Mr. Green Gaming

LRG witch Hunt

Dear Awesomeo,

I don’t know if this is some sort of witch hunt that is being pushed by Discord, but these actions against the faction LRG is ridiculous. Your claims that we duped anything hold no water because if you look at our entire inventory you would find minimal support considering what we have endured.

All the obby has been fairly mined using the combination of coding errors bought to minecraft thanks to Jeb, (red stone, water, lava) and the silly enchanting system. Combine that with a truly amazing obby generator designed by me that is super fast and efficient, and a person that has too much time to waste on this server, you get a obby sky base consisting of thousands of obby.

Redgander was falsely banned for using a coding error on the MrGreenGaming part, that many people and factions are aware of, and was most likely abused so much due to an End Portal monopoly that made the factions that had them grossly overpowered in more than one way. You said that we have stacked potions, yet I have never seen any in the faction and have only been a victim to them (*Cough* Discord).

You also said that the many of our resources were duped, and really why would we dupe more pointless diamonds and gold? Duping is an issue and CNC and neighboring factions are to blame for the overabundance of diamond blocks/god swords on the server. When they, and several other factions were in full production, the stuff passed around like herpes in High school. Whenever we killed someone and got stacks of tnt/diamonds/ and what not, we burned it. Little is lingering around but considering the vast amount we have come across its silly to assume we are dupers. And we are not going to burn the god swords when everyone else has them and we can’t compete. *Side note*Remove sharpnesses above 3, its ruining pvp when in full diamond you die in 3 hits.

People also assume we have unlimited supply of protection IV armor, which is again, wrong. We have little and more often than not, none, and this is simply a result of good fighters winning fights against bad fighters. Any pieces that we do have are a result of a brilliant xp farm designed by none other than ME.

One last point. Considering the system this sever has for banning players, its it funny how many large and once powerful factions are gone? Literally all that really seems left in terms of lasting size and power are LRG and Discord. I assume then, we are pretty fair factions, in terms of third party client abuse. If I recall correctly I think we have only had one noob member banned. And I say good riddance, we self police and try to make this server better for everyone in terms of fairness, as evident by the activity on reporting hacks and getting the real problems removed.

I may seem passionate about this issue but I feel like due to my actions, I have made LRG significantly more powerful, and therefore, somewhat responsible for the accusations.

Sincerely,

Concerned citizen of MrGreenGaming Minecraft

Dear Awesomeo,

I don’t know if this is some sort of witch hunt that is being pushed by Discord, but these actions against the faction LRG is ridiculous. Your claims that we duped anything hold no water because if you look at our entire inventory you would find minimal support considering what we have endured.

All the obby has been fairly mined using the combination of coding errors bought to minecraft thanks to Jeb, (red stone, water, lava) and the silly enchanting system. Combine that with a truly amazing obby generator designed by me that is super fast and efficient, and a person that has too much time to waste on this server, you get a obby sky base consisting of thousands of obby.

Redgander was falsely banned for using a coding error on the MrGreenGaming part, that many people and factions are aware of, and was most likely abused so much due to an End Portal monopoly that made the factions that had them grossly overpowered in more than one way. You said that we have stacked potions, yet I have never seen any in the faction and have only been a victim to them (*Cough* Discord).

You also said that the many of our resources were duped, and really why would we dupe more pointless diamonds and gold? Duping is an issue and CNC and neighboring factions are to blame for the overabundance of diamond blocks/god swords on the server. When they, and several other factions were in full production, the stuff passed around like herpes in High school. Whenever we killed someone and got stacks of tnt/diamonds/ and what not, we burned it. Little is lingering around but considering the vast amount we have come across its silly to assume we are dupers. And we are not going to burn the god swords when everyone else has them and we can’t compete. *Side note*Remove sharpnesses above 3, its ruining pvp when in full diamond you die in 3 hits.

People also assume we have unlimited supply of protection IV armor, which is again, wrong. We have little and more often than not, none, and this is simply a result of good fighters winning fights against bad fighters. Any pieces that we do have are a result of a brilliant xp farm designed by none other than ME.

One last point. Considering the system this sever has for banning players, its it funny how many large and once powerful factions are gone? Literally all that really seems left in terms of lasting size and power are LRG and Discord. I assume then, we are pretty fair factions, in terms of third party client abuse. If I recall correctly I think we have only had one noob member banned. And I say good riddance, we self police and try to make this server better for everyone in terms of fairness, as evident by the activity on reporting hacks and getting the real problems removed.

I may seem passionate about this issue but I feel like due to my actions, I have made LRG significantly more powerful, and therefore, somewhat responsible for the accusations.

Sincerely,

Concerned citizen of MrGreenGaming Minecraft

Dear Concerned Citizen of MrGreenGaming Minecraft,

Sorry, but in what way is one member banned and another one week banned a witch hunt?

