Mr. Green Gaming

Spread the word

syncr0

First of all I wanna say I love this server and I have been looking for a server like this for a very very long time.

What I mean is:

- a clean spawn with no huge buildings, shops and crap = which means no 3 fps at spawn, like most servers.

- no unnecessary plugins like lockette, lwc, ..

- no plugins that screw up gameplay like mcmmo: this works with mining/battle/... 'levels'

It promotes being online a lot, which gives you an advantage. More online time = more levels

more levels = more damage. So Skill doesn't matter anymore. Which, sadddens me cause most server use mcmmo

And who likes getting owned by newbs just because they are online more than you (and therefor got more levels) anyways RIGHT?

- no big advantages for donators like extra teleports (/home /warp /tpa) which mess up the gameplay for non-donators.

I like donations are items like gold or iron, seeds. If people decide not to donate they can just choose to spend more time in the mines.

That is why, in short, I like this server. And with that in mind I though: why not advertise the server on minecraft forums and tell the community how great this server is. So I stumbled upon this topic on the official mc forums:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/217739-mr-green-minecraftnl-server-faction-wars/page__hl__left4green__fromsearch__1

The topic & its info old and outdated. It needs to be updated. Add some new screenies (like from sphere or rangers base).

If it gets updated I'll be sure to reply how great the server is.

This way more people will join, the server will be fuller

==> more players, more pvp, more raids, more fun, more donations ( and eventually more people buying 'Reserved slot' from the green coins store)

So in short:

1. (admin): update the topic

2. players: reply in it

Win-win situation!

Edited by syncr0
==> more players, more pvp, more raids, more fun, more donations ( and eventually more people buying 'Reserved slot' from the green coins store)

It also means more hackers. :/

Lol I wrote this to Syncr0, not Minky. I was writing it when Minky posted.

To be honest, would that really even help? Its not like every single fight is watched by an admin. And x-raying is only possible to see if the x-rayer has actually gotten a large amount of diamonds. If the new post on MCForums actually draws in a lot of players, then we are kinda fucked. I think we all know that a lot of the players that come in are hackers. Syncr0, you have a really good idea of drawing in more people to in order to get more money for the server, but to be honest, you haven't been on the server that long. We have gotten bursts of hacking every once in a while, and once you see how annoying it is, then you would've wished this never happened. I say that before this post goes up, we need to get at least 2 more ACTIVE admins. Having Awesomeo_5000 as a new admin is really nice, but I don't know how active he will be. I don't know, maybe he will play Minecraft TONS more, but well just have to wait and see. If we had like at least one admin on during the busy times of the server, then we would be set, but we don't. I think it would be good if there was about 1 admin per every so time zone area, that way, there would be an admin on at all times. The only problem is that Clavus is really picky with his Admin selection, which is a good thing. Maybe if there were moderators, it would be easier though. Moderators have a lot less powers than admins. They could be restricted even more by taking away World Edit, and other powerful powers like that. Also, they could only be able to temporarily ban people for lets say, about 3 days. That would make the server better, by far.

Minky, maybe if you played more, you could be a Moderator or an Admin.

Edited by Guest

X-Raying isnt the only problem the server has to offer. We can shed some light on the underground duplicators, like Sacrevy, or we can see extreme hackers, like middmartinj and his faction, TheMonkey's. Of course there are the spammers who are rarely encountered anymore, but we still face the threat of the cheaters stated above. I've checked Bukkit.org recently in search for new anti-hack plugins other than Anti-Hack and the NoCheat series. Some plugins I did stumble across though was the FoundDiamonds [FD] plugin which would be complimentary with our current Anti-XRay plugin. I guess with the new Mod API you could create even better AntiHack systems as the client and the server logic are now merged.

And corby, it has occurred to all of us other than you that the server needs more active admins. Yes, you do quite a nice job of cleaning up all the bullshit that goes on, but all that effort wasted for other hackers to turn around and say: "Well, hey - If I get banned, I get banned; let's just ruin other's experience before I get banned." Needless to say, two admins aren't enough.

And corby, it has occurred to all of us other than you that the server needs more active admins. Yes, you do quite a nice job of cleaning up all the bullshit that goes on, but all that effort wasted for other hackers to turn around and say: "Well, hey - If I get banned, I get banned; let's just ruin other's experience before I get banned." Needless to say, two admins aren't enough.

