Mr. Green Gaming

new map

xDerpina

Dear admins

THIS IS NONSENSE.

People ruling the map because of potionspamming and a nocheat that doesnt works anymore.

Like clavus said he will probably make a vanilla map next map is what this server needs because of this things:

No enchants: no godswords so fair pvp and only skils

No potions: starting a fight with a potion of poisen and 2 harming pots aint fun.

Dupe: if there will be a dupe you cant dupe things like prot IV armour or sharpness V swords.

But, things need to be fixed like this:

Nocheat: it sucks, people that are flying, vcliping, whatever stop it.

Lagg spikes: idk what happend but EVERY FIGHT IS LAGGY

Killing villagers: 1.3 new special future: villager trading: it is awesome and very usefull but it ALL the villagers get killed after one day it isnt fun and the villages will stay safezone and if your fighting nexp to a village people will be pussy and og to the safezone

Edit: if this will be comming give the server a map reset in like 2 weeks if that is possible

I hope you guys are with me

Grtz, xDerpina

Edited by xDerpina

Dear admins

THIS IS NONSENSE.

People ruling the map because of potionspamming and a nocheat that doesnt works anymore.

Like clavus said he will probably make a vanilla map next map is what this server needs because of this things:

No potions: starting a fight with a potion of poisen and 2 harming pots aint fun.

Dupe: if there will be a dupe you cant dupe things like prot IV armour or sharpness V swords.

Killing villagers: 1.3 new special future: villager trading: it is awesome and very usefull but it ALL the villagers get killed after one day it isnt fun and the villages will stay safezone and if your fighting nexp to a village people will be pussy and og to the safezone

Edit: if this will be comming give the server a map reset in like 2 weeks if that is possible

Grtz, xDerpina

Sounds like a good idea, but I haven't played MC before pots or enchants so I can't say I know it's better.

I agree that the lag spikes and killing villagers is very annoying.

Dear admins

THIS IS NONSENSE.

Grtz, xDerpina

Not all the villagers are dead. If you ask around you might find someone that knows where they are ;)

I partly agree with you, xDerpina. What's bad with the current enchanting is that only the good factions get godswords and good protection armor because they're the only ones who get enough people at the pressure pads at the enchanting place. But I don't think we should remove enchanting from the server, just make them easier accessible for everyone and maybe remove the best enchants like Prot III and IV + Sharp IV and V. This has been suggested earlier and will make the enchanting more fair in my opinion, without making more people leave the server because of enchanting being removed. Without enchanting, all you'll have to do to get the best possible equipment would be to get full diamond, something that isn't too hard to get (especially for xrayers who'll get it at the very start of a new map).

About the potions, I'd love to see something being done to the offensive potions. I'm not talking about weakness or slowness and such, just the poison and harming. Well, mostly the harming ones as poison isn't a big problem if you have milk. The problem with it being that it requires almost no skills at all to kill people with a Harming II, even people who would outskill you in melee. I did this a few times myself on the pre-contest faction wars map, and it was way to easy to kill diamond people with it. THis is especially destructive if you don't have any enchants at all, since 2-3 will kill anyone in unenchanted armor. So my wishes would be if at least the Harming II potions were removed to reduce potionspamming. I just hope potions won't get removed completly as they're a fun addition to the game in my opinion.

Edited by Arild_

Dear admins

THIS IS NONSENSE.

Grtz, xDerpina

I agree with all xDerpina's points, and then some.

I feel like everyone is feeling the same here, and a lot of points have been risen. My main concern is how much damage has been done to the player base. After four terrible maps (The duping map, Build contest, gorilla, and now this) why would anyone really want to play, or come back to this server. If I wasn't in Janitors, I wouldn't be playing at all. And when the server is struggling to stay around 30 people and its 7000 blocks in diameter, raiding is stupid. It takes 30 minutes to get to a base with people in it only to sit outside because there is no fair way to get in.

The lag is ridiculous, it has never been this bad. You can't fight, barely build or mine. I don't know if its worse for non-Europeans but its border line unplayable.

I will add some suggestions.

Why not let players be able to claim villages. This safe zone area is annoying and leads to all villagers being killed. If a village could be claimed and the villagers protected by a caring faction, there would be more on the map, and more to fight for. I can't stand how safe zone are used currently.

