Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft External Hosting subscription: want less lag? Help out!

Clavus

Clavus why not add donate by sms or something!!!?

I've looked into this before, and the main problem is that over 50% of the payment goes to the network operators and it takes over 6 months until we receive the actual donation. Especially when you're working with international phone services.

Clavus why not add donate by sms or something!!!?

moonenboy, on 22 October 2012 - 19:01, said:

If it was possible to donate by SMS. I could donate some money.

Ywa, on 22 October 2012 - said: I've looked into this before, and the main problem is that over 50% of the payment goes to the network operators and it takes over 6 months until we receive the actual donation. Especially when you're working with international phone services.

As some of you might've noticed I already rented an external server. Seeing as how nobody really warmed up for the subscription stuff, I figured I'd just pay out of my own pocket for the time being, at least until 2013.

The subscription will remain running though. If we can gather enough subscribers, it means we can upgrade to a larger slot server. Right now we're on 40 slots, of which 5 are reserved.

As some of you might've noticed I already rented an external server. Seeing as how nobody really warmed up for the subscription stuff, I figured I'd just pay out of my own pocket for the time being, at least until 2013.

The subscription will remain running though. If we can gather enough subscribers, it means we can upgrade to a larger slot server. Right now we're on 40 slots, of which 5 are reserved.

You could always post a goal sort of thing, those things always help

jdrf-thermometer-2535.gif?w=500

e.g. we need X euros to host the server, Y euros to upgrade the slots, etc.

Oh, and a clear list of benefits (however many / few) of what people will get for being subscribers.. Or at least recognition that theyre paying for everyone else to play (if they so choose)

Edited by Dr.Minky
  • 2 weeks later...

Changed the subscription stuff a bit. Target goals are now increments of 10 euros, and you can now directly subscribe using Paypal. Every time we have another 10 euros in the subscription, I can increase the server size with 10 slots (plus subscribers get unlimited reserved slot on top of the regular Green-Coins).

I'm not expecting many people to join in (expectations were pretty much shattered this past month) but now you know what we need before we increase the slot count :V