Mr. Green Gaming

Infected Wars Downfall - Adding as a trailer?

Hello Greenies, I've ended up the Infected Wars trailer today, it is an amazing gamemode that is played by our members and the people out there. The problem is...

The problem is that the server is diing again, and I don't want that to happen again. The only cure so far, is to make a trailer.. I came up with this idea like, 4 months ago. I've planned how the video would be and ended up with this.To make it official, I need to ask you if you want to make it as OFFICIAL TRAILER or UNOFFICIAL TRAILER.

The voting rules are:

-If you approve, say ''Approve''. If you don't approve, say ''No''.

-Comment your opinion, don't be rude or too ''sexy''.

Thanks. Here is the trailer...

The lack of smoothing really irks me. The camera is very jittery and awkward. I also have a number of suggestions to improve it such as-

• Make 1:50-2:00 jump a scene every beat. When using music as a prominent feature in a trailer you need to time the video ith it. So, to clarify, 1:50-2:00 need to be actions based scenes which jump between each other beat by beat.
  • The music change at 2:29 is very, very bad. It ruins the mood completely, you should keep the soundtrack going.
  • Change the text and icon. I understand it's a Mr. Green server. But we're advertising IW, not Mr. Green. Also, change the font. I could make a picture for you to swap it with no problem.

I will talk to you on steam about a bunch of other things and quirks I have as well as a few more ways it can be added to and improved.

This isn't to say the trailers bad! I really enjoyed it, but anything less than perfection for this trailer will make me cry.

So, I'm sorry but... No.

Edited by Frizzy

I haven't played this gamemode but here's what I'll tell you about the trailer:

• It appears you're playing HL2.. that means you can use the demosmoother. Why didn't you? It looks so so so ugly when the camera's just juggling around in zigzags.
  • The trailer was too long in time.
  • • The trailer didn't really explain much about the gamemode. Try doing the following:
    - Show the coolest features the gamemode has
    - Add text like "See the invisible" or whatever (that eye thing that made the zombie come clear)
  • Fit the music better to the video
  • Use gameplay gunsounds and stuff. Makes it much more better if you show gameplay clips.
  • Make the video 1280x720 (you currently have black borders on left and right)
  • Add more effects to the video. If you're not good then don't overdo it but something like a Curve Map, playing around with the levels and some effected Gradient Maps go a long way in catching the eye.

That's all I can think of right now. So even though I haven't played this thing.. I suggest not using this as an official video.

Edit// Here's a good example

Edited by Bandit

I haven't played this gamemode but here's what I'll tell you about the trailer:

• It appears you're playing HL2.. that means you can use the demosmoother. Why didn't you? It looks so so so ugly when the camera's just juggling around in zigzags.
  • The trailer was too long in time.
  • • The trailer didn't really explain much about the gamemode. Try doing the following:
    - Show the coolest features the gamemode has
    - Add text like "See the invisible" or whatever (that eye thing that made the zombie come clear)
  • Fit the music better to the video
  • Use gameplay gunsounds and stuff. Makes it much more better if you show gameplay clips.
  • Make the video 1280x720 (you currently have black borders on left and right)
  • Add more effects to the video. If you're not good then don't overdo it but something like a Curve Map, playing around with the levels and some effected Gradient Maps go a long way in catching the eye.

That's all I can think of right now. So even though I haven't played this thing.. I suggest not using this as an official video.

Edit// Here's a good example

-link exempt-

I agree with everything here that isn't crossed out.

As for the whole "see inviible" thing we could show that through visual cues, which is far more profesional.

Thought it was alright, I'd just say make it smoother, I didn't like the made by Clavus Elite bit in the middle I thought that could have gone at the end and I think the footage should be some sweet ass moments, not really just a bones jumping around failing to hit anyone :/

But pretty good to start with, just make the changes made in the posts above :>

Thought it was alright, I'd just say make it smoother, I didn't like the made by Clavus Elite bit in the middle I thought that could have gone at the end and I think the footage should be some sweet ass moments, not really just a bones jumping around failing to hit anyone :/

But pretty good to start with, just make the changes made in the posts above :>

Will do.