Mr. Green Gaming

Source Film Maker

MiF

Didn't see thread for this yet, only one news post by bot so I decided to make this for everybody who is doing clips with new SFM and also for discussion.

Let me start. Done with those 11 tutorials on sfm site and in 3 hours :V. Didn't bother to upload to YT because 1. it's just that tutorial clip and 2. It's crappy

The video

Tool itself is cool compared to other video making / 3D manipulation programs out there. Needed some time to get used to but those tutorial videos explained pretty much everything. Didn't make animating/posing much easier tho :V

Your turn! Go go go

Edited by MiF

Can't judge your work as I couldn't try out SFM myself yet, but I like it :)

I will get more into this thread after I'm finally able to download SFM :| I'm actually really into animating

I used to do lots of lip syncing stuff with flash animations too, really I just want this to play around with sound design and try and create some cool stuff :>

Edited by Dr.Minky

I will get more into this thread after I'm finally able to download SFM :| I'm actually really into animating

I used to do lots of lip syncing stuff with flash animations too, really I just want this to play around with sound design and try and create some cool stuff :>

Lipsyncing with SFM is piece of cake. It has this script/program to detected different letters from the speach (can be something else than normal TF2 voice etc) and generate face animation based on that. All you need to do is some fixing there and there and bam, you have pretty good or at least decent lipsync animation. Of course you can animate it yourself if you want to tho.

Lipsyncing with SFM is piece of cake. It has this script/program to detected different letters from the speach (can be something else than normal TF2 voice etc) and generate face animation based on that. All you need to do is some fixing there and there and bam, you have pretty good or at least decent lipsync animation. Of course you can animate it yourself if you want to tho.

Neat, lipsyncing is a pain in the ass anyways

MiF probably pirated it, since I can't see his name on the list of "FRIENDS WHO OWN THIS GAME" :V

Naughty boy.

Anyhow, I'm still busy with the tutorial. The puppetering part is extremely annoying to learn, one mistake and you can start spamming Ctrl+Z.

Still have to learn rigging, locks, lipsynch and lightning.

post-312-0-66661300-1341651127_thumb.png

MiF probably pirated it, since I can't see his name on the list of "FRIENDS WHO OWN THIS GAME" :V

Naughty boy.

Anyhow, I'm still busy with the tutorial. The puppetering part is extremely annoying to learn, one mistake and you can start spamming Ctrl+Z.

Still have to learn rigging, locks, lipsynch and lightning.

post-312-0-66661300-1341651127_thumb.png

Shhhhhh!.... Okey maybe I pirated it, but it works like a charm etc (and it's going to be free anyways, so is it that bad? :V )

Whole time selection thing is rather confusing. It's all logical and simple, but it differs so much from regural keyframing that I can't get good hang of it.

A few hours of following the tutorial and adding some stuff of my own to it. (Hats)

Couldn't really be bothered to pose the pyro that much.

Now it's time for my own videos :V

And no, the video barely makes sense but that's the tutorial I guess.

Pretty good for first clip I must say. Those dem hats and that blue strip on Scout's head (hat I guess) :D

Does it work for any other source games too? or just TF2?

So far only TF2, but you can import models etc from HL2 too. I bet there will be ways to use other source games too in future.

You can also import models from Dota 2, as a friend of mine did a video of Windrunner on Granary.

Hmm well yeah. I don't know what would prevent you from importing other source models since they all use same system, but they added some extra stuff from TF2 with the SFM.

Also found that video you are talking about :V

Edited by MiF

You can't import replays, but I think you can import demos.

EDIT: Practising movement when a character is speaking, still looks a bit amateur no matter how much I tweak it.

It reminds me of the talking heads from Fallout 1 and 2.

post-312-0-05947600-1341684519_thumb.png

Finished it, Dawn Of War 1: Soulstorm references anyone?

Edited by Hundred2

It'd be weird if you can import demos but not replays. They're the same thing! Replays are just complete demos send from the server.

I could look into it tomorrow, but since I don't really give a shit about Replays I won't.

:V

I do have to figure out how to import those demo files.

Shameless video promotion edit: For those who missed my last page edit.

Soulstorm references, anyone?

This took far longer than I expected.

Edited by Hundred2