Mr. Green Gaming

Green Coins in Minecraft; Do something to get them

I was thinking, I understand that you can donate and get Green Coins for ALL games, but there should be a way to earn Green Coins in MINECRAFT! I mean, it's a little unfair that you'd have to buy other gmes to get Green Coins. There should be a way to get Green Coins on this server by eliminating enemy factions, getting a certain amount of GC depending on how much stuff was on a guy, what you killed him with or if you killed a guy who was way more powerful than you, being a very powerful faction, having at least 30 people joining your faction, etc. I thought it could be like this because this is the only game in which you can't get GC in.

Organise more tournaments. I was thinking about a PvP tournament every friday 19:00. And then just like the spleef arena, with iron armor and a diamond sword and 3 golden apple in the gear up room. So that the PvP battles are based on skill and not on enchantments. You can see who's the most skilled pvp'er. And there can be team fights 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 etc.

That would be awesome and when you win the tournament you earn 2000 GC or something else <_< . Maybe awesomeo could host those tournaments cause he's very active and i think he would enjoy doing it.

Edited by oogappeltje

I think more tournaments as mentioned just above, but you could either make them rare with a bigger bonus, or smaller prizes but more frequently, personally I like the latter as it means you've always got something to look forward to at the end of the week.

Plus I've seen the stuff you've been organising and I think some more mini-games would be cool, weird carnival games like shooting targets (paintings) from a long distance and stuff and getting your stuffed teddy/5gc or whatever equivalent prize.

I give away greencoins for quests and stuff. Info can be found here.

I have a mac it cant do screen shots :P

Macs handle screenshots better than windows... pressing cmd shift 3 takes a full screenshot and saves it to the desktop, cmd shift 4 lets you select a specific area to screenshot.

Details.

In regards to the tournaments, there will be more frequent ones starting next map, once we get the arena up and running :)

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I give away greencoins for quests and stuff. Info can be found here.

I have a mac it cant do screen shots :P

Macs handle screenshots better than windows... pressing cmd shift 3 takes a full screenshot and saves it to the desktop, cmd shift 4 lets you select a specific area to screenshot.

Details.

Does it? Thanx and u have a blue name finally yay!

Reporting hackers & dupe glitches is a great idea for a reward!

@about duping

But this time please...don't post the duplication or any popular hack abuse on a public topic. Seriously. That's advertising and only makes it worse. The admins should be pm'ed for this (& admins should delete topics about duping if any make it).

well as much as id be happy to earn gc, and maybe the rare ,or atlest occasional tournament for gc would be ok ( although i do like the idea of rewarding those who report hackers/dupers) we want the server to keep running and for it to keep running we require donations, and if everyone can run around and get thousands of gc just for playing a bit then no one wil lwant to donate or atlest not nearly as much which will lead to a poorer server which means it wont be as good.

well as much as id be happy to earn gc, and maybe the rare ,or atlest occasional tournament for gc would be ok ( although i do like the idea of rewarding those who report hackers/dupers) we want the server to keep running and for it to keep running we require donations, and if everyone can run around and get thousands of gc just for playing a bit then no one wil lwant to donate or atlest not nearly as much which will lead to a poorer server which means it wont be as good.

In Infected Wars a human gets 1 gc for killing a zombie and a zombie gets 3 gc for killing a human. A good player will get, on average, about 30 zombie kills and 2 human kills in a round, totalling up to about 36. Rounds often take around 8 minutes on average.

Do something similar in minecraft. GC for killing someone depending on their equipment value. Simply give a value to their best sword in their inventory, best bow in their inventory, and then their equipped armour. Then translate that into a GC value which will then be given to the person who got the kill.

The amounts I'm talking about wouldn't (and aren't) be substantial. Maybe 100 for a ban report, 500 for a dupe report. If for example you wanted cloak you'd need to submit evidence that leads to 30 bans, which to be fair if anyone did that they deserve the damn cloak.

No offense, but I don't think you have a good idea of how valuable GC really is. When you put into perspective, using my statistics from a few minutes ago from IW, a good player will spend an average of 27.8 hours in game to earn the Cloak...

In Infected Wars a human gets 1 gc for killing a zombie and a zombie gets 3 gc for killing a human. A good player will get, on average, about 30 zombie kills and 2 human kills in a round, totalling up to about 36. Rounds often take around 8 minutes on average.

Do something similar in minecraft. GC for killing someone depending on their equipment value. Simply give a value to their best sword in their inventory, best bow in their inventory, and then their equipped armour. Then translate that into a GC value which will then be given to the person who got the kill.

So not only do players receive over powered loot, but they can further boost their abilities by buying the better perks?

At this point as Corby said the only viable options are voting or manually handled transactions. We could tie it to XP, but if we put that into place we'd need measures against things like the end spawner.

So not only do players receive over powered loot, but they can further boost their abilities by buying the better perks?

At this point as Corby said the only viable options are voting or manually handled transactions. We could tie it to XP, but if we put that into place we'd need measures against things like the end spawner.

No no no, silly! Maybe I didn't explain myself properly. The killer will receive the GC! A person must kill someone and the victim's GC is transferred to the killer! Sorry for not explaining it well enough.