Mr. Green Gaming

Earlier Map Reset

Kodauer

Hey,

Well, this map's slow. Pretty much every faction has quit except for a few. Can we have a map reset earlier? It would initially increase the player base, as everyone rushes to build new bases. This time, they might actually stay, because there's an updated anti-cheat plugin preventing hackers and the such.

Also, the next minecraft update focuses primarily on red-stone; I haven't seen any new blocks or terrain features that a 1.5 update would nullify a 1.4.5 map. We could just carry it through the update.

Additionally, this map's been up since September, almost three months. The outside of spawn looks like crap.

Again, this is just an idea input. We can let the server rot until 1.5, or maybe rejuvenate it now.

-Kod

Haven't been able to invest much time. Guess we'll start a new map soon. I suggest next Friday.

Submit your requests on what to do with the next map.

Completely understand dude, especially since you're in University (?). Next Friday seems good, but how about Saturday, since it's the "day after the world ends" and all :P. Plus people are out partying Friday.

My own suggestions:

1. /spawn command. Really doesn't matter, but people would fight more, raid more, etc. The more I think about it, the more I don't like it...

2. More opportunities for green coins, and an update to the green-coins shop. (more shopping options). Emphasis on voting for the server. It'll lead to more donations. >>>>Free advertising if people vote more<<<<<

3. BASIC starter kits. I'm talking like a stone tools set with a couple pieces of bread, so you're not slaughtered by mobs or hunger within the first ten minutes.

My ideas are probably crap but whatever xP... just don't make the server too plugin infested. Do whatever you had when the server was populated way back when.

I think you need a new admin, and concerning Mathijs, waiting to be told yes or no, really hasn't been on lately. The problem is it takes you guys like 4 months to think about this stuff, which is a long period of time, resulting in someone not wanting to play as much. You should just take 30 minutes and decide yes or no, as the person would still retain their fondness of the game instead of being approved 4 months later. Our admins don't really do squat, and it's not their faults (I have seen Whimplash on a fair amount). You need an admin who plays almost everyday.

Suggestions:

All of Kod's points were great, but also change the faction claiming system. When a new player comes on they want to claim but can't do anything, as it takes 3 players to claim land. Obviously this makes them rage quit, especially because I feel as many factions are closed to inviting new players, which is entirely their decision (just f owner everything).

In addition, add some signs that say what the server is about, like how every player has to be self-sufficient, or pair up as a team as a faction. Just tell them about factions in general I guess.

Server Voting:

Yea, you really need to stress this more Clavus. I have started to vote and it's amazing how many spots the server jumps in rank from one vote. So imagine if everyone could take a minute and vote...

Advertise (all of you)

Thanks

I think if there were one single thing easy to do about the server right now it would be to modify the Green Coins setup.

• Making the stuff in the Green Coins shops improved would encourage more people to vote/donate.
  • Awarding lot more Green Coins for voting (and perhaps focusing it to a couple web sites) would definitely improve voting. -Sometimes when I voted, even before the server completely died, it would often tell me I'm the only voter of the day.

I understand that donating is more of a direct benefit, but more voters = much more players = more donators.

Edited by Nonam82

I think you need a new admin, and concerning Mathijs, waiting to be told yes or no, really hasn't been on lately. The problem is it takes you guys like 4 months to think about this stuff, which is a long period of time,

If I recall from what was said in the past, admins are chosen in about 30 minutes, Applications are checked when Clavus/Ywa feel there is a need for admins in that area.

I can almost never get onto the server.. It always says it's down for me.

You probably have the old ip. Try server.minecraft.nl
When the server is reset, Will there be a possibility that we could download the map? I have spent allot of hours on the things that I have built on that server and i am quite proud of them.

You can download every map that's been played. Go to the minecraft forums, then to the "world backups." Edited by Kodauer

Requests for next map:

1. Smaller world size

2. /spawn or teleporters to spawn and every direction like in 1.2.5

3. Enable enderpearls

4. Remove public end

5. Set combat tag to not allow tp while tagged. ( will stop ppl from f homing in there own land.

6. Maybe a little better starter kit with some food.

7. More active admins

8. Adding better shipments like some diamonds and re adding the iron for green coins will encourage donations. Which hopefully leads to more slots and stronger cpu.

9. Advertise on planet minecraft will get more ppl on the server.

10. Giving more coins for vote will get more players to do so.

I think this would do the job, might be something more to add.

I really miss the good ol' days.

