Guild Wars 2

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own GW2 ?

• Yes
    • No
    • NOT YET!!

post-6822-0-63994100-1338658893_thumb.jp

Guild Wars 2

Guild wars 2 is the new MMO from ArenaNet which will be released this year (2012). As for a lot of gaming magazines and such it'll be expected june/july tough this hasn't been confirmed by ArenaNet.

ArenaNet is trying to make a new kind of mmo with Guild Wars 2. This will hopefully be succeeded with the so called 'Dynamic Events'

post-6822-0-04983400-1338658494_thumb.jp

'Enter the living world of Guild Wars 2 - filled with thousands of dynamic events that ebb and flow through the course of your adventures. One day there may be a thriving village filled with vendors and townspeople, the next day that village may be a smoking ruin overrun by centaurs. Dynamic events evolve and cascade across the world in response to how you, the player, interact with them, leaving persistent effects in the game world. Will you save that village or let it burn? The choice rests with you and your fellow players. The Dynamic Event system in Guild Wars 2 is built to be scalable and encourage impromptu group play where players are naturally cooperating together and not worried about encroaching on each other. The more the merrier!'

Not only does this make the multiplayer experience better, you'll also never have to read a wall of text again.

post-6822-0-89343000-1338659754_thumb.jp

Guild Wars 2 counts 5 races and 8 professions;

Mesmer

Mesmers are magical duelists who rely on deception and confusion to keep their opponents in check. Indecision is their greatest ally. Using powerful illusions to distract, they make sure they never go toe to toe with an enemy; they use their powers and tactics to set up an unfair fight.

Engineer

Masters of mechanical mayhem, engineers tinker with explosives, gadgets, elixirs, and all manner of deployable devices. They can take control of an area by placing turrets, support their allies with alchemic weaponry, or lay waste to foes with a wide array of mines, bombs, and grenades.

Thief

A master of stealth and surprise, the thief is deadly in single combat—particularly when catching enemies off guard. Thieves compensate for their relatively low armor and health by being quick and evasive. They can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Enemies should watch their backs, or the thief will watch it for them.

Guardian

The guardian is a devoted fighter who calls upon powerful virtues to smite enemies and protect allies. As dangerous with a staff as he is with a mighty two-handed hammer, a true guardian is a master tactician who knows when to sacrifice his own defenses to empower his allies to achieve victory.

Necromancer

A necromancer is a practitioner of the dark arts who summons the dead, wields the power of lost souls, and literally sucks the lifeblood of the enemy. A necromancer feeds on life force, which he can use to bring allies back from the brink or cheat death itself.

Ranger

The ranger is a jack-of-all-trades and a master of them all as well, relying on his keen eye, steady hand, or the power of nature itself. A master of ranged combat, the ranger is capable of striking unwitting foes from a distance with his bow. With a stable of pets at his command, a ranger can adapt to his opponents' strengths and weaknesses.

Warrior

The warrior is a master of weapons who relies on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. A warrior can shrug off blow after blow to stay in the fight, all the while building up adrenaline to fuel his offense.

Elementalist

The elementalist channels natural forces of destruction, making fire, air, earth, and water do her bidding. What the elementalist lacks in physical toughness, she makes up for in her ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack, dropping foes from a distance before they can become a threat. Yet, despite her incredible offensive potential, versatility is what makes the elementalist truly formidable.

If you want to read the full article about Professions

post-6822-0-87374400-1338659691_thumb.jp

As for the races there are;

Sylvari

Long ago, a weary soldier planted a strange seed in the depths of the Maguuma Jungle. For centuries, the Pale Tree grew, branches arching over the forest, until at last--twenty five years ago--it bloomed, and the Firstborn stepped into the world. They were followed by their brethren, season after season of sylvari, wide-eyed with wonder and searching for purpose in this strange land. Shaped first by the Dream that nurtured them before they awakened, the sylvari now travel Tyria seeking adventure and their place in the world...

