Mr. Green Gaming

MIssing Spawner

Kodauer

Today, we found a skeleton spawner beneath our base. It spawned a couple skeletons, and then all of a sudden it stopped doing so. We mined in and were surprised to find that the spawner wasn't there anymore! No-one mined it away. I'm pretty po'ed right now.

ANYWAYS, I also noticed earlier today that when we harvested carrots or wheat from farmed dirt, the dirt would disappear. That obviously didn't trickle my interest until the spawner disappeared.

I think it's a bukkit bug. Whenever a block is updated, it might delete itsself. This has happened multiple times with dirt, a spider spawner, and NOW a skeleton spawner.

I talked with several others and they confirmed they also experienced this bug (Spawner-wise)

Please do something about it and do something to replace the one we lost. Please.

-Kodauer

Can't see anything obvious on google. When I get on I'll do some testing and see if I can replicate the issue and dig around some of the bukkit bug reports.

As for replacing it, I'm not sure what good that will do until the bug has been fixed. As with any new version there are gunna be annoying quirks until the dev team can get things patched up, all we gotta do is wait :)

Today, we found a skeleton spawner beneath our base. It spawned a couple skeletons, and then all of a sudden it stopped doing so. We mined in and were surprised to find that the spawner wasn't there anymore! No-one mined it away. I'm pretty po'ed right now.

ANYWAYS, I also noticed earlier today that when we harvested carrots or wheat from farmed dirt, the dirt would disappear. That obviously didn't trickle my interest until the spawner disappeared.

I think it's a bukkit bug. Whenever a block is updated, it might delete itsself. This has happened multiple times with dirt, a spider spawner, and NOW a skeleton spawner.

I talked with several others and they confirmed they also experienced this bug (Spawner-wise)

Please do something about it and do something to replace the one we lost. Please.

-Kodauer

It happened to us twice to!!! and also to marcus6x6

Edited by MiddMartijn

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Now, what I really want to know is if We're getting them back, when a stable build comes out.

To make sure people aren't lying, an admin could take the world seed, tp to claimed spawner location, and see if it was truly there.

I hope this gets fixed soon

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue. Now, what I really want to know is if We're getting them back, when a stable build comes out.

To make sure people aren't lying, an admin could take the world seed, tp to claimed spawner location, and see if it was truly there.

That's a great suggestion, I was sitting here thinking of how to break it to you that I couldn't replace the spawners due to lack of proof they were there in the first place. :V

If we can figure out the cause, make sure it's not limited to our server, and get a fix I'll see what I can do :)

That's a great suggestion, I was sitting here thinking of how to break it to you that I couldn't replace the spawners due to lack of proof they were there in the first place. :V

If we can figure out the cause, make sure it's not limited to our server, and get a fix I'll see what I can do :)

So an expected replacement soon? :D That's be awesome! Glad to help.

So an expected replacement soon? :D That's be awesome! Glad to help.

Awesomeo and Clavus fixed it just now. Thanks. They used the "regen" World Edit commad.

If you lost a spawner and want it back, PM your faction name with a description of where your spawner was, and use some form of block to indicate the area (remember to tell me which block if it's not obvious)*. Lying won't do anything, as world edit only replaces what was there. If you waste my time I might ban you for a day and waste some of yours :D

*If this is a recurring thing I reserve the right to change this policy without any form of warning.

If you lost a spawner and want it back, PM your faction name with a description of where your spawner was, and use some form of block to indicate the area (remember to tell me which block if it's not obvious)*. Lying won't do anything, as world edit only replaces what was there. If you waste my time I might ban you for a day and waste some of yours :D

*If this is a recurring thing I reserve the right to change this policy without any form of warning.

But why wouldnt it work for our skelly spawner when you tested it?

I'm as clued up as you. When I regenned the area with Clavus and Kodaeur the dungeon respawned in all it's glory, there was a chest and a spawner, and mossy cobblestone to boot.

I'm not entirely sure why when I tried it on two other's it didn't work. I used exactly the same procedure so I find it odd to say the least. After the excitement of hackersgate last night I didn't get round to digging through the bukkit reports and I've got a busy day today :( But feel free to help me out :D

I'm as clued up as you. When I regenned the area with Clavus and Kodaeur the dungeon respawned in all it's glory, there was a chest and a spawner, and mossy cobblestone to boot.

I'm not entirely sure why when I tried it on two other's it didn't work. I used exactly the same procedure so I find it odd to say the least. After the excitement of hackersgate last night I didn't get round to digging through the bukkit reports and I've got a busy day today :( But feel free to help me out :D

You probably have to make sure your selection encompasses the entire area where the dungeon spawns. There is probably one corner block where it decides "here I place a dungeon" during the generation.

You probably have to make sure your selection encompasses the entire area where the dungeon spawns. There is probably one corner block where it decides "here I place a dungeon" during the generation.

So if we try to restore the default spawner room as it was built could you make an other try?

Or cant you check the world seed somehow?

So if we try to restore the default spawner room as it was built could you make an other try?

No the admin's WorldEdit selection just has to encompass the dungeon area.

No the admin's WorldEdit selection just has to encompass the dungeon area.

sooo if im correct you can try again?

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

The only logical reasoning I can think as to why it's not working as easy as it did last night is that (stick with me because I don't really know what I'm talking about)

Dungeons were introduced ages ago, before Mojang decided to code in 'structures' like mineshafts, villages etc. Therefore, dungeons are hard coded to a seed number. BUT, structures aren't. The minecraft world generator know's where to put the structures based on co-ords, but the layout and contents is randomised by the world generator totally independent of the seed.

So in effect if the spawner was found in a shaft, and i regenned the area, it knows that a mineshaft is supposed to be there but it randomises the layout meaning the exact same stuff doesn't get replaced.

This is all based on the fact that last night Clavus and I literally walked into Kodaeur's dungeon (an isolated dungeon, not a dungeon attached to a shaft), selected an area and typed //regen and it worked. With two other bases (TheMonkeys and Cruxis) it's not working, and they're both at mineshafts.

If anyone can find an isolated dungeon and let me know the co-ords I can do some more testing and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

@Clavus, just saw your other post about encompassing the dungeon. I've tried modest selections, large ones, even a whole chunk with no luck.

Edited by awesomeo_5000