There are 4 admins, Clavus, Darkstar, Awesomeo_5000 and myself. We've just taken on Awesomeo so I doubt Clavus wants anymore for quite a while. As for what hackers say, isn't that generally what they are all like?

Whilst I may not be on the game 24/7 I keep a look out on the bans/unbans section at least twice a day. So if you report a hacker, I will see it and deal with it quickly.I am also available through PM. If you PM me I'll get an email to my phone and if I'm around my laptop I can deal with it.

I think we have a larger problem with people being suspicious of every man and their wolf being hackers - I think the actual amount of people that hack is around 10-20 times smaller than people say. Often with Minecraft the case is if they're better than you they're hackers.

I'm moving back from uni on Saturday, and will have more time for MC straight away. When the new map comes out I will be on a fair amount to get some projects underway. Until then, I wouldn't sit and worry at night about the MC server not having at least one admin on at all times, as you would be surprised how intricate the xray plug in is, and with the move to more sophisticated anticheat plug ins, we'll hopefully see a reduction in abuse.

Syncr0's idea is great, and I commend him for it. Whilst we might bring in a few hackers we also might bring in some good guys. I don't think I've seen the server above 50 lately, so more numbers would mean more people to raid :)

Whilst I may not be on the game 24/7 I keep a look out on the bans/unbans section at least twice a day. So if you report a hacker, I will see it and deal with it quickly.I am also available through PM. If you PM me I'll get an email to my phone and if I'm around my laptop I can deal with it.

I think we have a larger problem with people being suspicious of every man and their wolf being hackers - I think the actual amount of people that hack is around 10-20 times smaller than people say. Often with Minecraft the case is if they're better than you they're hackers.

I'm moving back from uni on Saturday, and will have more time for MC straight away. When the new map comes out I will be on a fair amount to get some projects underway. Until then, I wouldn't sit and worry at night about the MC server not having at least one admin on at all times, as you would be surprised how intricate the xray plug in is, and with the move to more sophisticated anticheat plug ins, we'll hopefully see a reduction in abuse.

Syncr0's idea is great, and I commend him for it. Whilst we might bring in a few hackers we also might bring in some good guys. I don't think I've seen the server above 50 lately, so more numbers would mean more people to raid :)

It's not the server isn't popular, people have stopped playing because they heard word of a map reset. People go all out in there raids and quit afterwards 'till the map reset. Happens every time.

Well I don't know how long you've been around after your sabbatical. But I'm talking for the majority of this map, after the first couple of weeks. This is in direct comparison to when we first upgraded the server and I had to sit clicking refresh 20x just to get on. I guess most of our regulars are banned.

Gameplay defining Info which can and may be added in the minecraft forum post:

(I thought I'd help you a bit, but you might wanna change this a bit, I'm not that good at writing)

The server IP is: play.minecraft.nl and it is located in the Netherlands, Europe.

Site is www.minecraft.nl/

Forum can be found at http://forums.left4green.com

There is faction plugin and

each person has 8 power max, but -2 power minimum, so it's a lot harder to be claimed by your enemies.

There are more than 5 factions with more than 15 players, so you'll find a lot of competetion

There is a livemap at: http://www.minecraft.nl/map so you can find everyone on the map

So there is always a pvp battle or raid around the corner if you want one!

Map is a circle with border at +- 4k (see livemap)

Duping & cheat or any other mods or clients that give an advantage are forbidden.

There is noCheat & a anti-pvplog plugin (so less cheaters & no pvp disconnecting in battle)

TNT (& creepers) do not explode on faction land when all its members are offline.

So no one can raid your base in the middle of the night when everyone of your members are sleeping!

Donators options:

- There is a way to convert your faction to a peaceful faction.

For this you'd have to show some support and donate a small amount (around 5 euros). This money goes to the server upkeep!

Peacefull factions players dont take do damage or take damage BY players

and land cannot be tnted, creepered or claimed: much like safezone)

- There are other stuff you can get for donating, like a reserverd spot on the server (so you can always connect; even if the server is full),

some items (food items, iron, all seeds, starter kit with basic tools..).

But there are no big advantages given to donators (donators CANNOT get diamonds or high enchanted items or extra teleports).

So in short: fairplay, a lot of factions, a lot of players, a lot of competetion and a lot of fun!