Mr. Green Gaming

Some guy called me a faggot??? [Rant]

I've been playing in this server for about 3 months or so but yesterday while I was playing a DD round there was this dude who got killed by me, Now I don't know if that's supposed to be a bad thing but he repeatedly called me a faggot and told me to fuck myself. I have no idea how to feel about this. I guess I feel confused and saddened. Like I said, I've been playing for a while on this server and I've never faced any type of discrimination but then again, I know swearing its all fun & part of the game The only thing that makes me angry is that the guy must have felt some sort of "confidence" because he was behind a computer screen. 

Please don't tell me to deal with it, I might be a wimp but 
I'm not really shocked, just really confused and bothered. It's just annoying to deal with. I guess when you experience something like this you'll know how it is. For me it felt like.. I don't know, it was like when you live in a charming small town where no one can do wrong and everyone knows each other and then, all of a sudden, a murder or some other type of crime occurs. It's just so shocking, confusing, and saddening because it doesn't really happen. But that's just my analogy. 

I've experienced this type of discrimination once on another server thats why I moved on here but this cycle keeps going on and on and it's sad, I honestly believe that the world is going BACKWARDS and Nice guys like me are just the scapegoat and main targets to harass and ridicule. I've been bullied ALL my life, so it's not like it's a shock or something new. I just find it extremely disturbing and peculiar. Why people feel the need to do these things, I will never know (besides the fact that it boosts their ego, and they do it to show off and feel better about themselves).

Oh and also,
This is not satire

People are assholes

Couldn't said it any better. I have to agree. Maybe I should just turn off the chat and enjoy my game instead. Thank you for the reply.  :lol:

If this bothers you then how do you react when somebody says fuck you right into your face in real life, besides this is internet you shouldn't take anything seriously especially in a game 

I wouldn't do anything except to come home and rant about it on the interwebs. Sucks to be me. 

And you're right, I'll keep that in my mind. :)

This is so useless, you expose your life in a game. 
For an irrelevant and quite common motif in games ..
Fuck what think of me, do not care ... 

I don't get the reason why you're being rude, Are you trying to sound edgy? If so, It's not really working out. I'm not really exposing my entire life occurrence out here, Like I said, I just had to get it out of my chest isn't what a rant's about? I don't understand what you just said in the last line but I honestly think you should consider doing something else instead of shooting rude comments towards me.

Damien was right.

People are assholes.

And I once again apologize if my post bothered you in anyway Vini, I'm not here to argue with anyone but to play and have fun.
Peace. :)

bla bla bla bla

This is so useless, you expose your life in a game. 
For an irrelevant and quite common motif in games ..
Fuck what think of me, do not care ... 

hahhahhahhaaa laughs forever

Do you really listen to yourself about what you write here?

I mean, one thing is not to give a crap about what eatmychildren is saying, the other is to continuously "harass" him.

Respect is a very important word, not only in "real" life...

People are assholes 

True fact, either here or anywhere else, you are going to find people who you don't like, and you just need to move on.

We (admins) try to decreasy the "harassment" at the least possible, but you can always don't give a crap about the chatbox...

Anyway, I was looking and found this, give it a try to see if works:

Console Commands

bind defaults Binds control defaults in the settings menu

Press ~ (tilde) or F8 to access the console, then type a command followed by any necessary parameters (if applicable) then press Enter.

ignore [nickname] This will not display any text typed by the player you wish to ignore. To stop ignoring a player, type ignore [nickname] again. Tip: You can use these commands in the chatbox by putting a / (forward slash) in front of them.  

Link: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Client_Manual

Edited by Retard

What I feel that people need to be able to learn is the ability to ignore others. As mentioned, it's the Internet, and the people can't always be avoided. The next best thing would be to simply ignore them, or pretend they're saying something positive rather than negative. 99.9% of the time, people who talk crap about others are just jealous in some way.

ignore [nickname] This will not display any text typed by the player you wish to ignore. To stop ignoring a player, type ignore [nickname] again. Tip: You can use these commands in the chatbox by putting a / (forward slash) in front of them.  

Link: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Client_Manual

Yea everybody know how it work, the real question is Does it really works? i've tried to use it a long time ago and it just doesnt work in these servers.

I have 14 haters in  server

Wow u count ur haters lol

Like everyone said, the best solution is simply to ignore. If you feel like ignoring isn't enough you can always PM an admin to take care of the situation. (without any proofs it's almost impossible to take any action unless the player is a known retard or this a recurrent offense)

Here's a few commands that I use when I don't want to deal with anyone, might help you.

/showchat - disables main chat

/messagesoff - disables PM function

I'm sorry you have to deal with this but sadly this is how gaming works.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

:o

I added /ignore (via OnClientChatMessage @kali)

Thanks for this...much appreciated. It makes it so much easier to concentrate on the race at hand and see what's being typed.

Suggestion: would it also be possible to ignore cross-server chat, as well as certain command outputs such as “/lol” or “/me”?

Both these features on a per-user or all user, basis so as to further reduce the amount of information being sent to your chat-box.

Many thanks.

Edited by Quad_Tube