Mr. Green Gaming

Duby72's moderator proposal

• Greens

Thank you for having the time to read my moderator application. I am a 17 and doing my AS-A levels in six form. i am doing A-level computing and studying the language java with great interest. i have  also started to pick up the language 'LUA' i felt that i would need to learn it if i was to run a successful and error free server of my own. My main hobbies consist of programming and running my own Sandbox server. 'Dubys Freedom Server'. I very much often find my self busy with either making changes or helping others will issues with a project of their own server.

I also have a big interest of making maps for my server and enjoy being creative with map editing. although it can be a pain aha. recently there has been a big demand for admins to be online and playing on Mr.Green. being on the server an lot i notice that the problems seem to be simple tasks. they arn't so much this is an error. But this players needs to be muted or kicked. I often find myself thinking that admins have a lot to do with their own personal time outside of the server and it would be more beneficial to have lower ranking admins 'moderators' to sort out small tasks as i described.

At the time of this post I am a lv 50 player. compared to other players I am not the highest or best at the game, but i will always give strong advice to new players or players that may want help. I am a paisient person and don't often loose my temper at other players. I feel that i have been on the server enough times so that i know the maps like the back of my hand enabling me to help others navigate to the best of most strategic spots.

As I am at six form most of the day after doing work i find that I am more of a 6:30-9:30 player. This corresponds with the peak amount of players and the lowest amount. this often is the time where other admins may be busy. I feel that if i was to be made an 'operator/moderator' with simplistic powers such as mute, kick, gag it would help the flow of the server and keep games going with out arguments or mic spamming etc...    

Although I have a lot to learn I do feel I can make a bigger contribute to the server, of course under the guidance of other Admins and players. to players i am known as a native or frequent player of Mr.Green and known well. I also operate over mic as many players may distinguish me because of my 'Bristolian' accent aha. but because of this players seem to listen and take advice more seriously and I feel that helps game play.

I do have a social life as well but i must admit I mainly have an online life and I feel that also does help with understanding to what wouod be expected of me. I would like to thank you for having the time for reading my moderator application.

yours faithfully

StJohn

'My name is a really old British name ;D' 

i had this idea as well. it is really annoying when you have kids being douchebags cade breaking etc. Duby is on mr.green quite a lot of the time so he could help mute/gag people, I can't imagine duby abusing his powers.

Edited by poohplop
can you make most of the mature regulars moderators?

You misunderstand.

It's not about maturity only.

It's about their activity and how well do the members of Mr. Green community know them. TopCrew can't just be like "Oh hey this guy's mature, let's make him an admin." There is Admin Application for that for who wants to be an admin and who doesn't (the 2nd does fit here though ugh ugh). That's why it also takes a while for TC to accept someone.

And then, imagine 80% of all these folks being admins.

It's not that easy as you think.

Edited by Mr. Darkness
can you make most of the mature regulars moderators?

You misunderstand.

It's not about maturity only.

It's about their activity and how well do the members of Mr. Green community know them. TopCrew can't just be like "Oh hey this guy's mature, let's make him an admin." There is Admin Application for that for who wants to be an admin and who doesn't (the 2nd does fit here though ugh ugh). That's why it also takes a while for TC to accept someone.

And then, imagine 80% of all these folks being admins.

It's not that easy as you think.

to be a regular you need to play regularly. moderators are different to admins.

Edited by poohplop

If you work on a same company for lets say 7 years doesn't mean your gonna be the company's leader or boss by the end of your career, you have to be recognized by other workers as well as show how skilled you are and have good speech skills + charisma.

get what I mean?

• 1 month later...