Mr. Green Gaming

Hackers, hackers, hackers everywhere!

deathbyexcess

Hi

I wanna state a fact here:

Left4Green is a quite big community, though their Minecraft server is controlled by lazy admins (I figured this after doing some research). These admins are way too lazy to catch x-rayers, nodus users and so on.

I wonder why nothing is being done against this. People from the faction 'TheMonkeys' simply admit their hacking cause no admin gives a single fuck. Why not give these 10 year olds what they deserve?

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Admins can't be in-game to babysit 24/7, the genereal stance on this is that It's players who are relied upon to make the hackers known to the admins so that something can be done about them so if you hink someones hacking thenake video proof and post it on the forums. As far as x-ray is concerned, those bans are Automatic.

As far as x-ray is concerned, those bans are Automatic.

Most players are aware of the plugin which works on mined diamonds...

they just use xray to find stuff underground, spawners, weak spots from bases etc.

Just put an admin on launch day of a new map above one of the end portals underground, see how many people you'll have banned

Edited by hulpje

It's funny how you rely on people recording hackers.

Theres not a single hour I haven't seen people accussing hackers about hacking.

As hulpje said, the x-ray plugin is indeed pretty useless.

Also the admins aren't here indeed for 24/7 if this server had nocheatplus and an admin checking those logs

you'd see how many warnings you'd get.

I agree that there are way to many hackers getting away with it, especially the xrayers who know their limits (not mining more than 15 diamonds a day etc.) But calling the admins lazy asses isn't helping either. I think we currently have nocheat on the server but that doesn't detect xray or forcefield (not sure about forcefield), and if it would who would ever want to read pages and pages of logs to find one hacker ? As for now, do as I've been doing for a long time, record everything and then report. You will loose some shit but nothing is more satisfieing than getting a hacker banned.

Hi

I wanna state a fact here:

Left4Green is a quite big community, though their Minecraft server is controlled by lazy admins (I figured this after doing some research). These admins are way too lazy to catch x-rayers, nodus users and so on.

I wonder why nothing is being done against this. People from the faction 'TheMonkeys' simply admit their hacking cause no admin gives a single fuck. Why not give these 10 year olds what they deserve?

Thanks for reading and have a good day.

We are just saying that we are hacking, because thats what you guys want to hear right? (saying you are hacking isnt ban able) also we arent 10years old.

If recording gets someone banned, please tell me why nielsbmx is not banned, I thought I had unshakeable evidence for that. After that incident, I haven't even bothered posting my hacker videos just because no one gets banned for hacking anymore.

It is frustrating indeed, neither do I can explain you why, but these decissions are all for the rest of the players' lives. Account permantly banned. They try to be as carefull as they can to not ban anyone that hasn't done anything wrong, and by doing this sometimes real hackers don't get banned, but as the proof stacks up it'll be more likely for him to get banned.

If recording gets someone banned, please tell me why nielsbmx is not banned, I thought I had unshakeable evidence for that. After that incident, I haven't even bothered posting my hacker videos just because no one gets banned for hacking anymore.

It is frustrating indeed, neither do I can explain you why, but these decissions are all for the rest of the players' lives. Account permantly banned. They try to be as carefull as they can to not ban anyone that hasn't done anything wrong, and by doing this sometimes real hackers don't get banned, but as the proof stacks up it'll be more likely for him to get banned.

What are you trying to say? That some players aren't banned for hacking because it's better for the rest of the players? I can see where you went with this, but hacking is hacking, and should be ban-able.

Hacking in Minecraft is too commonplace (and 'accepted'). If we intensify measures, the likelihood we make a false positive increases and that's what I want to avoid at all costs. The best we can do is fight the most excessive hacks, but Minecraft's structure relies on resources and other mechanics that just don't make the game suitable for competitive play at all.

I much rather would change the server in one giant PvE game (but that either takes a lot of server resources or is unchallenging for a lot of peepz), or something where people can compete on a more equal and less cheatable level (economy?).

I think it would be fun if everyone just focussed on building a cities, and we can limit PvP to specified sections of wilderness or arenas.

Hacking in Minecraft is too commonplace (and 'accepted'). If we intensify measures, the likelihood we make a false positive increases and that's what I want to avoid at all costs. The best we can do is fight the most excessive hacks, but Minecraft's structure relies on resources and other mechanics that just don't make the game suitable for competitive play at all.

I much rather would change the server in one giant PvE game (but that either takes a lot of server resources or is unchallenging for a lot of peepz), or something where people can compete on a more equal and less cheatable level (economy?).

I think it would be fun if everyone just focussed on building a cities, and we can limit PvP to specified sections of wilderness or arenas.

You've suggested this before but people don't go multiplayer for pve, nor does our current player base want to build, the set up we are running is definatly good because it's so vanilla (no economy/mcmmo) if we will change to just building there will be a fuzz in the beginning but you'll see that there aren't that much players that just want to build in multiplayer + that would mean almost no donations at all (not for obby/tnt/cloak). The setup we have is great and that's what the players want, but banning hackers is the only problem and I'm sure we don't need to change the server to pve of creative building for that.

(Most people indeed sometimes want to pve just like me and I notice we set up our own server for that, which will be dead after a few days of pve because everyone got bored)

What are you trying to say? That some players aren't banned for hacking because it's better for the rest of the players? I can see where you went with this, but hacking is hacking, and should be ban-able.

I meant that if admins would ban players more easily for hacking there's more chance someone gets falsly banned ans that's the worst thing that could happen to a playersexperience.

Edited by Mathijs1996

you just need to use /vanish (or whatever you use) and fly around watching pvp otherwise it will just continue. recording is just painful, even if you have a the required software which isnt that hard to get alot of pcs will have to cope with the extra lag created by running more programs and even then some hacks arent exactly that easy to record. my base has been vclipepd into 3 times,(yes im pointing at you xpro) reord? no i dont like the lag. if i had recorded- eveery time there was a wall in the way so recording a guy come out from behind the wall is hardly going to get them ban.

I think i have something you might be intrested in clavus, ill hit you up in pm.

you just need to use /vanish (or whatever you use) and fly around watching pvp otherwise it will just continue. recording is just painful, even if you have a the required software which isnt that hard to get alot of pcs will have to cope with the extra lag created by running more programs and even then some hacks arent exactly that easy to record. my base has been vclipepd into 3 times,(yes im pointing at you xpro) reord? no i dont like the lag. if i had recorded- eveery time there was a wall in the way so recording a guy come out from behind the wall is hardly going to get them ban.

Bullshit ^

Bullshit ^

the how exactly do you all mysteriously seem to get through a roof and into our base, explain that and you might have the smallest bit of credibility here

Bullshit ^

the how exactly do you all mysteriously seem to get through a roof and into our base, explain that and you might have the smallest bit of credibility here

He vclips, duh

Bullshit ^

He vclips, duh

I dont even think i ever raided you, anyway i dont care if you are saying im vclipping. you will need proof.

Keep the server faction wars. You'll have to find a whole new player base if you switch the theme of the server, which won't be easy.