Norn

The norn are a race of valiant, shape-changing barbarians. Boisterous, strong-willed, and passionate, the norn are an independent people that swear fealty to no single being. They thrive in their mountain stronghold by the sharpness of their senses, the quickness of their wits, and the strength of their massive forearms. They are guided in this world by their Spirits of the Wild, who embody the virtues of the mightiest beasts. As a people, they are quick to anger, even quicker to smile, and treat each new day as a personal challenge. They drink and feast and hunt with equal gusto, and fear few things. They are steadfast allies and implacable foes.

Charr

The feline charr of Tyria are a victorious race challenged by their own success. They have survived defeat, oppression, and civil war. They have returned, reconquered, and rebuilt their original homes. Their mighty fortress, the Black Citadel, dominates the surrounding ruins of the human city of Rin, and their non-magical technology is the mightiest in the land. Yet despite their success, they are challenged by divisions among their people, the power of the Elder Dragons, and the ghosts of their own victories.

Asura

They may be short in stature, but this subterranean race of magical inventors are intellectual giants. These incredibly intelligent beings use their knowledge and skill with magic and crafting to assert their natural dominance. In the world of the asura, it is not the strong who survive, but the clever. Other races believe they should rule by virtue of their power and strength, but they delude themselves. All will serve the asura – in due time...

Human

The humans of Tyria are an embattled race. Over the past three hundred years, they have lost much of their territory. Old enemies and new races threaten traditional human lands on all sides. Yet the human race survives, defending their remaining lands and maintaining the human spirit as they have for centuries. Their greatest city, Divinity's Reach, shines as a beacon of hope for the people of Kryta and beyond – even those dwelling deep within charr territory. The human legends are indelibly imprinted on the souls of all the races of Tyria, be they friend or foe.

If you want to read the full article about races

Note: Every race can be mixed with every profession witch makes it interesting for the players.

post-6822-0-50601400-1338659293_thumb.jp

Dungeons

There are places in Tyria where only the most experienced, well-equipped groups dare enter. We call them dungeons, but in reality these massive, instanced adventure areas are set in a wide range of settings above and below ground. From the searing heat of Sorrow's Embrace to the grandiose halls of Caudecus's Manor to the haunted depths of the Ascalonian Catacombs, dungeons in Guild Wars 2 come in many different forms.

Dungeons are designed for teams of high-level players who must work together in order to overcome their perils. Each dungeon instance is divided into a story mode and an explorable mode. In story mode, you'll delve into a gripping plot that reveals more secrets of Tyria. Once you've experienced the dungeon in story mode, you can unlock the challenging explorable mode content. The sandbox-style play of the explorable mode has several strategic options, each of which creates a different set of obstacles and goals in the game.

The risks are immense but the rewards are great for those who brave the dungeons in Guild Wars 2 - each dungeon holds its own unique armors and weapons.

post-6822-0-66021300-1338659375_thumb.jp

PVP

Player vs. Player games in Guild Wars 2 are easy to learn and quick to join but offer a variety of challenges for new players, casual gamers, and tournament PvPers alike.

In PvP matches, teams of players compete to eliminate each other and capture strategic objectives to score points. Enormous diversity can be injected into PvP games by changing the strategic objectives—players may have to survive a strafing dragon in one match or destroy an enemy siege weapon supply depot in another. Of course, there are always opposing players to contend with...

In "hot joinable" PvP, new and casual players can easily hop into an ongoing match and start playing right away without worrying about setting up teams beforehand. Competitive players looking for more organized play can try tournament mode, which pits teams of five players against each other in pick-up tournaments as well as monthly and player-run tournaments.

Everyone plays at the same level in Guild Wars 2 PvP, where skill and strategy provide players with the winning edge. All players are set to max level and given all the skills and gear they need to meet their opponents on even terms.

post-6822-0-82861500-1338659641_thumb.jp

For more information about the game be sure to check out the official page. To keep you up to date you can like guild wars 2 on Facebook.