Enchanting. The trickiest of all subjects. The current system is silly and does nothing but create a larger gap in enchants than there ever was before. I just want to see all Protections over 2 gone, all sharpness over 2 gone. Please don't touch tools. High level protection armor is too easy to get if you have a system and too hard to deal with if you are unequipped. I remember having 14 levels of protection on my armor and walking into a base with 8 people, most in full diamond. I killed them all, got full inventory of diamond armor and continued onto next base. There was no skill, you just can't die. It ruins the game.

There needs to be a way to raid a base. Some way to siege it. Maybe tnt needs to be Buffed so it can destroy water cubes. Allow enderpearls back. Maybe even something crazy, such as, if a raiding player stands on a piece of claimed land for X amount of time, he is allowed to break blocks on it. If they leave that chunk, timer is reset.

Also I would like to say in light of all the terrible ideas, the public end was a silver lining.

Unfortunately the client developers have really stepped up their game with anti-cheat plug in work arounds, and that level of effort hasn't been met by the plug in developers yet. I agree with some of the points in the thread, but not all. There definitely needs to be something done but I think going back to pre enchantment days is the wrong way to go.

All we realistically need is the recent changes reversing. No safezones except spawn, a smaller world size, no teleporters, just more frequent map changes. At least until we get our player base back. I think it would be good to get into a scheduled map change. For example, on the first day of every other month. That way it's transparent and everyone know's what's what.

We haven't trialled the nerfed enchanting system yet. I think that's one thing we're all forgetting. You can get up to level thirty in about 5-10 minutes now and that means everyone will have access to the higher enchantments. Personally, I don't agree with the higher buffed enchants (like I never mention it) as it draws out combat and makes it less dynamic and challenging. And I get the feeling that with this new system everyone will be running around with protection IV and sharpness fireaspect IXM (9000?). That's either going to return the balance or kill pvp even more, if it's the latter we can do something about it.

Potions are part of the game. They're going to be part of the game from here on out, and after we are all long bored of Minecraft the new players will be wondering where the heck the potions they know and love have gone to. The only real problem that rises here are people stacking them, and that's something every server suffers from. I wonder if there's anyway to restrict the amount of potions you can use/throw within a timeframe, for example you can only throw one every three seconds. I'll have a root around bukkit but if not perhaps it's something Clavus can custom code.

The villagers are a bitch but the solution's already been proposed and I don't see why it's not active already - sell villager spawn eggs on the green coin shop. It's an obvious route in my book.

So yeah in summary, we don't need to remove anything from the game just yet. We just need to move back to basics, improve the greencoin store and hopefully implement some of the community suggestions, and then wait for the feedback.

posion can be healed by milk. which is how to resist it.

and removing enchants and potions would make the server suck. there still skill required and everyone can get enchants easily.

there are no need for ender grinder (except for pearls) and the system is balanced. lets hope clavus keeps enchants and potions. or atleast makes a vote about it.

Dear admins

THIS IS NONSENSE.

Grtz, xDerpina

I agree with all xDerpina's points, and then some.

I feel like everyone is feeling the same here, and a lot of points have been risen. My main concern is how much damage has been done to the player base. After four terrible maps (The duping map, Build contest, gorilla, and now this) why would anyone really want to play, or come back to this server. If I wasn't in Janitors, I wouldn't be playing at all. And when the server is struggling to stay around 30 people and its 7000 blocks in diameter, raiding is stupid. It takes 30 minutes to get to a base with people in it only to sit outside because there is no fair way to get in.

The lag is ridiculous, it has never been this bad. You can't fight, barely build or mine. I don't know if its worse for non-Europeans but its border line unplayable.

I will add some suggestions.

Why not let players be able to claim villages. This safe zone area is annoying and leads to all villagers being killed. If a village could be claimed and the villagers protected by a caring faction, there would be more on the map, and more to fight for. I can't stand how safe zone are used currently.

Enchanting. The trickiest of all subjects. The current system is silly and does nothing but create a larger gap in enchants than there ever was before. I just want to see all Protections over 2 gone, all sharpness over 2 gone. Please don't touch tools. High level protection armor is too easy to get if you have a system and too hard to deal with if you are unequipped. I remember having 14 levels of protection on my armor and walking into a base with 8 people, most in full diamond. I killed them all, got full inventory of diamond armor and continued onto next base. There was no skill, you just can't die. It ruins the game.

There needs to be a way to raid a base. Some way to siege it. Maybe tnt needs to be Buffed so it can destroy water cubes. Allow enderpearls back. Maybe even something crazy, such as, if a raiding player stands on a piece of claimed land for X amount of time, he is allowed to break blocks on it. If they leave that chunk, timer is reset.

