Mr. Green Gaming

How To Get Greencoins By Playing Minecraft!

post-6154-0-32077500-1340011422_thumb.jp

Hey guys,

So the first, and most useful way you can get greencoins is by donating. The money from these donations go on to improving the server, and making your minecraft experience better. So not only do you get to buy the perks, you invest in new hardware and help cover the running costs.

But I appreciate that not all of you have a payment method to use, so I've decided to introduce a few ways to get them without needing to pay.

Starting from today, any player that does any of the following will receive green coins in game.

Bump the minecraft.net forum topic. - 25gc (can be repeated, but not by putting irrelevant posts or consecutively posting. Limit of 1 post per 48 hours) When you bump the topic, send me a personal message with your minecraft forum name and I'll send you your gcs.

Submit a ban request with solid evidence, leading to the banning of a hacker. -150gc (Video evidence, with obvious hacking. It has to be in the linked topic, and has to be in the correct format to receive the reward)

Duplication reporting - 500gc (The first person to report an unpatched dupe to me via personal message or in game via /tell)

I'm going to trial this with my remaining coins, if it takes off I'll try to increase the rewards a bit with backing from Clavus. If not, you all can't complain there's no way to get gcs in minecraft :D

Edited by awesomeo_5000

Awesomeo. I told you that 150 is far too many Green Coins for something like the ban of a hacker. You need to take into account the face that it's in the accusers best interests to report the hacker in the first place. You are, essentially, rewarding something that they do for their own benefit.

That does not mean I do not support a reward. By all means, please give one! But 150 is a huge amount of Green Coins when you consider how difficult they are to earn.

As for the 500 GC for reporting a new dupe, I am ok with. Simply because discovering a dupe method is a permanent help for the whole server. In fact, I'd actually support giving more to possibly motivate people who already dupe as well.

EDIT: Also, won't this become (mostly) obsolete when we make the peaceful faction and start hosting events?

Edited by Frizzy

It's coming from my pocket. What I'm trying to do is encourage more users to use programs like Fraps to back up their 'OH MA GOD THEY HACKINGS ME'. Because if every guy that said that recorded, we'd a) have less genuine hack reports when they rewatch and realise the person isn't hacking and B ) more actual hackers banned when a spontaneous kill aura is found or something.

How long would it take you to get 150 gcs on TF2 or IW? The way I see it is that those games are running 24/7. At any time you can log in and kill some people and earn some coins. But on Minecraft you'll have to dedicate time to running fraps and hunting hackers which may or may not pay off. Whilst it benefits the server to have less hackers, people tend not to focus on the needs of the many. MC players are rather capitalist in that respect. But if they're lining their own pockets maybe we'll get more people participating.

My coins will only last so far, by which time the events will hopefully be hosted. But keep in mind it will take a decent time to build the arena, so we're looking at at least a month until we can get events going. In the mean time, I'd like to use my own personal coins to hopefully get more people interested in helping the server out.

150 coins doesn't really get you a lot. It's 15 cents. It would take a person 20 successful hack report videos to get the cloak for example. I think anyone that does that deserves the perk, personally.

Redgander, I am very grateful for your dupe report, and as a good will gesture I'll send some coins your way (I was going to anyway, but you hadn't registered your green coin account at the time) if you get registered and what not here next time I'm in game (Won't be until Wednesday night now) I'll send you some :)

If anyone's struggling with registering for a green coin account, there this tutorial.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

It's coming from my pocket. What I'm trying to do is encourage more users to use programs like Fraps to back up their 'OH MA GOD THEY HACKINGS ME'. Because if every guy that said that recorded, we'd a) have less genuine hack reports when they rewatch and realise the person isn't hacking and B ) more actual hackers banned when a spontaneous kill aura is found or something.

How long would it take you to get 150 gcs on TF2 or IW? The way I see it is that those games are running 24/7. At any time you can log in and kill some people and earn some coins. But on Minecraft you'll have to dedicate time to running fraps and hunting hackers which may or may not pay off. Whilst it benefits the server to have less hackers, people tend not to focus on the needs of the many. MC players are rather capitalist in that respect. But if they're lining their own pockets maybe we'll get more people participating.

My coins will only last so far, by which time the events will hopefully be hosted. But keep in mind it will take a decent time to build the arena, so we're looking at at least a month until we can get events going. In the mean time, I'd like to use my own personal coins to hopefully get more people interested in helping the server out.

150 coins doesn't really get you a lot. It's 15 cents. It would take a person 20 successful hack report videos to get the cloak for example. I think anyone that does that deserves the perk, personally.

Redgander, I am very grateful for your dupe report, and as a good will gesture I'll send some coins your way (I was going to anyway, but you hadn't registered your green coin account at the time) if you get registered and what not here next time I'm in game (Won't be until Wednesday night now) I'll send you some :)

If anyone's struggling with registering for a green coin account, there this tutorial.

From your own pocket? Well crap. Now I'm torn between offering to help you pay and earning the IW medic suit D:

Also; it will take a good IW player, assuming all games played are per average score, about an hour. It will take most players about 3-4 hours, though.

Bumbed the minecraft-forum topic.

I do know this isn't the topic where you should get more ideas to earn greencoins, altough getting some diamonds and greencoins a vote is a very nice way to promote the server and get it close to top-ranked.

The way to use this, is using Votifier.

It'll let the game know who voted and you can set up a reward to those who voted daily

(xp levels , diamonds, iron, greencoins)

Bumbed the minecraft-forum topic.

I do know this isn't the topic where you should get more ideas to earn greencoins, altough getting some diamonds and greencoins a vote is a very nice way to promote the server and get it close to top-ranked.

The way to use this, is using Votifier.

It'll let the game know who voted and you can set up a reward to those who voted daily

(xp levels , diamonds, iron, greencoins)

Yeh I saw this a while back and is something I think we should really push to do.

I have been registered for weeks now. I have a green coins account and have things like cloak and backpack. Maybe there is confusion because my forum name is Nonam82 and my MC name is RedGander. Glad to help :D