Edited by Marcuserkenfjord

Requests for next map:

1. Smaller world size

3. Enable enderpearls

4. Remove public end

5. Set combat tag to not allow tp while tagged. ( will stop ppl from f homing in there own land.

7. More active admins

8. Adding better shipments like some diamonds and re adding the iron for green coins will encourage donations. Which hopefully leads to more slots and stronger cpu.

Removing the public end would basically mean the X-rayers at the start of each map control the end portal.

Why is everyone a fan of enderpearl glitching? I really don't get it. I like how it is right now.

Requests for next map:

1. Smaller world size

3. Enable enderpearls

4. Remove public end

7. More active admins

Removing the public end would basically mean the X-rayers at the start of each map control the end portal.

Why is everyone a fan of enderpearl glitching? I really don't get it. I like how it is right now.

Its not that iam a big fan of enderpearl glitches, its just that when you disable pearls, its much easier to get trapped in someones lans without being able to do shit if your in a too small area.

And x raying for strongholds is a bitch move, but hey so is xraying for double/quad spawners like a massive amount of ppl already can. Id like to fight for the stronghold and i liked it way better back when for example discord had the end farm. I dont see why all these restrictions cant go, im tired of it, and the diffrence in players now and then says alot what others like about it aswell.

Requests for next map:

1. Smaller world size

3. Enable enderpearls

4. Remove public end

7. More active admins

Its not that iam a big fan of enderpearl glitches, its just that when you disable pearls, its much easier to get trapped in someones lans without being able to do shit if your in a too small area.

And x raying for strongholds is a bitch move, but hey so is xraying for double/quad spawners like a massive amount of ppl already can. Id like to fight for the stronghold and i liked it way better back when for example discord had the end farm. I dont see why all these restrictions cant go, im tired of it, and the diffrence in players now and then says alot what others like about it aswell.

Yeah I really hate public end, and the those reasons I think are why a lot of the players left.

I think you need a new admin, and concerning Mathijs, waiting to be told yes or no, really hasn't been on lately. The problem is it takes you guys like 4 months to think about this stuff, which is a long period of time, resulting in someone not wanting to play as much. You should just take 30 minutes and decide yes or no, as the person would still retain their fondness of the game instead of being approved 4 months later. Our admins don't really do squat, and it's not their faults (I have seen Whimplash on a fair amount). You need an admin.

Hey man, I'm in the middle of my exams, I'll be back thuesday. I think I forgot to change my description to "exams".

Anyway, I'm back soon

enderpearl glitching is awesome and fun, and makes raids easier rather then waiting for the enemy to come out and fight or not...

i think having a public end is better aswell.

Personally Ender pearl glitching annoys the heck out of me. Why bother building an extravagant base, when someone can just glitch in and kill you? Yeah, you can "ender pearl proof" your base, but every design has it's flaws. It seems to me the only way to make a 100% safe base is to make it underground. That's 1. ugly 2. pretty much un-raidable. "But Kod! aren't obsidan bases unraidable??" THey are, but very hard to. Someone glitched into my obby sphere the other day. Besides, if you spend the time mining obsidian, props to you. You deserve that kind of base.

A public end is best imo. no public end is like saying "Oh you're the first person on the server with X-ray? here you go, take an end portal." Newer players will have NO chance at getting pearls later in the game. What you have now is pretty good actually. You have to parkour down the portal which makes it harder than usual.

ok so i know its kinda a little late, the server having already reset and all but i thought id comment anyway.

gota say that there is no denying the servers dying, basically for a fwe simple reasons.

1 - not enough admins means hackers rule the server,even with nocheat people can easily hack ( trust me we tested it back in my admining days on another server)

2 - theres nowhere near enough advertising, no advertising means no players no players means theres no pvp which means even less players.

3 - all these changes to the server, this server is unique theres no other server that offers 'vanilla' style factions and because of this it attracted a specific crowd, and these chnages seem to be reducing that crowd. (this includes the end)

on the end, remove the public portal even if xrayers capture it first its not about the first to find it its about who hold it after the inital bloodshed, i personally loved fighting for the portals giving a much better goal in the server

enderpearls were still acessible normally and glitching IS GOOD because for once people were able to raid bases and people couldnt just sit down safely inside, this wasnt an issue before because the players were less educated in a sense many of them not knowing of base watering ect.

finally the worst thing you can do is add diamonds to t he shop, that just means donators will automaticaly rule the server rather than just recieving a boost. although the donation shop needs to be updated.

sorry for the long post -jelly

• 3 weeks later...