Mr. Green Gaming

DM Gamemode (Mix)

Knul

Yo Greenie's,

What do you think of the idea of adding DM in Mix?

It would be awesome, we have much DM Maps in Race but cp's are added in it.

DM is awesome and fun! I think much guys are gonna say 'no, don't add it' nah nah, u just suck at it.

It's fun if you don't suck at it! 

1. The first video is in MrGreen Race with checkpoints raced by Juggernaut
  2. The second video is in an-other server raced by me for this topic/idea

** THE MAP IN MRGREEN IS A LIL' BIT DIFFERENT.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvq_9heXLs (With Checkpoints and in MrGreen)

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXIjnTMC_U&list=UUjI4nddhKg_uX29bqMl1PAA (Without Checkpoints and in other server)

Thanks and say what u think of this idea!

Edited by Knul!!

Isnt deathmatch kinda the same as RTF but then with no respawn?

You have a point, but RTF isn't so cool with lights and awesome jumps, music etc.

If you watch the video(s) and compare it with RTF maps, DM Wins cause the look (Lights, cool sky, much objects, jumps) ..

RTF maps are just on the streets/roads, DM is above water and own world.

Guest AleksCore

In my opinion DM - it's when map is pretty hard with many kinds of rollercoasters/tricks/stunts, with no respawn and if you finish first, you take Hunter and kill alive people. If two or more players finished - they fighting on Hunters. You must know maps good and just be well-skilled player to finish some maps. Its pretty funny. I've loved DM few years ago, but now I just don't know. Sometimes DM become annoying and boring for you. But we can try to launch this gamemode, probably people will like it. We will see.

P.S. I remember when I played DM without ghostmode. That was fun and real challenge

Edited by AleksCore

DM maps are "harder".

If you go to an unknown server to play DM you wont finish the maps without dying many times.

The trick of this gamemode is to learn how to play the map, once you get it it will be fun.

Basically i like some RTF that are in the server that are "easy DMs" the difference is just the flag changed to the hunter... Well in DM many players can get hunter and fight till death and the map doesnt finish until everybody dies or kinda, i've tried some different DM modes...

If we add DM it will just be inside de RTF mode.

Remind the people that this server is f***ing especial and has gamemodes that never existed in any other server so if we are going to add DM make it unique, singular, MrGreenOnly... You know where I'm going.

I've played lots of maps of this gamemode, but I'm still thinking that I'm better racing. I love this gamemode, though I haven't been playing this around 7 or 8 months. I prefer as it is now.

Also, you can't imagine how much campers are are on this gamemode.. omg killers will want to suicide.. the gamemode will never end and maps are long as...

Edited by neox.

In my opinion DM - it's when map is pretty hard with many kinds of rollercoasters/tricks/stunts, with no respawn and if you finish first, you take hunter and kill alive people. You must know maps good and just be well-skilled player to finish some maps. Its pretty funny. I've loved DM few years ago, but now I just don't know. Sometimes DM become annoying and boring for you. But we can try to launch this gamemode, probably people will like it. We will see.

most people noobs at DM so they wont like it because the will die first and they have to wait if checkpoint added to DM it will be good for noob players

i already map some RTF-DM maps people dislike it 

nvm

btw players can camp all the map and get 2nd

Edited by Borz

I agree with all of you, maybe the map can't be 3min+ and PUT GHOSTMODE on, that's really challenging.

And maybe you can add a script that 3 or 5 players can finish, not 1 player to keep it more fair. 

@SDK Maybe make some rules like, don't make too big jumps where you need to spin.

I love the way you guys are complaining ! :)

I agree with all of you, maybe the map can't be 3min+ and PUT GHOSTMODE on, that's really challenging.

And maybe you can add a script that 3 or 5 players can finish, not 1 player to keep it more fair. 

@SDK Maybe make some rules like, don't make too big jumps where you need to spin.

players can camp all the map and get 2nd or something like that

players can camp all the map and get 2nd or something like that

RULE NUMBER ONE: Killed for not moving! :)

Do not think about the rules now,the gamemode isn't added yet.

another respawn mode will quite bad of course,but maybe you can find a solution,for example,if a player dies during the map,he can respawn in another dimension,a dimension where only the player can drive in,so when he gets the hunter,he should be killed by the console.

Those pro's alive should drive in the same dimension and fight with the hunter.

Do not think about the rules now,the gamemode isn't added yet.

another respawn mode will quite bad of course,but maybe you can find a solution,for example,if a player dies during the map,he can respawn in another dimension,a dimension where only the player can drive in,so when he gets the hunter,he should be killed by the console.

Those pro's alive should drive in the same dimension and fight with the hunter.

I didn't get it how noobs can win in this its game for only pro's

80%of players noobs in DM

Edited by Borz

The problem of DM is that only the mapper or people that play the maps all the day know them, there are a lot of incredible DM maps, overdecorated or with a lot of spins and weird landings but as i said, only the mapper or someone that have the map on his pc and have tryed it 400K times can reach the hunter, make a top and kill all the other players... ofc if they didnt died in the first infernus 360°DoubleJumpNoScopeSilencedShot.

The problem of DM is that only the mapper or people that play the maps all the day know them, there are a lot of incredible DM maps, overdecorated or with a lot of spins and weird landings but as i said, only the mapper or someone that have the map on his pc and have tryed it 400K times can reach the hunter, make a top and kill all the other players... ofc if they didnt died in the first infernus 360°DoubleJumpNoScopeSilencedShot.

rofl

• 2 months later...

Hey! Just wanted to know: is this idea completely discarded? I do enjoy this kind of gamemode and I'm sure we can make it noob friendly. I know it's pretty hard to reach the hunter when you don't know the map but I believe the gamemode is still pretty fun to play with all the loops, massive jumps, lightning and air manipulation (mastering this can prove pretty useful in other gamemodes and the race server). Here are some ideas to see if you can consider implementing it:

- Respawn (this is a must for the gamemode to not be hated).

- Short time limit and new timer once the hunter is reached.

- To avoid camping, you won't get GC if you didn't reach the hunter.

- If you get the hunter, you earn some GC. Also, if you kill another hunter (killing in DD/delivering flag in CTF).

- Winner gets the most GC. If there's no winner after time runs out, divide GC or no winning GC. Reaching the hunter GC still applies.

- Replace RTF with this. RTF is like a very basic form of DM and it's not popular at ala. You really can't damage the server's popularity by replacing it.

- Create a sticky tutorial thread for air control. Advertise it when DM gets played ("Die much? Learn to DM! link"). We can all help with this.

What do you think? Is this too hard or impossible to do? I'd like to hear your opinions. Just don't say that not getting GC for being a noob will be an issue because currently in RTF only one player does. Actually, with the recommendations above you'll have a slightly better chance to get GC.