Mr. Green Gaming

New zs map :D

Just don't make ONLY the warehouse. Make something around it, where you can walk n' stuff.

well atm its like a few buildings which u can see from the courtyard, and a carpark.....

tell you what ill get a screen, and im thinking of making it accesible :D

Well i've done a house in my map and the city that is protected by glass from the infected house

do something like mine

ive already started mine, i want an idea now for how the infection got there :3

and ive opened up the outside of the warehouse :D

make prop_static zombies and make kinda "entry" to map

that is blocked

or closed...

btw do it :D :D :D

and can u tell me how to make prop_physics work?

mine dnt work properly :L

When browsing for world model, check the "Info" tab to see if the model fits the entity.

Eg. Dynamic = prop_dynamic, unless you wanna like override.

I just put an entity prop_physics and then find "World Model" and choose a prop i want. To find the props easily i just remember the name of props. To not make props same color add skins to em. In "Skin" write numbers from 0 to 3. Those are skins.

I wonder how to make invisible skin :S

If you carve a sphere in a torus, then your screen will turn invisible. That comes close.

make the door of the warehouse closable for 1 time and then let the control break with an explosion and the door opens to the half. :D

sounds like a good idea ^^

ill get some screens now!

its hardly done atm, and the lighting needs to be done better as most of them are there to test the map ;)

also, please bear in mind that this is my FIRST zm map, so if you can tell me the entity names for zombie spawns and stuff it would be apperecitated :gmod:

first screens, its no where near done,

theres a 4 lvl elevator.

the zombies spawn in a tunnel under the warehouse room (pictured) the hole is where the red light is coming from :gmod:

the sink thing is in the toilets which is on the second floor, the waters not so good in the sink and has been removed now, ._.

spot any bugs, problems or more/better ideas send a reply!

:3

ty all

post-323-1241365627_thumb.jpg

post-323-1241365642_thumb.jpg

post-323-1241365650_thumb.jpg

post-323-1241365693_thumb.jpg

a few more screenshots would be nice, like maybe one from a height, looking at the map in general, so that we can get a sense of how big/small it is??

yeah, its quite dark and mostly unfinished, i just got a few screenshots to give an idea of what the general map looks like ;)

i am working on it still and ill get some more screens soon

ty for comment :3

First map?

Then it's nice.

Map?

Then it's ok. But it's still in alpha i quess, so who knows.

Hints:

Using light? It's quite unrealistic. Use a combination of lights *light_spot, light_env, light, env_sprite ect* to create more real lightning. Also, I can't really quess what the map is about in those screenshots. I know it's a warehouse, and it looks like it, but if your already DONE with the warehouse as far as I see it, it probaly won't be a succesfull map. I usually make a top-down view drawing, and look at where people can camp, rush, ect. That really helps.

Edited by Botervloot
First map?

Then it's nice.

Map?

Hints:

Using light? It's quite unrealistic. Use a combination of lights *light_spot, light_env, light, env_sprite ect* to create more real lightning. Also, I can't really quess what the map is about in those screenshots. I know it's a warehouse, and it looks like it, but if your already DONE with the warehouse as far as I see it, it probaly won't be a succesfull map. I usually make a top-down view drawing, and look at where people can camp, rush, ect. That really helps.

as i said, its my first map and its hardly done yet, ty for the lighting help :3

and all i can say is im still working!

Judging a map by it's screenshots is a pretty stupid thing to do, I could make a 1 minute box room of a map look brilliant by taking a screenshot of it then editing it in photoshop a little by adding some effects to it. This map could be amazing and the screenshots were just taken at random around the map which would make it appear bad.

I'd think of screenshots as more of an advertiser of a map, and to indicate map progress rather than something to base judgement on (for the reason I listed above)

First map?

Then it's nice.

Map?

Hints:

ill try to get a top down view, its kinda hard as the map is dark and multistorey, ill get some shots of some camping spots and stuff and see what you think.