Mr. Green Gaming

Green Coins in Minecraft; Do something to get them

well as much as id be happy to earn gc, and maybe the rare ,or atlest occasional tournament for gc would be ok ( although i do like the idea of rewarding those who report hackers/dupers) we want the server to keep running and for it to keep running we require donations, and if everyone can run around and get thousands of gc just for playing a bit then no one wil lwant to donate or atlest not nearly as much which will lead to a poorer server which means it wont be as good.

In Infected Wars a human gets 1 gc for killing a zombie and a zombie gets 3 gc for killing a human. A good player will get, on average, about 30 zombie kills and 2 human kills in a round, totalling up to about 36. Rounds often take around 8 minutes on average.

Do something similar in minecraft. GC for killing someone depending on their equipment value. Simply give a value to their best sword in their inventory, best bow in their inventory, and then their equipped armour. Then translate that into a GC value which will then be given to the person who got the kill.

So not only do players receive over powered loot, but they can further boost their abilities by buying the better perks?

At this point as Corby said the only viable options are voting or manually handled transactions. We could tie it to XP, but if we put that into place we'd need measures against things like the end spawner.

No no no, silly! Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. The killer will receive the GC! A person must kill someone and the victim's GC is transferred to the killer! Sorry for not explaining it well enough.

But then people that have actually done us a favour and donated are getting raped out of their coins all for some little twerp that has no clue what a green coin is to log off and never play again.

well as much as id be happy to earn gc, and maybe the rare ,or atlest occasional tournament for gc would be ok ( although i do like the idea of rewarding those who report hackers/dupers) we want the server to keep running and for it to keep running we require donations, and if everyone can run around and get thousands of gc just for playing a bit then no one wil lwant to donate or atlest not nearly as much which will lead to a poorer server which means it wont be as good.

In Infected Wars a human gets 1 gc for killing a zombie and a zombie gets 3 gc for killing a human. A good player will get, on average, about 30 zombie kills and 2 human kills in a round, totalling up to about 36. Rounds often take around 8 minutes on average.

Do something similar in minecraft. GC for killing someone depending on their equipment value. Simply give a value to their best sword in their inventory, best bow in their inventory, and then their equipped armour. Then translate that into a GC value which will then be given to the person who got the kill.

it would be so easy to exploit that, eve unintntially. the entire conecpt of killing in a raid to claim revloves arounf spawn killing and this would basically just become farming gc

I considered this deeply, I don't think it's even worth consideration though, I instantly came across many problems. Some being:

What happens if you kill a guy with 0 GC?

Why should those who have GC risk losing it to those who have none?

Couldn't you farm off multi accounts? (Considering you don't steal GC, just get it as a kill reward)

Couldn't people trade kills?

It's simply TOO exploitable, like I said before.

So not only do players receive over powered loot, but they can further boost their abilities by buying the better perks?

At this point as Corby said the only viable options are voting or manually handled transactions. We could tie it to XP, but if we put that into place we'd need measures against things like the end spawner.

No no no, silly! Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. The killer will receive the GC! A person must kill someone and the victim's GC is transferred to the killer! Sorry for not explaining it well enough.

But then people that have actually done us a favour and donated are getting raped out of their coins all for some little twerp that has no clue what a green coin is to log off and never play again.

Now I feel that you're not understanding. I never said that the person who died loses GC, only that the person who kills him gains it.

I considered this deeply, I don't think it's even worth consideration though, I instantly came across many problems. Some being:

What happens if you kill a guy with 0 GC?

Why should those who have GC risk losing it to those who have none?

Couldn't you farm off multi accounts? (Considering you don't steal GC, just get it as a kill reward)

Couldn't people trade kills?

It's simply TOO exploitable, like I said before.

1. I never mentioned the loss of GC, I don't know where people are gettign this from.

2. See (1.).

3. No, not if my understanding of Ipv6 is correct. Heck, even with IPv4! And it's entirely possible to make large delays on single characters to prevent such acts. And the amount of GC gained vs farming a character once every few hours or so would have to be balanced to make it less appealing. Though this is a good point.

4. No, people aren't that trusting. It is entirely likely that someone will say "let's trade kills" then kill you and make off with your stuff. No one with half a brain would take that risk. (and those who would are the people exploiting the brainless. So they'd just make of with their stuff anyway).

Remember, we're talking low amounts of GC. Like 50 GC for someone with max protect full diamond armour, maxed out combat enchant sword, maxed out combat enchant bow.

But you do bring up good points.

1. I never mentioned the loss of GC, I don't know where people are gettign this from.

2. See (1.).

3. No, not if my understanding of Ipv6 is correct. Heck, even with IPv4! And it's entirely possible to make large delays on single characters to prevent such acts. And the amount of GC gained vs farming a character once every few hours or so would have to be balanced to make it less appealing. Though this is a good point.

4. No, people aren't that trusting. It is entirely likely that someone will say "let's trade kills" then kill you and make off with your stuff. No one with half a brain would take that risk. (and those who would are the people exploiting the brainless. So they'd just make of with their stuff anyway).

Remember, we're talking low amounts of GC. Like 50 GC for someone with max protect full diamond armour, maxed out combat enchant sword, maxed out combat enchant bow.

No, your still not getting it, people could give others there alts and keep killing them over and over. It is too exploitable and will never happen in this way at least.

*Quote Rapgage*

Now I feel that you're not understanding. I never said that the person who died loses GC, only that the person who kills him gains it.

Ah, my confusion lay in the bit about transferring from the victim to attacker. It would be one of the more complex and exploitable ways. I know of people that duped together (from totally different factions) when we had the issue with our custom pvp logging. Thick as thieves :)

It'd be nice to see how you guys feel when we get the events up and running. And if Clavus thinks rewarding ban reports is a good idea we can hopefully start to bring the GC economy to the server properly.

2. See (1.).

I don't think you've played minecraft.nl long enough to understand what players would to for an upper hand in the Server's Society. Also, it would be a pain in the ass to link all the Green-Coin gains to the item's gather, then to the player killed to confirm you just don't throw your shit on the ground and pick it back up. I have two alternate accounts and this would be extremely easy to farm if I remotely gave a shit. Also, people would trade kills for GC, probably all day at the least, and it doesn't take a lot to die in MineCraft.

I give away greencoins for quests and stuff. Info can be found here.

I have a mac it cant do screen shots :P

Actually, Macs can do screen shots. I know because I have one, the way to take screen shots on a Mac is the exact same way that you would do it on a Windows or other PC with just one extra step in the equation. Instead of just pressing the F2 button (like you do on a PC) you must first hold the function button (looks like fn) and then press F2. The combo looks like this: fn+F2.

*if that doesn't work then you just have a screwed keyboard or something... derp. :/

There will be too many exploits to farm thousand and thousands of GC in minecraft.

There are some options though,

1/ Earn GC whilst helping the server

200GC: Ban appeal

700GC: Duping exploit

300GC: Selfmade-Server trailer

50/100GC: Creating a topic on the official minecraft forum (only if allowed)

20GC: Voting on the server (every day = worth 20 GC)*

(there could be more options here)

*It is possible to automatically give rewards to the people who voted.

Edited by Sacrevy

I like the voting idea though, or just make it like every vote is worth 10 diamonds & 10 GC, its's a very populair way to get this server close to top ranked. (people will vote daily, and the more people come , the more people will vote daily)

(people won't vote unless they get something for it)

Edited by Sacrevy