⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Admins situation

BinSlayer

Hello. The following passage is about the race server as I do not play in mix and do not know the situation there.

It has recently come to my attention that the server is flooded with blockers. We don't have many rules. But blocking is the worst thing you can do when your in-game friends/colleagues are trying to race. Admins usually warn, kick and ban blockers, not necessarily in that order.

Now I do not know much about the management. I do not know how many people are server managers or if there even are others besides SDK, but this post is a cry for help towards the management. The server needs more admins. And those admins need to be active.

As I'm writing this post, it's 11 PM Netherlands time and I am the only admin online. Within 2 minutes of joining, I had to kick 2 people for blocking. So I wonder what chaos it must have been before I joined. I wonder what chaos it will be after I leave. And I wonder what chaos it will be at night-time when all European admins are asleep.

With that being said, I ask that the server management team takes care of the admins situation and ensures that the server is well protected as much of the day as possible.

I do not only come to you with problems, but with solutions as well. My solution or better yet my suggestion is to track admins activity. Keep records of their play-time hours and generate weekly statistics. Admins with less than 2-3 hours a week in 2-3 consecutive weeks should get their privileges revoked and if not, that should at least tell you that there need to be more of them out there. That was just an idea, I'm sure the management team can come up with the best solution, but this problem needs to stop. The server looks abandoned the way it is at the moment.

Can't we automatically detect if some player collides with a lot of players? Make some sort of scoring system. If implemented well, it should automatically put them in spectators team until they've written their reason for the bashing. After 2 times it bans that player for a couple hours. etc. etc.

Can't we automatically detect if some player collides with a lot of players? Make some sort of scoring system. If implemented well, it should automatically put them in spectators team until they've written their reason for the bashing. After 2 times it bans that player for a couple hours. etc. etc.

Sincerelly not a good idea.

Also in Mix there are a lot of teamkillers, blockers and spammer, yeah a lot of that last one.

I suggest like Bin more admins and also give the /k cmd to players that are very active.

Why?

Something like giving a mute command to the killers, i mean, im almost online from morning until bedtime. I dont think it needs more killers (in mix), but race would definately need some killers.

I think it isnt really reliable, i prefer human judgement.

In example, we had an anti tk script for CTF, first it was scripted to kick after 3 team rams, but that didnt work since people were getting kicked that didnt intend teamkilling.

Edited by KaliBwoy

Not a good idea because when racing you come into contact with other drivers all the time, which isn't the same as blocking. So i could see a situation in which yr banned just for racing.

Part of the problem is that only people from Europe seem to be the only admins ever added i usually play from 8pm(USA east coast time) on and off till around 4am and never once see a admin.

Edited by MoshPit

Not a good idea because when racing you come into contact with other drivers all the time, which isn't the same as blocking. So i could see a situation in which yr banned just for racing.

Part of the problem is that only people from Europe seem to be the only admins ever added i usually play from 8pm(USA east coast time) on and off till around 4am and never once see a admin.

There you go, the answer, plus lag makes contact with another cars too.

Yes, agree with the blocking thing. Mr green is the exclusive Race-Server with non ghostmode.

My suggestions are:

-give well-known/ licensed player´s the possibility to start /voteban

-give well-known/ licensed player´s a new GM dimension. Normal are 2, create 3.

-give well-known/ licensed player´s kind of admin rights(maybe only the kick command)

-recruit new admins

///

DOOZYJude.

Why?

Because all of we dont have the same ping, i always have 180-200 ms, the most of the times i dont want to ram someone or someone dont want to ram me but it just happen.

Put the /k command in Race its a better idea, but RACE admins need to choose who will have it and who wont, the mix /k users arent trained for this job, this isnt dd or shooter.

edit: i didnt saw the mosh's post. 

Edited by SkyBlue

yes ofc it's possible.. the management team should think about it and come up with a decision and/or implementation

Contact is a terrible idea

Because thats what makes a race a mans thing, ghost mode is for sissies, and so incredibly sleep inducing. You think the nascar is for ghost mode?

Also at least in mix in nts, I dunno about race, there's plenty of people that mess around harmlessly when they aren't winning.

And thats nonsense about other race servers being ghostmode. There are no race servers apart from gta ru and mrgreen, the rest is dm. Noone wants gm in dm but race is an entirely different matter.

Best idea is to forget about contact bans and make sure you have a focused psychologically balanced killer that won't confuse ramming with blocking.

I don't really care about another script or not but we seriously need more admins. Even if the script works, we need people that control other aspects of the server as well, and we are a few. 

My suggestion is having mods as well. Give them fewer commands and less control but decrease the amount of chaos in the servers.

I don't really care about another script or not but we seriously need more admins. Even if the script works, we need people that control other aspects of the server as well, and we are a few. 

My suggestion is having mods as well. Give them fewer commands and less control but decrease the amount of chaos in the servers.

Perfect