Mr. Green Gaming

Map Resets

Chaimanner

Map  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have a map reset? Why?

• Yes. Everybody can start anew and I wanna beat the best factions first to the diamonds.
    • Yes. Those badasses have way too many diamonds and ender pearls!
    • Yes. The map is lame.
    • No. I didn't even get coal yet!
    • Eh, why not?
    • No. I am at war with another faction and want to finish.
    • Hell no. I don't wanna lose my hard earned diamonds!
    • Hell no. I don't wanna lose my duplicated diamonds!
    • Freakin' no. I don't wanna lose my X-Rayed diamonds!

I honestly do not see much point in a map reset. Sure, some factions are overpowered, but first off that's what can sometimes make the game fun and have more awepicness in it. Second, even if the whole map is blown to bits, it would make the game somewhat harder to play and easier if you know it like you know the back of your hand (hey, that pimple is new...). Why not keep a constant map when 1.5 comes out and only replace it if the map is too corrupted/overkilled?

Edited by Chaimanner

I honestly do not see much point in a map reset. Sure, some factions are overpowered, but first off that's what can sometimes make the game fun and have more awepicness in it. Second, even if the whole map is blown to bits, it would make the game somewhat harder to play and easier if you know it like you know the back of your hand (hey, that pimple is new...). Why not keep a constant map when 1.5 comes out and only replace it if the map is too corrupted/overkilled?

No offense but I hate that idea. In my opinion the point of map reset is to keep all the factions from holding up in a water cube with a stack of diamonds and pro4 armor. Plus its always interesting to get a new start on things. Need I mention that the current map has spawn covered in lava holes by creepers and griefers?

That's a lot of voting choices buddy, I'd lessen them for a more accurate answer.

Edited by _WhiteThunder_

The resets seem to be spaced much more than they have been in the past and serve many purposes. It reshakes the pecking order, gives fresh resources to mine, gives an opportunity for new base design and location and provides a nice fresh terrain.

Whilst at first the thought of a map reset caused annoyance, I found I almost waited for one because it meant I got to build again. I think the best way to make a good thing out of resets is to really invest time in your base design and make it creatively raid proof, not just the same water cube over and over.

It's also worth noting that one of my favourite maps in terms of enjoyment was when we had a relatively shitty mountain base. No water protection and no walls initially. We actually got raided a few times and it added more enjoyment to the game. Being raided is fun when you beat off (lol) the attackers so if you really think you've got enough skills to pay the bills, just rock a booby(lolol)-trapped mud hut and wait for the fun to come to you. Nothing is more satisfying than coming up with intricate traps and watching your agressors fall for them time after time.