Mr. Green Gaming

This one is for Clavus: Map reset request!

xDerpina

Dear Clavus.

With this topic I am requesting a Map reset at Saterday the 2nd of Febauri.

Sindce this map is like over and no one actually gets new adventures like finding a new and or finally has his xp grinder.

What I would like to see next map (if its possible to make that quick.)

* Low enchants like 2 - 3 maps ago.

* No public end ( sindce a end spawner wont have any plus points beucause we cant enchant higher than level 8.)

* Keep it allowed to place Brewing stands, furnace, Enchantment tables.

* Maybe look at all the Admin apps and think about it, it would be great if we have a American admin because of the time difference.

* GET A DAMN SMALLER MAP !!!

* Maybe add a bit more voting sites and get 2 dia's each vote and some XP.

* Add a 1 minute pvp timer after each 60 minutes relogg.

I really hope this could be fixed.

I'm getting really sick of this map :V

Kind Regards: xDerpina

PS: I hope you all agree and maybe say YES I AGREE and at 20 votes for yes clavus could add it :3

Little note: I'm Dutch so dont yell about my grammer.

Edited by xDerpina

- Personally, I think we should start small. Try removing Prot IV first, and see how combat is rebalanced. I think thats where a lot of the problems lie. 

* No public end

- Historically has ended in tears. With the new pearl plug in, a portal monopoly would unbalance combat considerably.

- Obviously

* Maybe look at all the Admin apps and think about it, it would be great if we have a American admin because of the time difference.

- There is a need yes, but the right candidate IDK. 

- Agreed, should take a look at the spread of factions on the current dynmap and set the world border to that.

- If anything I think we need less sites for the same reward. 

- Not sure what this will improve?

- Personally, I think we should start small. Try removing Prot IV first, and see how combat is rebalanced. I think thats where a lot of the problems lie. 

* No public end

- Historically has ended in tears. With the new pearl plug in, a portal monopoly would unbalance combat considerably.

- Obviously

- There is a need yes, but the right candidate IDK. 

- Agreed, should take a look at the spread of factions on the current dynmap and set the world border to that.

- If anything I think we need less sites for the same reward. 

- Not sure what this will improve?

* Remove prot IV.

- The difference between protection IV and III is really really small. I think i could life with prot II enabled

* Not sure what thiss will improve

- If a fagg (vclipped) in your base and marked it in your base and you will logg in they will inmediatly teleport to you and kill you. If you cant get hitted 2 - 4 minutes you can get yourself save ?

I don't fully understand the equation given on the wiki. But the total EPF (don't ask, I don't know) for protection IV is 11.25 whereas prot IV is 23.25. I don't think full Prot III would be overpowered especially considering the fact you could still get fully enchanted swords. 

Is this actually an issue? I've only heard of people using it when people wimp out of fights and log. It stops the attacker having to trek across the map again, which I think is a good thing.

I've had some great ideas to fix spawn next map,

If we make the world smaller and add an aditional 'spawn' world which will have the spawn + warzone around it with puzzles and adventure map,

we will have a safe place for puzzles (no factions in the area to light a boat on fire). This will also make the 4 2-way teleporters that spawn will have more valueble since they're the only exit to safety. If we can construc the teleporters in that way that it is near impossible to get to spawn when someone is fighting you we also have the spawncamping issue solved. We will be able to make a better looking spawn + a neat warzone with treasures and puzzles.

As been pointed out it doesn't matter what you with the enchants, if you lower armor enchants you have to lower sword enchants which will make bows and pots overpowered.

DO NOT FORGET THAT IF WE REMOVE PROTECTION ARMOR EVERYONE WILL START SPAMMING INSTANT DAMAGES WHILE INVISIBLE

It'll be a pain in the arse and nobody will enjoy pvp'ing since it'll end in a massive pot spam fest.

