Mr. Green Gaming

FTL: Faster Than Light

Clavus

Cuz this shit's addicting.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920115494462747988/2EC3533DD662895B52E28D04F34A7AE140A3D1B2/

FTL is a spaceship / strategy / micromanagement game. You manage your crew, ship, upgrades, weapons, drones, life support, doors, sensors, boarding parties, travel directions, quests, scrap (= money), etc. You fight other ships 1 on 1, in a battle of energy management and tactical targeting. Everything just fits together and allows for many different strategies. An all mantis men crew so you board your opponents to murder them on their own ship? Combining ion cannon with fire beams to disable their shields and set their systems alight? Swarm them with drones? Or gamble everything on a hail of laser fire?

You can play only one campaign at a time. You pick a ship, with a certain layout (every ship has two possible layouts, of which one you need to unlock). Campaign usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, unless you die early. Once you die you have to start all over. On your way through the galaxy sectors you'll run into different events every time. Almost everything is randomized.

Random Let's Play explaining mostly everything (he's pretty bad at it):

Yup this game is so addicting, only passed once so far on easy :V. It's really worth the 10€, I even paid 13€ to get the soundtrack.

It's funny how sometimes you get easy enemies in a row but all the sudden there is rebel elite fighter with 2 missile weapons and epic laser and drones and everything. It's just not possible to survive that xD

Edited by MiF

Yup this game is so addicting, only passed once so far on easy :V. It's really worth the 10€, I even paid 13€ to get the soundtrack.

It's funny how sometimes you get easy enemies in a row but all the sudden there is rebel elite fighter with 2 missile weapons and epic laser and drones and everything. It's just not possible to survive that xD

If you pay for it on their website through the Humble Bundle system, you get the DRM free version, Steam key and soundtrack for 10 dollars.

I got right to the end (on easy, admittedly), and jumped to a system but got stuck there. All it said was 'in range in 3, 2 etc' I had fuel, full engine power and a helmsman. And then it just timed out and I lost. >:( Any ideas what I did wrong?

Did you run out of fuel or something? If the boss gets in range of the base you lose.

You can pause it too which helps when lots is happening :V

I got right to the end (on easy, admittedly), and jumped to a system but got stuck there. All it said was 'in range in 3, 2 etc' I had fuel, full engine power and a helmsman. And then it just timed out and I lost. >:( Any ideas what I did wrong?

You have to kill the mothership you can see in the jump map. That's what was "in range in x" till it gets to base.

If you pay for it on their website through the Humble Bundle system, you get the DRM free version, Steam key and soundtrack for 10 dollars.

Well nuts :V. Kind of regretting that I didn't buy it since it's fun to play at school sometimes on Ubuntu.

Edited by MiF