Also I would like to say in light of all the terrible ideas, the public end was a silver lining.

I didnt agreed with derpina's post, (because I like enchanting and brewing) but this one is good. Other than the part about tnt breaking water or being about to break blocks after an amount of time, you raise some valid points, all of which I think everyone would like/ wouldnt mind seeing implemented.

- Remove the enchanting and brewing towers

- Remove high level enchantments (on swords, no need to nerf pickaxes)

- Keep peaceful factions, but revoke peaceful status if they abuse it for raiding purposes

- Make it slightly easier to raid people? (my suggestion would be, instead of restricting power, say your power can only go X amount above your claimed land or something)

- Sort the lag out

List so far, other people change/add/discuss from that if you want

Something I'D like to see implemented is a way to get through water bases. It makes raiding too boring, since theres literally nothing you can do except either somehow get in the faction to grief it or be a hacker - its boring as fuck. Maybe a GC item that allows you to remove water in a 1 chunk radius for 30 seconds or something

- Keep peaceful factions, but revoke peaceful status if they abuse it for raiding purposes

- Make it slightly easier to raid people? (my suggestion would be, instead of restricting power, say your power can only go X amount above your claimed land or something)

- Sort the lag out

Something I'D like to see implemented is a way to get through water bases. It makes raiding too boring, since theres literally nothing you can do except either somehow get in the faction to grief it or be a hacker - its boring as fuck. Maybe a GC item that allows you to remove water in a 1 chunk radius for 30 seconds or something

true

and mathijs, stop acting like a king

its not ure server..

its my oponion about no pots and stuff

- Sort the lag out

true

its not ure server..

My opinions aswell, and since this is a community based server everyone can say what he thinks is best and can discuss other peoples opinions, unless you don't live in a country with democracy.

- Sort the lag out

true

its not ure server..

My opinions aswell, and since this is a community based server everyone can say what he thinks is best and can discuss other peoples opinions, unless you don't live in a country with democracy.

I think we should remove the minecraft server completely.

Actually It was a lot more peaceful before Minecraft came along.

You could say that about most games but were would you be with out games, just a question. With most games comes problems and hackers also cocky players but most of these problems can be solved well besides the cocky players :) Having a vote won't really solve anything because some people will be like yes my problems are solved however other people may be like ah look they caused a problem. I agree with Mathijs plain vanilla minecraft no removing of anything unless it is way to over powering or being exploited. And some faction's complain that is it difficult to get good enchants but really it is not that hard any more getting to level 30 which is the max level now takes around 5-10 minutes and by having plain vanilla minecraft you won't need 4 people to enchant to level 30 just some bookshelves job done. Bad enchant well get back to the mob grinder or get back to mining and re try.

1 yes the lag need s to be fixed i struggle to even play on the server these days because of it but i think its because of the update (since i know other servers who have suffered from the lag since it) and hopefully mojang will fix this. really we should just bring back enchanting tables in bases with easy xp anyone could enchant and it would make it fairer and more like standard minecraft, as with the brewing, as its no fun carrying all your ingredients across the map so in turn less people do it and the people that do become way overpowered. i dont understand why you all have a problem with 'normal' minecraft wich is what were playing. people ply minecraft because they like minecraft and want to play minecraft, so why change the server. it was fun before when you could enchant an dbrew in your base and it never really caused that much trouble for people so i call to bring it back to how it was before the build competition. the ONLY thing that i think really needs to be changed from the way minecraft is if there was some way that you could bring the xp system back to how it was before the last update.

-also selling villager spawn eggs , good idea 1 major problem, DUPING

-also selling villager spawn eggs , good idea 1 major problem, DUPING

Sure there's that. But that's a factor with everything. As soon as a dupe is found the server's wrecked, hundreds of diamonds and fully enchanted gear roam around so why should eggs be any different? If anything seeing 10,000 villagers running around is a warning sign that there is a dupe that's exploitable.

my_world_is_changing_and_i_dont_like_it_trollcat.jpg

All I'm hearing is

"One part of this system doesn't work to well so I think we should backdate a game to what it was like half a year ago instead of using the games full potential, making a select few people happy and alienating the rest of the servers population even more than they already have been"

Maybe instead of just suggesting to scrap the entire system because you think its slightly unfair, suggest reasons why so that people can communally come up with solutions to those problems - like removing certain potions and enchantments - Instead of just saying "It's not fair"

[/i-Think-I-Made-My-Point]

Selling villager spawn eggs sounds like a great idea

Edited by Dr.Minky