't a public version available, for either.

Obviously we don't support anything like this here though.

Mind=blown. That was a rather intriguing glimpse into the technical mind of Corby.

But I doubt these kiddies have that sort of mental capacity, and if they did surely they'd have something better to hack than making someone on minecraft say "I love weenis". It was part of one of the hack clients at one point. There was a spate of reports in the hacking thread, here's one example I can find:

post-6822-0-07699200-1328215435_thumb.pn

Can't be bothered to trawl the whole thing, but if you see where it says the message after 'Info' it would be the dude above that said 'iron' then a bunch of those invisible characters (alt codes, the same ones used in triforcing) to force the text to a new line, then colour codes and text. I dunno if I've explained it properly but, it looks like this:

<awesomeo_5000> Iron [][]][][[[][][][]][][][][][][][][][][][][]][][][][]

<Corby> I R HAXXOR.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I've seen this happen before, I believe it's a feature of the hack client. Some sort of chat griefer that basically inserts blank characters in the chat so the text is forced to a new line. They then just write your name and something you supposedly said and it looks like you said it, but if you check above you can still see the hackers name.

Happens in many multiplayer games.

Mind=blown. That was a rather intriguing glimpse into the technical mind of Corby.

But I doubt these kiddies have that sort of mental capacity, and if they did surely they'd have something better to hack than making someone on minecraft say "I love weenis".

Unless it gets leeched out by some fag that shouldn't be trusted in the underground forum. Which always happens eventually.

The second is by using session ID's to seize the logged in minecraft account. It resets once the person logs out however. But the true owner on the account will be kicked once the hijacker takes over and won't be able to log in until they exit their account.

Someone on my server did that to one of our admins -__- we lost our spawn city because of him.