Mr. Green Gaming

PVPlog abuse

Iasper

So first of all, sorry for this topic not really looking professional, but this is just something I wanted to report. Despite there being a plugin against PVPlogging that kills players when they log back in after disconnecting in the middle of a fight, this plugin is sometimes abused, usually at raids. When you are raiding someone, they log out right before they die, but their items don't drop until they reconnect. They then check the dynmap and don't reconnect until they see you're gone, so they die but still can easily pick up their items so the others can't get them. This has happened quite some times (Immortal, Trollz, etc.) and it's getting pretty annoying because they're still PVPlogging, although they're losing power. There are other anti-PVPlog plugins that kill the player upon disconnecting (not upon reconnecting) so the killer still gets their deserved loot, so it might be a good idea to check plugins like these.

This has been mentioned a lot before. We used to use a different plug in (combat tag) but it became self aware or something and stopped working. Hopefully when minecraft moves to the new modding API it will provide a bit more stability and cross computability between plug ins.

In the mean time, the dynmap cloak (ninja perk in GC store) is a huge help. Especially if you only use it tactically. You can get it for a donation of 3 euros, and it will last long after robots take over the world and make us their slaves.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

This has been mentioned a lot before. We used to use a different plug in (combat tag) but it became self aware or something and stopped working. Hopefully when minecraft moves to the new modding API it will provide a bit more stability and cross computability between plug ins.

In the mean time, the dynmap cloak (ninja perk in GC store) is a huge help. Especially if you only use it tactically. You can get it for a donation of 5 euros, and it will last long after robots take over the world and make us their slaves.

I totally agree, 3000 green coins and it stays for ever! WIN!!!!!!!!

(and robots??? You mean transformers?)

Edited by Mrturbotrio

In the mean time, the dynmap cloak (ninja perk in GC store) is a huge help. Especially if you only use it tactically. You can get it for a donation of 3 euros, and it will last long after robots take over the world and make us their slaves.

Oh, I thought the world was gonna end when bath salts became more often - But that works too.

Prefer that to the zombie outbreak/lsd story. Certain bath salts are dangerous, there's a long list of weird stuff that people do on them.

One kid took them at home, walked into the kitchen where his dad was and stared out the window. He said he saw loads of police cars and started saying he didn't want to go to jail, and then grabbed a knife and slit his own throat. His dad cradled him as he began to bleed out saying help me what did I do etc.

It's long been a debated issue in congress, but the chemical configuration of the various legal highs make it difficult to issue control. Like duping on the Minecraft server :D

LOL, this just shows how easy it is to go offtopic with these things :D

ONTOPIC:

Can some admin answer this?:

how long do you have to wait after being hit, before you can disconnect, so the combat tagged disappears and therefore you can disconnect safely without dying on reconnect? Is it the default value? (10 seconds)

ONTOPIC:

how long do you have to wait after being hit, before you can disconnect, so the combat tagged disappears and therefore you can disconnect safely without dying on reconnect? Is it the default value? (10 seconds)

EDIT: Read it wrong. Thought it was "how long do you need to wait before you can log on again"

Edited by Wessel Kompier

ONTOPIC:

Good question actually. To be honest I think it is like 30 - 60 secs or so. Couldn't be longer.

As far as I know there is no difference between disconnecting while combat or after combat. I mean, if you disconnect because you must go, but before that like 20 secs ago you were hit, you disconnect and after like 10-15 minutes the tag on your death disappears (which is bad IMO), should be at least 30 min or more so the players could at least get the loot after the logger connects again in 5 or so min.

By the way, I agree with 1st post. There must be some plugin that drops the loot after the player disconnects if it was in combat, 10 seconds cooldown.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Another thing, before a PVP takes place if an enemy leaves he should not be able to attack for 1 minute.

Because if Enderpearl glitchers like to take advantage of logging in and out and phasing through walls, they should be handicapped.

Good idea Shawk wern twunty. Would it be possible to configure the PVP plug in to infinity? What's the point if I can just log out, go for a cup of coffee and then come back and carry on like normal? Man I wish we had combat tag back :(

Clavus have you tried combat tag recently? We've moved to a few more stable builds of the other plug ins like factions, so it could be an idea to give it a go.

a couple points on this-

1 - im not sure if this IS combat tag although i dont think it is but there is a much better combat logging pluging that instead of killing the player upon reloging , or logging it drops an npc of the player for a short time if they have recently been hit, this way when someones been home or has finsihed the raid and then has to rush off after the combat has stopped they dont die.

2 for now can u please give us the exact details of what time we have to wait and what triggers the kill as recently iv been killed after combat, when id killed someone and after they were dead waited a small while then logged out and was killed upon death loosing all my good items D: (enjoy the sword discord)

3 a minute would be way to long to not be able to fight, what happens when someones waliing along hits a lag spike, relogs and then is attacked after about 20 seconds...

For those interested in knowing how the plugin works:

Combat tag (link to source @ bukkit *clickme* )

How it works:

Combat tag makes it impossible to pvp log!

When a player is struck by another player, combat tag logs it in its log.

If one of the players logs off within 10 seconds (time can be changed) of being struck, combat tag comes to play.

Combat tag makes it so that if the player logs off within the ten second field, he spawns an NPC with the same inventory/health as him.

The player that was attacking then can attack the NPC, and the same is done to the logged off player.

If the player kills the NPC, the player that logged off in combat is also killed, and drops everything in their inventory.

If the player causes damage to the NPC, the player that is logged off also takes the damage (including armor).

Video Demonstration:

Hope this hold up :)

Edited by syncr0

Does this new plugin trigger if you attack someone right after they log in, but before the invulnerabilty from logging in wears off? Like, if he/she logs in, you attack them 2 seconds later, and then they log off again while still being invulnerable?