There is no ideal combination, if we're going to change the current enchants/pots or whatever I would like to let you know that once we remove one thing (armor protection) Everything has to be removed to make it back balanced. If we're only going to do a max Prot III it'll be a pain in the arse due plugin installment and probably a crapload of people being able to glitch higher level armor in the game.

Voting should be more rewarded (actually items or 2 xp in game maybe), if players can get 15 levels from voting on all the links they will vote on all the links.

Also add new stuff in the greencoins shop.

Currently I don't see any good American player that could become admin. Mainly since American players only have begun to play on this server since half a year maybe a year ago. This means their forum activity + amount of American players is still low. If we will see the American player base indeed grow I think we should get an American admin, but for now ...

Current pvp system is as good as it can get imo for minecraft, it's still vanilla and you're pretty sure your target can't log out or w/e.

Why not remove harming pots? that would be great. i would like people to fight fear. and not 6vs1(mystical) because u wont get a "pvp" expirience. so i would have maximum p3 and sharp 3 swords. then u wil be able to use ur PVP Skills. 

i would like the spawn natural to the biomes. and some rules and updates u can reed. 

Edited by xtissetass

xTisse, That will just stay gay as fuck ! Also, removing harming pots will be the biggest mistake ever.

Mathi, It would be nice if we could let netherwarts only grow in the nether because it isn't rare to have netherwarts now. If it will only grow in the nether potions will be rare too wich will make the gameplay nicer IMO

Edited by xDerpina
I've had some great ideas to fix spawn next map,

If we make the world smaller and add an aditional 'spawn' world which will have the spawn + warzone around it with puzzles and adventure map,

we will have a safe place for puzzles (no factions in the area to light a boat on fire). This will also make the 4 2-way teleporters that spawn will have more valueble since they're the only exit to safety. If we can construc the teleporters in that way that it is near impossible to get to spawn when someone is fighting you we also have the spawncamping issue solved. We will be able to make a better looking spawn + a neat warzone with treasures and puzzles.

As been pointed out it doesn't matter what you with the enchants, if you lower armor enchants you have to lower sword enchants which will make bows and pots overpowered.

DO NOT FORGET THAT IF WE REMOVE PROTECTION ARMOR EVERYONE WILL START SPAMMING INSTANT DAMAGES WHILE INVISIBLE

It'll be a pain in the arse and nobody will enjoy pvp'ing since it'll end in a massive pot spam fest.

There is no ideal combination, if we're going to change the current enchants/pots or whatever I would like to let you know that once we remove one thing (armor protection) Everything has to be removed to make it back balanced. If we're only going to do a max Prot III it'll be a pain in the arse due plugin installment and probably a crapload of people being able to glitch higher level armor in the game.

Voting should be more rewarded (actually items or 2 xp in game maybe), if players can get 15 levels from voting on all the links they will vote on all the links.

Also add new stuff in the greencoins shop.

Currently I don't see any good American player that could become admin. Mainly since American players only have begun to play on this server since half a year maybe a year ago. This means their forum activity + amount of American players is still low. If we will see the American player base indeed grow I think we should get an American admin, but for now ...

Current pvp system is as good as it can get imo for minecraft, it's still vanilla and you're pretty sure your target can't log out or w/e.

I thought pro armor doesnt change potion effects?

And if you were to add the pvp timer, if you logged in someones base, you can log back in and walk around in it invincible for 60 seconds (as xderp suggested) which isn't a very good idea.

I think the spawn thing is a good idea, along with voting, Clavus should add the /vote plugin (can't remember the name) because otherwise people have to go and google search which is annoying.

And xDerp, please STOP making all these threads posts and shouts about a new map. Your idea has been added to his brain, no need to spam it everywhere.

Btw, I have been here since 1.8 :)

Edited by _WhiteThunder_

I think that prot III armor limitation is a good idea but it will take a lot of plugins due to anvils. I also like the idea of a smaller map, and a restart (nobody plays on this map anymore). I think that these suggestions are great and that we'd get a lot more players if admins were to implement them.