I think you guys are misunderstanding my intentions here.

... I'm not picking on your faction, I'm not trying to disadvantage you. I'm just trying to grasp back a bit of the balance we had on the server before the duplication started...

... I just hope you realise it isn't and never will be personal and I'm only doing it to try and help the server....

Let me explain to you what I do. Whilst on the server I /tp randomly to players and simply observe. I watch people on raids, I watch them when they think they're alone in the base, I've even witnessed two people performing what can only be described as a sex crime on a bed. I don't tp to everyone, but rather just a handful of players that are moving across dynmap near other factions, or stationary in their base.

One of these happened to be Redgander, he was gearing for a raid so I sat back and waited for him to head off. At this time I unfortunately saw him dupe ender pearls. Now I was stuck with what to do here, I honestly didn't know was 'right'. So I asked in the IRC channel something along the lines of 'Just seen a guy duping pearls, should I ban him?'. Darkstar, global admin and crime fighter extraordinaire told me I should (it involved some sort of advanced ban hammer fired from space). I therefore banned RedGander. Now I know it's a commonly exploited dupe, and I know RedGander is a decent enough guy that as far as I can tell doesn't use hacks so, at my own discretion, I labelled it as a 7 day ban and thought that was a decent compromise.

Now, a lot of you people I don't really know very well. But I have been visiting your base for a rather long time, and noticed how it's developed. Coincidence or not (I genuinely don't care at this point) your obsidian base sprung up amidst the duping spree. I really have wasted enough keystrokes on this topic already, so I'll keep it short and sweet: I've replaced obsidian bases before, I don't hunt witches let alone single factions and I don't have any issue with you guys. If anything I like quite a few of your members (Redgander included). But unfortunately it is my role as server admin to discipline foul play.

My earlier call may not have been the best in your eyes. But as I said in the quote I just want to have the server nicely balanced and try to put the duping behind us. I guess once a dupe emerges the map is forsaken, but I'm the type of guy that has to try something before I believe it's impossible. Apologies if my actions have come across as discriminative of the LRG clan, it just happens that there tends to always be a member of yours online, and they are always either raiding someone or sitting in their base talking.

The human brain is wired in such a way that it finds patterns in things, in all aspects of life. What has been maybe three events over the past few weeks may seem like a witchhunt to you, but if you look at the bigger picture your faction is really just a drop in the ocean. I keep my banlist public and updated regularly and I'd challenge you to find any sort of negative bias towards LRG on there.

I'm not the type to think I'm always right and that's the reason I changed your base back. So please if you do have any concerns just stick them in the server issues thread, it will keep things consolidated and I will definitely get round to reading and replying. If you want to talk more personally you can either catch me on IRC, steam or by personal message on the forums (if I'm available I'll reply pretty swiftly).

I hope this letter servers to quell your complaints and helps in some way.

Yours sincerely,

Awesomeo.

Edited by awesomeo_5000

I would like to say it is VERY hard to know what is duped and what's not when you raid a lot. I have burned MANY stacks of diamond blocks that I considered duped (for instance 6 stacks of diamond blocks raided by me from Cnc). I only kept diamond in individual raids if I got them in smaller numbers. We have been accused of having gold iron and diamond blocks scattered around base. I'm not sure where they are but I do have some on my little room. I used about 16 diamond blocks each of diamond, gold and iron on my house. That is completely reasonable. I have about 50 blocks of legitimate diamond. When you consider all those stacks of duped diamond blocks I burned from CnC and other factions, that is pretty minimal. Also, Discord has admitted to having OVER four stacks of diamond blocks, maybe that should be looked into first. And iron and gold are easier to get.I have close to 2 stacks each of iron and gold blocks. It seems like a lot, but consider: a) Why the hell would we dupe that when we don't use it?!?!? b. We don't use it so it builds up c) Even newb factions have a little iron and gold when they don't have diamond, so there is a lot more of that. As for duped TNT-- I don't even HAVE FRICKIN TNT!

My ban- I'm not saying my temporary ban was unreasonable. I shouldn't have made those ender pearls, and that was stupid of me. I appreciate your support Monkey but I was in the wrong. But I will say that there are many players that abuse it and most of the server seems to have ender pearls even though almost no one goes to the End. That should be fixed pronto.

Duped armor is ridiculous. Why would we dupe prot. I and II or plain armor when we have some prot. IV ?!?!?!? I mean, I use mostly prot. I, but I DO also have a prot. IV set, just one set. In raids it is hard to know what's duped. You kill a lot of people and you don't have time to look at durability while your fighting. If they duped their armor it is not easily noticeable and it dumped in a chest at base with the rest. I simply spend many, many hours grinding to get what few good enchants I have. Since I've been with LRG I've grinded mobs to get level 50 an average of 3 times a day. As for duped swords: Everyone these days is running around with a sharp IV/V knockback II fire aspect II sword.... very hard to compete with that when EVERY newb or enemy has it.