PLEASE JOIN RING OF FIRE IN GAME

Edited by Mathijs1996

This information has been provided on here before :V

To all those that say that this game will be out in 4 weeks or the end of June seriously need to stop believing in rumours!! I quote ArenaNet: We will release it when we say we want to: ET Ooctober - December

I am currently a Norn Ranger with a Polar Bear as a pet like a boss. Lvl 27 at the moment on the BETA. It's an awesome game and totally worth the money. Also GuildWars 1 was Epic played it for more than 400 hours battling things that re-spawned every time you moved an inch -_-

BUY IT NOW!

Old Screen shot lvl 21 when the BETA ended :/ They ran another BETA 2 weeks ago and I grinded like a bitch to lvl 27 XD

post-6221-0-49894100-1338679503_thumb.jp

To all those that say that this game will be out in 4 weeks or the end of June seriously need to stop believing in rumours!! I quote ArenaNet: We will release it when we say we want to: ET Ooctober - December

Argh I want to play the fucking game!

Why don't they just release it this summer :'(

Because if they did that like other games companies do e.g. activision - you end up with a shitty rushed low quality game with a fuck ton of bugs in it :V

I can't wait either, but I'd rather they released a solid well balanced game instead of having an unbalanced cluster fuck for the first 3 months

I am a sexy Charr Necromancer (xeim levitating in this picture also)

GuildWars2_2012-04-28_13-08-32.png

Also, for more GW2 threads look here http://forums.left4green.com/forum/44-the-prodigal-guild/

If you're planning on joining the l4g guild, check out those threads, post a bit and join the steam group if you can :V

Oh, also, when you get in, the server we're operating from is MAGUS FALLS!

Don't forget, or everyone wont be able to play together :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

Because if they did that like other games companies do e.g. activision - you end up with a shitty rushed low quality game with a fuck ton of bugs in it :V

I can't wait either, but I'd rather they released a solid well balanced game instead of having an unbalanced cluster fuck for the first 3 months

Also, for more GW2 threads look here http://forums.left4g...prodigal-guild/

If you're planning on joining the l4g guild, check out those threads, post a bit and join the steam group if you can :V

Carrying on from what Minky was saying. Yes please do choose MAGUS FALLS! otherwise you will have to pay 2k gems to transfer to our world from your selected one.

Also, for more GW2 threads look here http://forums.left4g...prodigal-guild/

Carrying on from what Minky was saying. Yes please do choose MAGUS FALLS! otherwise you will have to pay 2k gems to transfer to our world from your selected one.

I'll choose Magus Falls just for you guys :3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasnt able to play :( Since I was down in London last weekend.

Will you be playing on Magnus Falls when it launches?

Er, whichever server Prodigal Guild end up on.

Magus falls :P

This server is now non existent I think. If it is then we'll update the thread as soon as possible saying what world we'll be on :) Do we want to go on a high population server or medium?

Also there will be a major overhaul of the guild structure we designed - We made it when we didn't really know much about GW2, or how the guild system works in comparison to GW1 + WoW and other MMORPG games, and now we see that its much harder to have such a structure and at the same time encourage large group gameplay because of how they designed it. (except in WvW). But we've came up with a good idea which means we all get to play together still :V Should I post it here or make a new thread?

EDIT: VMR beat me to it.. :P As I said, high population or medium population? 'Ring of Fire' was a highly populated one,

Edited by Dr.Minky

I wasnt able to play :( Since I was down in London last weekend.

Will you be playing on Magnus Falls when it launches?

Er, whichever server Prodigal Guild end up on.

Magus falls :P

This server is now non existent I think. If it is then we'll update the thread as soon as possible saying what world we'll be on :) Do we want to go on a high population server or medium?

Also there will be a major overhaul of the guild structure we designed - We made it when we didn't really know much about GW2, or how the guild system works in comparison to GW1 + WoW and other MMORPG games, and now we see that its much harder to have such a structure and at the same time encourage large group gameplay because of how they designed it. (except in WvW). But we've came up with a good idea which means we all get to play together still :V Should I post it here or make a new thread?

EDIT: VMR beat me to it.. :P As I said, high population or medium population? 'Ring of Fire' was a highly populated one,

I would choose a high population server .. i have some bad experience choosing low population servers in mmo's that suddenly loose a lot of players and you are screwed

Still that will not happen in GW 2 but yeah