Potions are fine, maybe add a timer between the pots thrown, but by no means should any potions be removed. The brewing stand area map was a complete fail, that should never happen again. Higher enchants such as sharp IV/V and prot III/IV removed would mean a lot more skill and strategy involved in pvp, making it a lot more fun. Making nether warts only grow in the nether would be gay, it would just mean xrayers just destroy your wart farms.

And White, protection armor does protect against instant damage potions.

Edited by RedGander

Mathijs this statement makes you sound like such an arrogant little man. I have been on for over a year, and yes, contrary to you beliefs, I am involved on the forums. But I guess you Dutchies and what not are the big bois on campus, so don't mind this dumb little American.

When you accuse anyone who has skills to be a hacker, of course you will fail to recognize them as potentially good admins.

Edited by kittycool321

Today I had a fight on my personal server with a friend, no OP enchants or swords, Just plain health potions and a poison. We were forced to use actual strategy, not rely on our OP enchants for protection. I have to say it was one of the best fights I've done. Man is it satisfying to see your opponent go up in flames from a flint and steel. All in all, OP enchants are kind of dumb.

Today I had a fight on my personal server with a friend, no OP enchants or swords, Just plain health potions and a poison. We were forced to use actual strategy, not rely on our OP enchants for protection. I have to say it was one of the best fights I've done. Man is it satisfying to see your opponent go up in flames from a flint and steel. All in all, OP enchants are kind of dumb.

Kod and I just want to see fights like this: 

unfortunately new players wont see this D:

on a reset tho 1.5 is coming, and with this there will be new ores added to the game so perhaps wait for this.

and kitty get over yourself, just that post alone proves that your not admin material, theres plenty of us here that arent dutch and play from all around the world and you dont see us complaining about it. 

Edited by jellyfish999111

This is the defiantly the best idea for making voting a rewarding thing. I sure that diamonds will be just too much.

You're not the only ones.

Why not remove harming pots? that would be great. i would like people to fight fear. and not 6vs1(mystical) because u wont get a "pvp" expirience. so i would have maximum p3 and sharp 3 swords. then u wil be able to use ur PVP Skills. 

i would like the spawn natural to the biomes. and some rules and updates u can reed. 

Maybe just come to our base without prot 4 and sharp 5 fire 2?

You're not the only ones.

I agree. The map 3 maps ago I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ry3yUKGAq4

And this 2 maps ago (High enchants allowed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0JsFkpkBU

Edited by robiana
Potions are fine, maybe add a timer between the pots thrown, but by no means should any potions be removed. The brewing stand area map was a complete fail, that should never happen again. Higher enchants such as sharp IV/V and prot III/IV removed would mean a lot more skill and strategy involved in pvp, making it a lot more fun. Making nether warts only grow in the nether would be gay, it would just mean xrayers just destroy your wart farms. And White, protection armor does protect against instant damage potions.
The following types of damage are not reduced by armor and have no effect on the armor itself:Instant damage from a Potion of Harming. Copied from minecraft wiki
Currently I don't see any good American player that could become admin. Mainly since American players only have begun to play on this server since half a year maybe a year ago. This means their forum activity + amount of American players is still low. If we will see the American player base indeed grow I think we should get an American admin, but for now ...Current pvp system is as good as it can get imo for minecraft, it's still vanilla and you're pretty sure your target can't log out or w/e.
Mathijs this statement makes you sound like such an arrogant little man. I have been on for over a year, and yes, contrary to you beliefs, I am involved on the forums. But I guess you Dutchies and what not are the big bois on campus, so don't mind this dumb little American.When you accuse anyone who has skills to be a hacker, of course you will fail to recognize them as potentially good admins.
He never implied that you are a hacker and you insulting him doesnt make anything better.
I'm speaking for Americans. If you don't agree then just don't say anything.
You are NOT speaking for all of us. :P