Thank you Monkey.

PS Why are half the replies Discord laughing at us?

Edited by Nonam82

You're preaching to the choir here. I know you're a newer player so, take this how you will. But Rangers used to be among the best factions of the server and we've handled more duped items and hack accusations than you would care to know about.

Now, I'm going to continue watching players, your faction included. But 95% of people I watch are just innocent players having some fun. As long as you guys stay on the right side of the moral line there will be no action taken and there will be no illusion of a witch hunt.

I'll say it again if it wasn't clear. Sorry for hastily replacing your base, it genuinely wasn't done with malicious intent and I tried to be as analytical as possible to gauge whether I should take action. My gauge wasnt configured properly but I made sure I could easily undo it if I had to. I'm still new to being an admin and I guess it'll take me a little while to figure things like that out. Sorry your faction took the burden of it.

You're preaching to the choir here. I know you're a newer player so, take this how you will. But Rangers used to be among the best factions of the server and we've handled more duped items and hack accusations than you would care to know about.

Now, I'm going to continue watching players, your faction included. But 95% of people I watch are just innocent players having some fun. As long as you guys stay on the right side of the moral line there will be no action taken and there will be no illusion of a witch hunt.

I'll say it again if it wasn't clear. Sorry for hastily replacing your base, it genuinely wasn't done with malicious intent and I tried to be as analytical as possible to gauge whether I should take action. My gauge wasnt configured properly but I made sure I could easily undo it if I had to. I'm still new to being an admin and I guess it'll take me a little while to figure things like that out. Sorry your faction took the burden of it.

All things considered, I am cool with you awesomeo and I am done venting. It's just really shocking when you find out your base has been labeled a dupe and removed, when you put so much time and energy into making it. All in all, thank-you for fixing it and being light on the ban hammer. Your actions on the server are making it better and more fun. And from your prospective I can understand the difficulty in making 100% correct choices regarding such complex scenarios 100% of the time. *I guess I should have labeled the letter "Dear Discord"*

"I just want to enjoy the server

And although Discord is starting to make things too warm

I have no further intentions of rocking the forum,

Although it's becoming a bit of a distraction

Because - like their name suggest-

Discord has no such concerns for our faction."

10 imaginary cookies for whomever knows where that is from ;) *some words were changed

I have something I need to confess! Well first off, I wrote this GIGANTIC HUGE MUDDER FUCKIN essay on what im about to summarize. Then I sneezed and my hand pressed the refresh button. So im gonna summon this thing up fast!

Okay, So LRG Folk, You know Rasta right? Ya, ok so hes nice and hes my friend! And he is in LRG. Hes actually more than my friend, He IS ME! Thats right! Im RASTA! I thought it would be cool to see from both sides of the argument, and shit like that. I found out that LRG isnt that bad, and Discord is nice too.

One more thing, this is important! BOTH LRG AND DISCORD DO NOT HACK IN ANY WAY, OR AT LEAST WHAT I HAVE SEEN! SO PLEASE STOP BEING DRAMATIC STUBBORN KIDS AND START BEING NICE. Ive been on this server longer that most of you. By this I do not mean that I have spent countless hours on the server, I mean I joined WAY BEFORE you all. I know ive been on longer than pretty much all of Discord and ALL of LRG. Heck the only people who have been on the server longer than me are the Greenies, Top Crew, and all of Mungol. Thats right! you are all newbs compared to me! :P Well back on topic, Ive seen this kinda thing happen more times that you have counted. You guys just need to say Good Fight! and enjoy your day!

PS Why are half the replies Discord laughing at us?

Because you all say that Discord somehow pushed Awesomeo to do this.

Typing isnt as fun on your birthday :C

Edited by Guest

BOTH LRG AND DISCORD DO NOT HACK IN ANY WAY, OR AT LEAST WHAT I HAVE SEEN! SO PLEASE STOP BEING DRAMATIC STUBBORN KIDS AND START BEING NICE.

Because you all say that Discord somehow pushed Awesomeo to do this.

Typing isnt as fun on your birthday :C

It's war, war never changes and they will use anything they get their hands on.

Oh wait, it's just minecraft

On the other hand, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

And last, if someone reports you why give a sh*t if you know its not true.

It's a "Witch hunt" because LRG and Discord are enemies. In war like this, people do anything they can to make their enemies fall to them. So I think this shouldn't be a matter where you have to report this on the forums. Not to mention, lots of people on the server are immature and idiotic because they have no idea what they are doing or saying. So I suggest that LRG and Discord get this problem away from the forums and start fighting as enemies. It's amazing how much effort people put into this...